Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin (11796 Views)

Police Foil Robbery Attempt In Onitsha, Kill 2 Armed Robbers, Arrest Four(Photo) / Police Foil Robbery Attack In Delta, Arrest Eleven Suspected Cultists (Photos) / Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by IdioticNLmods: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
Things hard
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by LyfeJennings(m): 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
If they truly mean business
Them go Rob that place and and go Scott free
Na innocent citizens go die pass
I mean talking of robbers numbering up to 150
Huge numbers of magazines and high end ammunition
I tell U Dem go Rob the place clean and clear
Reminds me of a robbery that happened some many years back in Lagos Island
Mehnnnn, even police japa
The robbers after taking the money now stood on Carter Bridge. Faced opposite traffic. Dem kill!!!! U go think say humans na chicken that day. Stray bullet hit anybody. That day was a rainy day. I'd never forget.
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by Arysexy(m): 10:46pm On Nov 12, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

I robbed Fort Knox and lived to tell the tale.

That's a story for another day...

FBI see o
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by TheFacelessMan: 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2019
Arysexy:

FBI see o

Shhhhh. You want me to thrash my iPhone 11 so that wouldn't track me ? undecided
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by Omoslim26: 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2019
this robbers get

OJUKOKORO CBN of all places them no even start with access or wema or keystone bank
dem wan collect their own share of the national cake by fire by force

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by kunki90(m): 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
Naija Police always playing defense, why not defend and engage in hot pursuit since the thieves fled?

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by Branzy(m): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2019
kunki90:
Naija Police always playing defense, why not defend and engage in hot pursuit since the thieves fled?

You want people to die. That place is the city center

4 Likes

Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by REDshouse(m): 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Too much of "money heist" cheesy cheesy

By now dem go dey swear for their mentors; professor,Berlin, Rio, Nairobi, Denver, Tokyo,Oslo, helsiki, Baba Denver aka(Moscow) cheesy and co.

If they were caught they knew professor would come up with a plan and save them grin grin
marketing heist up and down
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by grandstar(m): 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2019
Robbing a Central Bank, even a branch is very risky. Those places are deliberately designed as fortresses to make it very hard to rob.

It reminds me of that Hughes Brothers film, "Dead Presidents". The lead character was Larenz Tate. Those guys are awesome directors. They were the guys that directed "Menace to Society". They have that skill to make their movies seem so real
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by holluwizzy: 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2019
My advice, always lock your doors and put off all Ur in-house light. I was robbed last week. 3 compound also close to my house.
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by SenecaTheYonger: 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2019
General0847:
Kudos to those brave policemen.

Brave what? Pple that can die for 50 naira bribe? How much more protecting a bullion van filled with 50 naira.
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by stonemasonn: 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2019
They want to make record. grin
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by yoged(m): 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2019
References:
Police in Benin City on Tuesday evening, repelled an attempt by armed robbers to attack the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Benin branch.

The ugly incident, which happened at King Square (the city center), saw the attempt by the robbery gang trying to break into the bank when a bullion van carrying cash to an unknown commercial bank was about leaving the CBN premises.

The hoodlums were, however, repelled by the armed police security team attached to the bank.

The exchange of gunfire between the bank security and the robbers that lasted few minutes forced the robbers to retreat and escape, while people and motorists around scampered for safety.

An eyewitness told DAILY POST that luck ran out of the robbers who may have been prepared for the worse.

“Bros, the robbers were ready for anything but the police also showed them that they were super ready for them.

“You can see how unusual the environment is for now, this whole place was locked down, traffic was heavy here due to the attack. How can robbers come to this place, the centre of our capital city, place like Ring Road. I think the state government has to do something about the security of this state, especially now that Xmas is around the corner, thank God that no casualty was recorded in gun duel.

Our correspondent reports that, more policemen had been drafted in to beef up security around the CBN.

The State Commissioner of Police, Danmallam Mohammed and the command spokesperson, Mr. Chidi Nwabuzor, could not be reached for comment at the time of filling this report.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/11/12/police-foil-attempt-by-robbers-to-attack-cbn-in-benin/
False news

Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by Ruggedniggaone: 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2019
good thing is that those boys tried though they fail it will teach other courageous armed robber that CBN is robbeable
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by Depressed101: 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ill conceived idea.... Say no to marijuana cheesy
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by Depressed101: 11:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
yoged:
False news
oga n damage control....

2 Likes

Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by Robchuks77(m): 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
D spirit of exmas
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by MadokaHitomi: 11:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
It is those bastards who want to do December
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by godofuck231: 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

I robbed Fort Knox and lived to tell the tale.

That's a story for another day...
wow you mean like this?

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by Myself2(m): 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2019
blizard44:
Some people liver strong pass steel.

CBN wey their security no dey smile.

No be wetin too much 'Money Heist' film and codeine dey cause be this?

From King Square enter Akpakpava , body go don dey give you sign sey place wey you dey na holy ground make you carry your slippers for hand - Make you no go do pass yourself.

If you no fear all that chuku chuku wey dey come out from ground for their gate, you no fear their electric fence wey high like walls for Ubiaja Prison and you no fear the armored patrol truck wey dem park there, you no see Aruosa?

If you no fear gun , you no go fear God?

Men dey bam up now.

I no know say the day go ever come when boys go wan reason CBN o. grin

If any group of robbers had tried it, then the robbers should be given an award for being the most stupid set of people on earth that will deliberately embark on a mission impossible just to waste time. I assure any set of robbers that will try it, that CBN security will help them quickly actualize their death wish
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by jolomiurenyi(m): 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2019
Hotfreezer:
It is those bastards who want to do Onwa December with proceeds of robbery

If they have succeeded, them go dey talk say their maga don pay...... and na armed robber work dem dey do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by Yinibixema: 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
holluwizzy:
My advice, always lock your doors and put off all Ur in-house light. I was robbed last week. 3 compound also close to my house.
Robbed in Benin?
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
blizard44:
Some people liver strong pass steel.

CBN wey their security no dey smile.

No be wetin too much 'Money Heist' film and codeine dey cause be this?

From King Square enter Akpakpava , body go don dey give you sign sey place wey you dey na holy ground make you carry your slippers for hand - Make you no go do pass yourself.

If you no fear all that chuku chuku wey dey come out from ground for their gate, you no fear their electric fence wey high like walls for Ubiaja Prison and you no fear the armored patrol truck wey dem park there, you no see Aruosa?

If you no fear gun , you no go fear God?

Men dey bam up now.

I no know say the day go ever come when boys go wan reason CBN o. grin

Arm robbers have succeeded in breaking into CBM Benin and move alot of money from there
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by lagdmark(m): 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
qualityovenbake:
CBN of all places. This armed robbers get excessive self confidence.
The drugs they took lied to them
Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by Hotfreezer: 11:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
jolomiurenyi:

If they have succeeded, them go dey talk say their maga don pay...... and na armed robber work dem dey do.

That exactly is why SARS chases people that claim to be Yahoo boys because some of those who claim to be yahoo boys are armed robbers and kidnappers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Foil Robbery Attempt At CBN In Benin by lalasticlala(m): 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2019

(1) (2)

Police Inspector Dismissed Over N29.8M Theft, Three Other Officers Demoted / Armed Robbery Presently At Unity Road Ilorin Kwara State Please Watch Out / Man Who Forged Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Signature Bags 4 Years In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.