Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. (69069 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Bigbright7(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
Greetings to you my fellow nairalanders,

My heart is filled with tears as I type this because today, the devil used Mr Joel in the recruit department of workforce group to be the stumbling blocks to my breakthrough.

I went for an interview with workforce group gbagada, and during my credentials check, Mr Joel accused me of tampering with my D.O.B on my Waec certificate just because it was laminated and the ink looks faint. Mind you the D.O.B on my O'Level corresponded with my ID card and my birth certificate.

I tried to prove my innocence, but rather he chased me away from his desk, and that was how I lost the job as I wasn't interviewed. I almost cried right in front of everyone there, because I have been searching for a job for months now and this happened.

I don't know who needs to hear this but please, do not laminate your credentials, so that you can be able to defend the authenticity of it when your recruiters touch them.

A young man in the name of Ayo who also works in that department saw how downcast I was and walk up to me and encouraged me not to be troubled, that something big will come my way. Thank you Ayo for your word of encouragement. God bless you, I believe something big will come, and when it does I'll share the news.

Thank you too Mr Joel, you were only doing your job. Cheers �

Please move to front page.

243 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by merci01(m): 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
Don’t blame your self for laminating your
Certificate, cos people still get employed with
Laminated certs, may be God has another plan
For you truly

607 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Favourite01: 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
So sorry. those workforce staff are so rude.i know them well.sometin good is coming ur way.

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Larryfest(m): 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
Mr Joel the stumbling block.......guy cheer up when there is life there's hope.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by fk001(m): 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
Pls I need answers.

I have never use my waec certificate because I have 2 deficiencies on it, so I have been using my NECO from different seating all this while.

NB

The Neco that I am using, I reseated it the following year after my secondary school graduation in an entirely different school. I didn't even bother to collect my WAEC original certificate from the school I graduated from.

Should I be worried?

Would they require my WAEC certificate even with the deficiency in the future?

I need answers pls

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by gdayo: 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
U dnt nid to worry bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by jayned: 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2019
Oh dear. It's a pity Mr Joel was just being robotic. Something better may not by but if you are a Christian, find comfort and joy knowing that God is aware of your predicament, it's part of his plan...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by LongThickPenis(m): 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2019
Bigbright7:

My heart is filled with tears as I type this because today, the devil used Mr Joel in the recruit department of workforce group to be the stumbling blocks to my breakthrough.

I went for an interview with workforce group gbagada, and during my credentials check, Mr Joel accused me of tampering with my D.O.B on my Waec certificate just because it was laminated and the ink looks faint. Mind you the D.O.B on my O'Level corresponded with my ID card and my birth certificate.

I tried to prove my innocence, but rather he chased me away from his desk, and that was how I lost the job as I wasn't interviewed. I almost cried right in front of everyone there, because I have been searching for a job for months now and this happened.

I don't know who needs to hear this but please, do not laminate your credentials, so that you can be able to defend the authenticity of it when your recruiters touch them.

A young man in the name of Ayo who also works in that department saw how downcast I was and walk up to me and encouraged me not to be troubled, that something big will come my way. Thank you Ayo for your word of encouragement. God bless you, I believe something big will come, and when it does I'll share the news.

There is nothing wrong with laminating certificate. The issue is it must be done well. a functional machine that heats well and ensure all edges are sealed and air tight. My certificate has been laminated since 1997 and in good, clear condition. Also keep it in a dry place

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by smartleo(m): 6:02pm On Nov 15, 2019
Bigbright7:

Please can you drop your CV on LA Fayette mfb ltd site ?

43 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Nicklaus619(m): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
You don't have any cause to regret bro, laminating your result don't have anything to do with them not interviewing you, I had an experience similar,
17th may, 2012 is one date I will note forget in a hurry, I was scheduled for an interview with one of these new generation banks, after passing the vigorous oral interview, I got an email congratulating and the job offer, I was over joyed, I brought out my only suit, ironed it and nod my tie to report to my first day at work, I got to the bank and they told me that the manager was already asking after me, I rushed to his office and the man told me this "Mr. Nick I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your position is currently occupied by one of the main ogas kid"" I was devastated i never knew when hot tears started rolling down my cheeks, and then a woman in her 50's approached me, consoled me after I have told her the story, she collected my cv and promised to call, long story shot, the woman was a SA to one state governor state withheld and I was offered a federal government appointment... This is gonna be your story too If u got faith cool

592 Likes 30 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by 7pages(m): 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2019
smartleo:

can I drop mine too my able brother ?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Daviddson(m): 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
fk001:
Pls I need answers.

I have never use my waec certificate because I have 2 deficiencies on it, so I have been using my NECO from different seating all this while.

NB

The Neco that I am using, I reseated it the following year after my secondary school graduation in an entirely different school. I didn't even bother to collect my WAEC original certificate from the school I graduated from.

Should I be worried?

Would they require my WAEC certificate even with the deficiency in the future?

