Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

“my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady (3502 Views)

Glass Cups, plates and tea mugs for sale / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by MsDoris(f): 7:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
Relationship blogger, Joro Olomofin has once again shared another shocking message mail from one of his female followers who sees it as a necessity for her mother-in-law to do the dishes and clean whenever she comes visiting.

The unidentified lady stated that her mother-in-law cannot come on a visit to her house and stay for days without washing plates and doing other house chores.

She further stressed that, the mother of her husband should and must give atleast a week notice before making an attempt to come over to house.

See more:
https://www.mimidoris.com/2019/11/my-mother-in-law-must-wash-plates-and.html

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by blackboy(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
Her house , her choice her life . Na wetin her husband allow too.

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by viyon02: 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
you think you are having a nice time, don't worry the curse of your action will soon come over you.

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by crackhaus: 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
Na dem...

Woke modern women

4 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by abelswife(f): 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
Believe all these instagram commentors at your own peril.
Ask your mother in-law to wash plate asper house help abi? Some people can yarn dust sha.

6 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Officialgarri: 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
This is what happens when the lady earns more or the man is giving the lady too much upkeep money and gifts.

Assuming she isn't enjoying excesses and isn't intoxicated by lots of money, then she will understand that marriage is also another race and struggle, instead of bossing around
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by 007sledge: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
Endtime wifes
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by hisgrace090: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
When the man of the house is less than a woman what do you expect?
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Khalidase83(m): 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
21st century wifes.
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Munzy14(m): 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
She is yet to meet patience ozokwo type of mother in-law.

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
abelswife:
Believe all these instagram commentors at your own peril.
Ask your mother in-law to wash plate asper house help abi? Some people can yarn dust sha.

Who suppose wash the plate before ni? Either her pikin wash am or she wash am by herself .nobody is her Slave

4 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by 24kmagic: 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
I won't say anything now, until it happens (even though I don't pray for such)
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Pavore9: 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
What she cannot expect from her own mother!

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by MsDoris(f): 1:35am On Nov 16, 2019
Crazy
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by MsDoris(f): 1:35am On Nov 16, 2019
Pavore9:
What she cannot expect from her own mother!

True
24kmagic:
I won't say anything now, until it happens (even though I don't pray for such)

Lol
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by cococandy(f): 2:50am On Nov 16, 2019
Mtchew

Childish post and childish responses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by ATTemi: 4:57am On Nov 16, 2019
Let’s assume you’re high.

Bt ur opinion shock me, a far contrast to the Elder you use as moniker. Sounded more like a kid.
Elder0001:

Who suppose wash the plate before ni? Either her pikin wash am or she wash am by herself .nobody is her Slave
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by RoyalBlu(f): 5:08am On Nov 16, 2019
Don't want to believe this is true tho.

If it's, then it's an evidence of zero home training, or she's just plain foolish.
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2019
ATTemi:
Let’s assume you’re high.

Bt ur opinion shock me, a far contrast to the Elder you use as moniker. Sounded more like a kid.

You’re the kid here if you think your partner owes your parents some sort of servitude if they come for a visit. If your partner chooses to do stuffs for them it’s his/her choice not a mandatory something. Nobody is a slave , your mother has hands .

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by genq(m): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2019
Elder0001:

You’re the kid here if you think your partner owes your parents some sort of servitude if they come for a visit. If your partner chooses to do stuffs for them it’s his/her choice not a mandatory something. Nobody is a slave , your mother has hands .

May your MOTHER wash plates for her daughter in law. Even wash her slimey pant sef

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2019

12 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 16, 2019
Breaststroke:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph shocked !!!

It's not servitude nor mandatory as you put it, but it is simply basic courtesy, honour and respect towards an older generation of men/women, who fed, clothed and took care of us while we were yet children, unable to do these things for ourselves.

I will gladly do these things for my parents and parents in law, aiming to ensure they have an amazing hospitality experience as if they were at a 5 star hotel.......because of their sacrifices and care as good parents.

Imagine telling a 60 year old woman to sweep or wash a dish? Hasn't she paid her dues through the sleepless nights with an infant, restlessness when a child is sick in the hospital, years of cooking, feeding and cleaning up after that child who is now a spouse?

