Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash (28865 Views)

One Dies, Another Injured In Ogun Auto Crash / 13 Die In Kaduna-Kano Road Crash / Ghastly Auto Crash Close To Obalende, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by GistMore1: 4:14am On Nov 14, 2019
No fewer than 13 persons were killed on Wednesday in a multiple accident along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

Ten other persons were injured in the fatal crash, which occurred around Saapade, Remo North Local Government Area of Ogun State.

No fewer than 13 persons were killed on Wednesday in a multiple accident along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Ten other persons were injured in the fatal crash, which occurred around Saapade, Remo North Local Government Area of Ogun State.

The state Public Education Officer, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Florence Okpe, confirmed the incident in a statement made available to New Telegraph. Okpe disclosed that the mishap happened about 5:00pm where a diversion was created by a construction company working on the highway.

The official said the crash involved three vehicles – a yellow Mazda bus marked KTU93XW, white Toyota bus with registration number KEY847XA and a MAN Diesel truck with registration number KAB97XA.
She explained that the Lagos-bound truck, which was speeding, suffered a tyre burst and veered off its lane colliding into two commuter buses heading towards Ibadan. According to her, a total of 37 people, comprising 20 male adults, 15 female adults and two female children were involved in the accident.

“The people injured in the crash were 10, comprising four male adults and six female adults, which unfortunately killed 13 people which comprising four male adults, seven female adults and two female children,” she said.
Okpe stated that the injured victims were rushed to Victory Hospital, Ogere for medical treatment while the corpses of the dead were deposited at a mortuary in Ipara, Ogun State. She quoted the Sector Commander, Clement Oladele, as requesting relations of the crash victims to contact the FRSC command in Ogere.

She added: “The Sector Commander has again reiterated that this incident would have been avoided where motorists driving along diversion areas at construction zones, observe maximum speed limit of 50 kilometres per hour and avoid overtaking till clearly out of diversion areas to avoid head on collision.

“Passengers inside vehicles being driven recklessly should caution their drivers and where they refused to be cautioned, the FRSC should be contacted on the FRSC toll free number 122.”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/11/13-killed-10-injured-as-truck-crushes-two-buses-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway/

2 Likes

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by amstardi: 5:36am On Nov 14, 2019
13 lives? When we talk, fashola will say we are PDP.

22 Likes

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by izzou(m): 7:59am On Nov 14, 2019
amstardi:
13 lives? When we talk, fashola will say we are PDP.

GistMore1:
Thirteen passengers died while 14 others were injured when one of the tyres of a truck burst on motion and crashed into a median on Wednesday evening on the Lagos – Ibadan Expressway by the SAPAADE Bridge near Ogere Ogun State,

The Truck with the number plate KAB97XA was said to be travelling from Lagos axis of the Expressway.
The Sector Commander FRSC Ogun State Command, Clement Oladele said

The fatal crash involved a total of 37 people comprising 20 Male Adults , 15 Female Adults and , 2 Female Children
The people injured in the crash were 10 comprising 4 Male Adults and 6 Femake Adults, which unfortunately killed 13 people which comprises 4 Male Adults, 7 Female Adults and , 2 Female Children.
The unfortunate incident involved three vehicles comprising a speeding truck heading towards the Lagos axis of the Expressway but suddenly suffered a tyre burst and in the process collided head on with two other speeding commutter buses heading towards the Ibadan axis of the Expressway, with one of them in the process attempting to wrongfully overtake within the diversion area.

I guess Fashola was supposed to buy brand new tyres for all trucks in the country too

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by KingAzubuike(f): 9:07am On Nov 14, 2019
The terrible and bad roads in the south-west is the major cause of all these nonsense... Here in the east where we have good roads and the little bad ones are under serious rehabilitation, you hardly hear of accidents all the time. It's usually once in a blue moon .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by princemillla(m): 9:08am On Nov 14, 2019
May God help us....