I need answers pls
There's no difference between a NECO result and a WAEC result.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by fk001(m): 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
Daviddson:

So I don't have to worry.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by seanwilliam(m): 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
Daviddson:
baba what of if one wants to study abroad, is neco result internationally recognized?

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by chiboyo(m): 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2019
I believe the workforce guy was just looking for how to pass aggression..

Please be rest assured that you would soon get a good job!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by IvarTheBoneless: 7:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
LongThickPenis:

There is nothing wrong with laminating certificate. The issue is it must be done well. a functional machine that heats well and ensure all edges are sealed and air tight. My certificate has been laminated since 1997 and in good, clear condition. Also keep it in a dry place

What do you need a certificate for with this your moniker ?

You should be working for BangBros nah grin

86 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Bigbright7(m): 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
merci01:
Don’t blame your self for laminating your
Certificate, cos people still get employed with
Laminated certs, may be God has another plan
For you truly

I strongly believe that. Thanks bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Bigbright7(m): 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
Favourite01:
So sorry. those workforce staff are so rude.i know them well.sometin good is coming ur way.

Thanks. I really appreciate
I believe so too.
Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Bigbright7(m): 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
Larryfest:
Mr Joel the stumbling block.......guy cheer up when there is life there's hope.

Thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Bigbright7(m): 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
gdayo:
U dnt nid to worry bro
m

Well it wasn't really funny with me this afternoon cause of the way the situation was. But it's well.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Bigbright7(m): 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
jayned:
Oh dear. It's a pity Mr Joel was just being robotic. Something better may not by but if you are a Christian, find comfort and joy knowing that God is aware of your predicament, it's part of his plan...

Thanks. I appreciate your encouragement. God bless.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Bigbright7(m): 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
smartleo:

I tried doing that. it's wasn't loading properly, but I'll continue to try.
Though I'm in Lagos and I researched, that the coy is located in Ibadan. Well Im open to relocation.
God bless you sir.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by izmercy(m): 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
Bro just tap into what Ayo said. This issue of this lamination nearly cause me to fight my sis. Thinking no coy will employ me with a laminated certificate but today, am gainfully employed.

So cheer bro

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Bigbright7(m): 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
Nicklaus619:
You don't have any cause to regret bro, laminating your result don't have anything to do with them not interviewing you, I had an experience similar,
17th may, 2012 is one date I will note forget in a hurry, I was scheduled for an interview with one of these new generation banks, after passing the vigorous oral interview, I got an email congratulating and the job offer, I was over joyed, I brought out my only suit, ironed it and nod my tie to report to my first day at work, I got to the bank and they told me that the manager was already asking after me, I rushed to his office and the man told me this "Mr. Nick I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your position is currently occupied by one of the main ogas kid"" I was devastated i never knew when hot tears started rolling down my cheeks, and then a woman in her 50's approached me, consoled me after I have told her the story, she collected my cv and promised to call, long story shot, the woman was a SA to one state governor state withheld and I was offered a federal government appointment... This is gonna be your story too If u got faith cool

Thanks for your word of encouragement. I say a big Amen to your last line bacause I have faith about that.
With your story, I'm really relieved. God bless you sir

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Bigbright7(m): 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
chiboyo:
I believe the workforce guy was just looking for how to pass aggression..

Please be rest assured that you would soon get a good job!

But why did he chose to do it on me? Well it's ok.
Thanks for your word.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Bigbright7(m): 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
izmercy:
Bro just tap into what Ayo said. This issue of this lamination nearly cause me to fight my sis. Thinking no coy will employ me a laminated certificate but today, am gainfully employed.

So cheer bro

Thanks. I really appreciate your word of encouragement. I believe so too.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Hisduchess(f): 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

What do you need a certificate for with this your moniker ?

You should be working for BangBros nah grin

My thoughts though.am even more surprised that someone that old bears such moniker grin

8 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by IvarTheBoneless: 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hisduchess:

My thoughts though.am even more surprised that someone that old bears such moniker grin

Well...at his age, something more respectable?

But maybe the baton is so long and thick that it's his most important attribute to show off.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by Tilda143(f): 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
My dear, just be positive minded and believe something better would come.. Don't give up, never get discouraged and stay prayerful..Things will definitely fall into place in his time. .... It is well... Come let me give you a hug �

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by emmancipated(m): 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
Cheer up Op. that Joel guy can be harsh sometimes, I know cuz I've had an encounter with him in the past but let this disappointment spur you to do greater things..

6 Likes

Re: I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. by smartleo(m): 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
Bigbright7:

I tried doing that. it's wasn't loading properly, but I'll continue to try.
Though I'm in Lagos and I researched, that the coy is located in Ibadan. Well Im open to relocation.
God bless you sir.

Currently has two branches in Lagos ,Island and olorunsogo mushin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Total International Master’s Degree Scholarship 2019/2020 - FRANCE / A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / NB Nigeria Breweries Finally Calls Through Workforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.