Ogbeni shut up! Your life, your choice . No where in my post did I force anybody not to wash plates for their in-laws. I only said it’s a choice .

Wash your mother’s plate by yourself if you don’t want her to wash plate.

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by bukatyne(f): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2019
MsDoris:
Relationship blogger, Joro Olomofin has once again shared another shocking message mail from one of his female followers who sees it as a necessity for her mother-in-law to do the dishes and clean whenever she comes visiting.

The unidentified lady stated that her mother-in-law cannot come on a visit to her house and stay for days without washing plates and doing other house chores.

She further stressed that, the mother of her husband should and must give atleast a week notice before making an attempt to come over to house.

See more:
https://www.mimidoris.com/2019/11/my-mother-in-law-must-wash-plates-and.html

1 week notice for relatives so that you can adjust your life to accommodate them.

Ok.

Your MIL MUST do chores

Does this also apply to your mom and relatives?

For me, insisting your elderly ones do chores because they are in your house reeks of improper home training or not receiving the training given.

Reasonable elderly ones would help when they see you need it.

For instance, you both work with no help, the elderly one at home (if not sick) can cook up something for the couple to eat when they return.

They could also babysit the kids (most of them come to see their grandkids anyways and love to take care of them.)

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 16, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
Breaststroke:

Useless pikin na you suppose shut up o! Bye Idioot

Fool! Surely a male hiding under female moniker .

May your daughters be slaves to other people’s wishes in Jesus name

Courtesy and respect is a choice, not mandatory .

If the 60year old woman was alone in her own house she will wash her plates and cook for herself nothing should hinder her from doing same when she visits her child house. The only person obligated to do stuffs for her is her child not her child’s spouse.

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by cococandy(f): 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
It’s obvious the poster is just looking for reactions.

Hence I said. Childish.

Breaststroke:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph shocked !!!

It's not servitude nor mandatory as you put it, but it is simply basic courtesy, honour and respect towards an older generation of men/women, who fed, clothed and took care of us while we were yet children, unable to do these things for ourselves.

I will gladly do these things for my parents and parents in law, aiming to ensure they have an amazing hospitality experience as if they were at a 5 star hotel.......because of their sacrifices and care as good parents.

Imagine telling a 60 year old woman to sweep or wash a dish? Hasn't she paid her dues through the sleepless nights with an infant, restlessness when a child is sick in the hospital, years of cooking, feeding and cleaning up after that child who is now a spouse?

bukatyne:

1 week notice for relatives so that you can adjust your life to accommodate them.

Ok.

Your MIL MUST do chores

Does this also apply to your mom and relatives?

For me, insisting your elderly ones do chores because they are in your house reeks of improper home training or not receiving the training given.

Reasonable elderly ones would help when they see you need it.

For instance, you both work with no help, the elderly one at home (if not sick) can cook up something for the couple to eat when they return.

They could also babysit the kids (most of them come to see their grandkids anyways and love to take care of them.)

2 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Cousin9999: 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
There are few things I find more repulsive, offensive, and infuriating than laziness and entitlement. I have no respect for people like that. They're some of the worst trash IMHO.

*I'm referring to the mentality the blogger is promoting.
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
Courtesy and respect is a choice, not mandatory .

If the 60year old woman was alone in her own house she will wash her plates and cook for herself nothing should hinder her from doing same when she visits her child house. The only person obligated to do stuffs for her is her child not her child’s spouse

3 Likes

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Cousin9999: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2019
The blogger is an idiot and they're trolling because they're too worthless to make a meaningful contribution to society and actually EARN money. Lowlife.
Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
Cousin9999:
The blogger is an idiot and they're trolling because they're too worthless to make a meaningful contribution to society and actually EARN money. Lowlife.

Who told you married women don’t earn money?

1 Like

Re: “my Mother-in-law Must Wash Plates And Clean If She Visits For Few Days" - Lady by Florblu(f): 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2019
Coming from someone who might be a slave in her own marriage.

In her bid to sound woke, she displayed her foolishness.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. / Hsj / Oya oooh....Come Order and buy Super Clean American Used Gadgets here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.