That's why it's good to live your life good enuf as if one will die in next mins

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by SalamRushdie: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2019
I doff my hat for people that still travel by road in Buharis Nigeria where the roads are now certified death traps filled with holes , drugged drivers , kidnappers , extortive uniformed men .. for now I don't go anywhere without an airport , I have too much to fulfil here on Earth to become a pawn of Buharis ghastly ineptitude

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by SalamRushdie: 9:12am On Nov 14, 2019
princemillla:
May God help us....

That's why it's good to live your life good enuf as if one will die in next mins

Instead of you to advocate for good governance see what you are saying

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by princemillla(m): 11:52am On Nov 14, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Do you have listening leaders?
How many years or Avenue must we explore to Canvass for good governance?
My brother the best we can do for ourselves is to advice one another not expecting anything from govt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by SalamRushdie: 11:54am On Nov 14, 2019
princemillla:

My brother the best we can do for ourselves is to advice one another not expecting anything from govt.

Hmmmm you have a point
Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by 2019elections: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
SalamRushdie:
I doff my hat for people that still travel by road in Buharis Nigeria where the roads are now certified death traps filled with holes , drugged drivers , kidnappers , extortive uniformed men .. for now I don't go anywhere without an airport , I have too much to fulfil here on Earth to become a pawn of Buharis ghastly ineptitude

So, we should fly planes from Ogun state to Lagos state or trek? Right?

10 Likes

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by julybaba(m): 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
Speed limit should be enforced on our roads. This will minimize accidents greatly. Life is not a race.

----------------------------------------------------
App developers check this out.
-----------------------------------------------------

2 Likes

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by Jestin: 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Fashola said our roads are not too bad but people are dying due to bad roads everyday. Nigeria government don’t have value for the life of an average Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Let's not deceive ourselves. Who's gonna provide good governance? Even you, I'm very sure you will do worse when you get there. It's really a difficult situation.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by Four4Clien(m): 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
argh this is really sad. xmas is just around the corner. may they R.I.P
Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by LastSurvivor11: 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Nawaoo!!

God please save your children from untimely death.. Amen..

Rip to the dead..
Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by Baroba(m): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
Let the idiots who boast of hitting 180km/hr on a different thread, pray this is not you or your family members.. I bet you if that driver was doing less than 70 even with burst tire, he will have a better chance of controlling that vehicle..Speed fuccking kills!!...May there souls RIP..

8 Likes

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
KingAzubuike:
The terrible and bad roads in the south-west is the major cause of all these nonsense... Here in the east where we have good roads and the little bad ones are under serious rehabilitation, you hardly hear of accidents all the time. It's usually once in a blue moon .
u see ur level of reasoning, read and understand the article before you come and be forming keyboard warrior

3 Likes

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by Crixxx: 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
See them dying like chickens
Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by Suspect33(m): 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
13 gone like that, how many of them will go to heaven? chai we had better start putting our houses in order (repentance), God's grace won't last forever sad sad sad

4 Likes

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by therajah: 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
KingAzubuike:
The federal govt maintains our roads in the east..
Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by Crixxx: 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Exactly.. Very bad roads
Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by Wunmiiitech: 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
embarassed

For the latest Nigerian news, gist, African fashion trends, tech, football and entertainment. This app contains the biggest blogs in Nigeria. Click on this link to download the app on Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lambenews.update
this app is created by a Nairalander

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by bonnyhope: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
KingAzubuike:

shut ur mouth up

onitsha-awka-enugu road down to Nnsukka is very very bad

1 Like

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by sofiscatedmoron: 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
ogun
Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by Gudguyz(m): 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
Make God dey save us....

For your power Solution:
Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.For details pls check my signature.Thanks
Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by livinbygrace: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
The Oveehyped Fashola is the worst minister of works so far.Just making mouth and no good roads .

5 Likes

Re: 13 Die, 14 Injured In Ogun Auto Crash by showafrica(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
princemillla:

Just form a govt in ur house or community, thats if you dont hav idiots. A small govt can do a lot better

(1) (2) (Reply)

Canadian Visa! True Or Scam / My Two Sons Traveled To Europe By Desert - Nigerian Benin Woman / Tipper Driver Crushes Motorcyclist To Death In Anambra (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.