Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,244 members, 7,846,146 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Hear What Buhari's Minister Of Water Resources Say About Border Closure (foto) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hear What Buhari's Minister Of Water Resources Say About Border Closure (foto) (518 Views)

Border Closure: Ofada Rice Farmers Make Profit Amid Challenges / Asian Economies Feel Buhari's Border Closure / Border Closure To Save Nigeria $400m – Rice Growers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hear What Buhari's Minister Of Water Resources Say About Border Closure (foto) by Tonway(m): 5:50am On Nov 17, 2019
President Mohammadu Buhari’s (PMB)’s Minister of Water Resources has thrown his support behind his boss’ strong political will in banning the importation of rice and other staple food items into Nigeria, and of course the closure of the country’s borders. Describing the action as a very strong statement directed at Agricultural Renaissance in Nigeria.

Adamu, who was delivering his goodwill message at the International Conference 2019, with the theme, Authentic Agriculture for a Sustainable Food Security in The Global Food System, held at the University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom state recently, informed participants thus. " as we are gathering here to discussed Authentic Agriculture for a Sustainable Food Security in the Global Food System is a clear indication of the commitment of all spirited public and individuals to end hunger and extreme poverty, which is a global scourge against the human race"....for complete reading, follow link...http://www.friendsofnaija.com.ng/2019/11/from-akwa-ibom-state-minister-of-water.html

Re: Hear What Buhari's Minister Of Water Resources Say About Border Closure (foto) by sayso: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Hear What Buhari's Minister Of Water Resources Say About Border Closure (foto) by WHAT999(m): 2:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
I am also in total support of the partial border closer by the Federal Government of Nigeria. However, my concern is always at what we can do to make Nigeria the food hub of Africa. From my little experience in the agricultural value chain, there is a lot of wastage in Nigeria agricultural sub-sector, especially at the rural communities. I am referring to the farm communities; where farm produces have yield more than expectation but suffered at moving the produces to where maximum consumption needs are required. My submission in this, is that government intervention in agriculture should go beyond farming; as the entire agricultural wheel can sustain the economy, increase employment and increase foreign exchange.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hear What Buhari's Minister Of Water Resources Say About Border Closure (foto) by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
YES, WE ARE 100% TOTALLY IN SUPPORT OF IT, LET THE BORDER REMAIN SHUT DOWN FOR EVER.

1 Like

Re: Hear What Buhari's Minister Of Water Resources Say About Border Closure (foto) by Tonway(m): 3:01am On Apr 11, 2020
portfolio managers and importers would disagree with you.
WHAT999:
I am also in total support of the partial border closer by the Federal Government of Nigeria. However, my concern is always at what we can do to make Nigeria the food hub of Africa. From my little experience in the agricultural value chain, there is a lot of wastage in Nigeria agricultural sub-sector, especially at the rural communities. I am referring to the farm communities; where farm produces have yield more than expectation but suffered at moving the produces to where maximum consumption needs are required. My submission in this, is that government intervention in agriculture should go beyond farming; as the entire agricultural wheel can sustain the economy, increase employment and increase foreign exchange.

(1) (Reply)

2020 Cashew Nut For Sale. / Buy Your Farm Seeding & Farm Products Now / Hyhbid Ogbono Seedlings Are Forsale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.