Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) (6502 Views)

The UNN Lecturer Who Was Dismissed Might Not Be Guilty. Here Is Why / Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It / UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by justflow1(m): 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2019
The University of Nigeria (UNN), Nsukka, Enugu state, will host a conference on
witchcraft between November 26 and November 27.
The conference, which has the theme “Witchcraft: Meaning, factors and
practices”, is convened by the Professor B.I.C Ijomah Centre for Policy and
Research in UNN.
A notice of the event seen by The Cable listed David Ker, a former vice-chancellor
of Benue State University, as the keynote speaker.
It also said Charles Igwe, UNN vice-chancellor, is the chief host, while Egodi
Uchendu, director, B.I.C Ijomah centre for policy and research, is the host.
The Merriam Webster Dictionary described witchcraft as the use of sorcery or
magic.
Following the announcement to host a conference on witchcraft at the
prestigious University Of Nigeria, Nsukka between November 26 and November 27,
Adaeze Ekwueme, a Nigerian intercessor, is calling on God’s supernatural
intervention as the dates approaches.
Sharing the handbill on Facebook, the intercessor, proclaimed that such gathering
will not be allowed to hold in Enugu state and that they will die before the
gathering. Adaeze wrote:
“I stand to speak against this Witchcraft gathering.It shall not stand or hold in
Enugu state its environs IN the mighty name of JESUS CHRIST (intercede for Enugu
state)…We need the papa Idahosa’s kind of anointing for this generation O…
They try to gather, they die before the gathering!!!”.
the Christian body on campus had therefore registered their discontent has Posters had since been seen on campus and its environs, all at the quest of bringing the conference to its feet.
Information from one of the organizers of the conference claimed that the conference had been cancelled, but the University had since not released a statement in that light.

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by voltron14: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nothing wrong with it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by General0847: 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2019
Religious people and their problems.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by cosby02(m): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
Gatherings aside Christian gathering is always intimidating Christians... And they preach tolerance on daily basis.

28 Likes

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by mu2sa2: 12:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
Christians are meek, tolerant - my foot! How would an intellectual gathering affect you fanatical worshippers of pastorprenuers. Tolerance indeed - the fanatics are even invoking their little god to kill innocent people for them!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by justflow1(m): 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
cosby02:
Gatherings aside Christian gathering is always intimidating Christians... And they preach tolerance on daily basis.
but then, is witchcraft a religion? can you highlights their motives.

2 Likes

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by cosby02(m): 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
justflow1:
but then, is witchcraft a religion? can you highlights their motives.
I didnt go into philosophical definition of what a religion is cos am not interested. My interest does not go beyond people trying to gather and discuss which does not go against any law in Nigeria.
However, am not part of them so am not in position to highlight their motives for you, if you're so interested, safe the date and be there.
If i may ask... What's your problem with their motives, and which of your fundamental human rights will their gatherings infringe?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by Iamvetlander(m): 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
I believe this can transform our economy, only when it is been practice the right way.

1 Like

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by maynation(f): 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2019
I am going to attend this conference.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by justflow1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
Iamvetlander:
I believe this can transform our economy, only when it is been practice the right way.

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by justflow1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 16, 2019
Iamvetlander:

i commend your nous

2 Likes

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by christejames(m): 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2019
The zealots and religious fanatics are already rearing their heads to do what they are good at doing; criticism without proper comprehension.

This is a citadel of learning for Christ sake, and the people hosting it are from a research Centre. It's all about knowledge about sorcery and how they affect humanity and not necessarily a conference to conjure and invoke warlocks and witches to the noble institution.

Please, ignorance fanatics should steer clear of this conference. How I wish I'm in NSK to grace to occasion.

