Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,632 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! (968 Views)

Please Help!!! My Desk Top Computer Stop Working / Whatsapp Will Stop Working On Certain Smartphones From Today / HELP!!! My Hp Mini Laptop Keyboard Stop Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by luvyaself95(m): 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
Am also a computer enginner but this problem is beyond me I've tried all things i know but no success. Any Help on this cos my laptop is slowing with 2gb am using at the moment.
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by udemzyudex(m): 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
luvyaself95:
Am also a computer enginner but this problem is beyond me
I've tried all things i know but no success.
Any Help on this cos my laptop is slowing with 2gb am using at the moment.

Have you tried another ram with different bus speed?
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by luvyaself95(m): 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
udemzyudex:

Have you tried another ram with different bus speed?
Nope but the two ram work on the same slot.
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by udemzyudex(m): 2:41am On Nov 16, 2019
luvyaself95:

Nope but the two ram work on the same slot.

You another RAM with a different bus speed.
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by luvyaself95(m): 8:35am On Nov 16, 2019
udemzyudex:

You another RAM with a different bus speed.
that not really necessary since the two rams are working perfect on the second slot and besides that before the faulty slot stop working it display some cracking on the screen and went off.
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by udemzyudex(m): 8:54am On Nov 16, 2019
luvyaself95:

that not really necessary since the two rams are working perfect on the second slot and besides that before the faulty slot stop working it display some cracking on the screen and went off.

It is base on experience. I have experience something like this , only one slot was working even after using the working RAM on the other one.

I had to use another RAM with different bus speed.
You need to troubleshoot first before concluding it's a RAM slot issue.

Then you check if there is any corrosion on the slot you can clean with fuel,if problem persit it's time to check voltages on the pins.

You can get the motherboard schematic diagram or get the RAM slots datasheet.
DDR 1 to DDR4 have different pins and voltages.
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by luvyaself95(m): 9:08am On Nov 16, 2019
udemzyudex:

It is base on experience. I have experience something like this , only one slot was working even after using the working RAM on the other one.

I had to use another RAM with different bus speed.
You need to troubleshoot first before concluding it's a RAM slot issue.

Then you check if there is any corrosion on the slot you can clean with fuel,if problem persit it's time to check voltages on the pins.

You can get the motherboard schematic diagram or get the RAM slots datasheet.
DDR 1 to DDR4 have different pins and voltages.

it would be really weird if another ram on the slot, talking about the corrosion and voltage.
I've clean the slot but not with fuel cos currently am not going to work and about the voltage I've check it and it okay.
maybe another ram would work it.
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by udemzyudex(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2019
luvyaself95:

it would be really weird if another ram on the slot, talking about the corrosion and voltage.
I've clean the slot but not with fuel cos currently am not going to work and about the voltage I've check it and it okay.
maybe another ram would work it.

Well that's laptop for you, sometimes you will think this can't be the fault,but if you check properly you will find out that it is the one that has been causing the whole issue.

I didn't believe a low fluctuating voltage on gate of first N channel MOSFET in VIN section can make a laptop to on and off. Even corrupt BIOS can cause the blue screen of death.

Things you wouldn't believe can cause the issue.
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by luvyaself95(m): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2019
udemzyudex:

Well that's laptop for you, sometimes you will think this can't be the fault,but if you check properly you will find out that it is the one that has been causing the whole issue.

I didn't believe a low fluctuating voltage on gate of first N channel MOSFET in VIN section can make a laptop to on and off. Even corrupt BIOS can cause the blue screen of death.

Things you wouldn't believe can cause the issue.

Every Words you say are truth, especially MOSFET is a very important chip on system board.
what is the voltage of DDR3 Slot.
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by udemzyudex(m): 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
luvyaself95:

Every Words you say are truth, especially MOSFET is a very important chip on system board.
what is the voltage of DDR3 Slot.

I got ban for posting it here you can msg me on WhatsApp.

I'll send you all RAM slots voltage
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by luvyaself95(m): 10:43pm On Nov 19, 2019
udemzyudex:

I got ban for posting it here you can msg me on WhatsApp.
I'll send you all RAM slots voltage
WTF Anyway Your digit.
Re: Ram Slot Stop Working Help!!! by udemzyudex(m): 12:28am On Nov 20, 2019
luvyaself95:

WTF Anyway
Your digit.

(1) (Reply)

*SOLD*Open Box Hp Envy 13 X360 Laptop, 512 M.2 Ssd + 16gb Ram 4k Touchscreen. / UK Used Macbook Air 2014 / Neatly Used Hp 15 Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.