Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Software Enginneering Or Developing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Software Enginneering Or Developing (617 Views)

Nollywood Is Now Developing Websites For Movies! / Design And Developing A Football Betting Web Based Application / Code On Developing A Web Search Engine Please : Php,ajax & Sql Programmers: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Software Enginneering Or Developing by liaslo1(m): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2010
Which of these is the right term to use in addressing a sofware programmer?

What is the different between a Software Engineering, Software Developer and Sofware Programmer
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by utimatedes(m): 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2010
Software engineer is the person who design and develop software Computer software, while software engineering is the profession dedicated to designing, modifying and implementing the computer software for uses.

Software engineer concern about the logical aspect of the software, how it going to function, it features etc.

Programmer is also known as Coder- concern about writing the code for the software

Software developer can be referred to as software engineer which is the designing, modifying and implementing the software.

I hope that will help you
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by liaslo1(m): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2010
Software developer can be referred to as software engineer

why the name software engineering then, since it's same as software developing
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by DualCore1: 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2010
Programmers, designers, lawyers all work with Software Engineers to reach a common goal, a solution.

The Software Engineer takes on the project right from the first stage (requirement gathering) of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to the last stage (maintenance). The programmer comes in in the Coding, testing & debugging and maintenance phases.
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by liaslo1(m): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2010
The programmer comes in in the Coding, testing & debugging and maintenance phases.

so what of software developer?
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by DualCore1: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2010
If you pay attention to names you go just dey on a long thing. A Gateman can call himself a Security Officer.

I cant help you with those names, I can only tell you as I know it. There's the designer, the programmer and the engineer. How or where developer fits in, I do not know. You should look for the article Donpuzo posted here about the difference in these fields.
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by utimatedes(m): 7:29pm On Nov 17, 2010
Software Developer and Software Engineer are the same.

It is like saying MD/CEO or GM
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by liaslo1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 17, 2010
A common analogy is that those who practiced in the field and called themselves "software engineers" were not properly licensed professional engineers
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by yawatide(f): 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2010
same difference
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by liaslo1(m): 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2010
same difference

Auty yawatide plz clearify your self
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by yawatide(f): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2010
Software engineering = software development

It can't get any simpler or easier than that. I don't know why we always have to come up with titles (not referring to OP necessarily)
Re: Software Enginneering Or Developing by liaslo1(m): 10:50am On Nov 18, 2010
Software engineering = software development

which one do you think is the right one to use?

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Php Better Than Php / Please Have Anyone Got the New Dreamweaver Software For Web Designing / Greetings People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.