#followNPFL

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by justflow1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
cosby02:

I didnt go into philosophical definition of what a religion is cos am not interested. My interest does not go beyond people trying to gather and discuss which does not go against any law in Nigeria.
However, am not part of them so am not in position to highlight their motives for you, if you're so interested, safe the date and be there.
If i may ask... What's your problem with their motives, and which of your fundamental human rights will their gatherings infringe?
insofar you are nescience of their motives, Telling you the rights they infringed on, is like flogging a dead horse.
below is a link, just so you wish to learn. peace
https://yalebooksblog.co.uk/2017/07/31/five-characteristics-of-a-witch-an-extract-by-ronald-hutton/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by solmusdesigns: 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
Why do people like decieving themselves that there isnt Witchraft and magic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by AkwalaIke1: 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Why do people like decieving themselves that there isnt Witchraft and magic
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by ekelink: 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
This is the real deal it pays you every weekend registered with CAC register through the link below if you've any question whatsapp me with 07035029249
✅ � *Reading news* */*commenting on news 10×500=5000 �✅*

✅� *logging in daily 50×7=350 naira ��‍♀��‍♀*

✅� *Sharing pic from the site to Facebook and getting paid ✅100�*

✅� *Posting to the site 50×10=500*

� *REFERRAL 1,000×10=10,000 (OPTIONAL)*�

✅� *TOTAL Per day 12,450*

�� *TOTAL In a week 12,450×7=87,150* ���

� *TOTAL monthly income 87,154×4=348,600 ���✅*

*Who pays u that��‍♀��‍♀*

*And also other features* ����

*Recharging ur phone via the VTU area ����‍�*

*paying ur Dstv ��, Gotv, Star times �� subscription*

*Transfering of ur earnings to ur friends and families ✅*��‍���‍♀

*Creating ur own articles online the platform and get paid ✅��*

*Withdrawing ur earnings to bank account in full ���*

*CandyNews No.1 news platform ���*✈��‍♀✅

*Visit site �� https://candynews.ng/pages/join-us/?ref=klinzy����‍♀for more details*
Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by Hisduchess(f): 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
Am an ardent Christian but I see nothing wrong with the conference.knowledge is power.and I like weird knowledge.wish I can even attend so as to know how to deal with mrcork my greatest NL wahala (true story)

1 Like

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by MrCork: 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2019
Hisduchess:
Am an ardent Christian but I see nothing wrong with the conference.knowledge is power.and I like weird knowledge.wish I can even attend so as to know how to deal with mrcork my greatest NL wahala (true story)

...wow..ok.so u a witch..correct?..we suspected..

...so u r one of those calabar girls that fly at night with broom stick?..abi?
angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by huptin(m): 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
If people gather to examine the impact of terrorism on Africa, does it mean they are terrorists?

2 Likes

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by franklingud(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
Africans can abuse power when given to them.

Use this power right and watch our country grow but no...
Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2019
Professors in the university cannot gather to deliberate and find lasting solutions to the problems in this country

No wonder an illiterate is running it aground!!!

1 Like

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by ATTemi: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
Is that not akanu ibiam stadium?

E funny me aswear....where is tolerance?
Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by Jasseyfrd(m): 6:15pm On Nov 16, 2019
maynation:
I am going to attend this conference.

U need TBJ grin cheesy
Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
Witchcraft is a fascinating topic... Though the practice comes with deadly consequences.
Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by Heloct(f): 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2019
This conference will be very interesting.

Wish I could be there grin
Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
cosby02:

The last question thus becomes, why infringe on their own fundamental human right?
Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Professors in the university cannot gather to deliberate and find lasting solutions to the problems in this country

No wonder an illiterate is running it aground!!!

Don't be nonchalant, professors didn't force your illiteracy ravaged populace to select an illiterate as a president. If only many had school cert., we wouldn't be where we are today.

1 Like

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by macfish101(m): 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
Why all the commotion? It's just an academic conference. Not like a gathering of native doctors na.
Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by cosby02(m): 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
I tire for Christians in Nigeria ooo.
BananaTree:

The last question thus becomes, why infringe on their own fundamental human right?

Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by Oluwatosean(m): 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by am0sn0nyu: 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
My kind of news
Re: The UNN Witchcraft Conference Faces Huge Criticism! (PHOTO) by Elijahrona(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nawa for fanatic Christians o. What's wrong with examining the topic and knowing more?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of 'Deja Vu'? / Nigerians Entering University At 14 Years? What Is Going On? / Neco Ssce 2018/2019 Registration Form,price & How To Register To Avoid Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.