Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? (1339 Views)

The Start And Finish Of My Chatmore App Project - Learnedsconcept / Reasons You Should Hire A Developer For Your Next Mobile App Project / My First Web App Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by matthew80(m): 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hello senior developers in the house.

I need your help on this.

I've been working on an app for more than 2 years now. The reason why it took that long is because I only work on it when I have less workload in school and during holidays.

The app is now approaching production stage and so investors are approaching me too. I'm not selling this app this time around.

I only need investors that would make launching of the app possible. To cover for advert cost, PlayStore, and all other things.

The app is an utility app built with the school environment in mind. It has the following features.

1. Service explorers can search for service providers that would help them get their jobs done. (Eg, final year students can easily find project experts that would guide them on how to write a winning project, etc).

2. It has a timeline that can be used for social activities like sharing of pictures and news. (The pictures can be edited before sending).

3. It has a near-real-time chat functionality with end to end encryption and instant notifications when the app is in background. Photo sharing is also possible through chat.

4. It has push and local notifications that notify users when someone searches for or places a request that matches their expertise

5. It has friend suggestions feature based on someone's contact, activities and friends of friends.

6. It has an encrypted backend and SSL connection (https).

Other services include:

7. A lecture timetable maker for students

8. A task scheduler

9. An inbuilt game (just 1, plan to add more).

10. A GP (CGPA) calculator with local database for results storage for future reference.

11. An online assessment test. (CBT).

Now, the investors are expecting me to give them the total cost of the app. I've calculated every other cost - server, SSL certificate, firebase etc

But it remains App development cost.

How much would you charge if you're to build such app for a client. Please help.

Comments on the current state of the app is welcomed but that's not what I need right now. It's still in development stage. UI/UX are still under experimentation. The web app is still in its initial stage. Etc.

I have attached some screenshots for introduction purposes.

The app can be downloaded from the website's landing page or through the direct link http:// bit. ly/ 2nGLEtY

Edit: NL is not allowing me to add a shortened URL. Please use the landing page link instead or rearrange the URL.

Thank you all for your anticipated contributions.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by talk2hb1(m): 9:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
Pay me maybe I can tell You,
Importantly I want Rukkahs Number maybe I can tell you.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by matthew80(m): 12:20am On Nov 18, 2019
talk2hb1:
Pay me maybe I can tell You,

I've not even made any money on the app. Bros why? I'm still spending. That's why I called those investors.

talk2hb1:

Importantly I want Rukkahs Number maybe I can tell you.
grin grin grin
You're very funny sir. Our privacy policy does not allow that. Maybe if you connect with her, she'd share it with you.

Thanks for stopping by anyways.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by lewis512(m): 1:39am On Nov 18, 2019
Nice one OP, Nice UI/UX .... Keep the good work going
Do you have any other job you are working on better than this before you put it up for sale ? Wish you the best while you find who to quote you price for the job you did for that long `
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by matthew80(m): 5:20am On Nov 18, 2019
lewis512:
Nice one OP, Nice UI/UX .... Keep the good work going
Do you have any other job you are working on better than this before you put it up for sale ? Wish you the best while you find who to quote you price for the job you did for that long `

I'll start working on another project as soon as I'm done with my final thesis for first degree. Barely some months remaining.

But I can't say if it's better than this or not sir.

Thanks for your honest feedback sir.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by talk2hb1(m): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2019
matthew80:

I've not even made any money on the app. Bros why? I'm still spending. That's why I called those investors.

grin grin grin
You're very funny sir. Our privacy policy does not allow that. Maybe if you connect with her, she'd share it with you.

Thanks for stopping by anyways.
Nawa for you, "Bro before Hole" -Bro Code
But on a serious note, Nobody can value your product publicly but suggestion estimate the assumed (monthly revenues *10)+Cost of hiring developer and maintaining it all this while.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by devdev: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
This is a cool project and if you plan to make it a small scale app and be around for a short time then it's cool. But if you plan to turn it to a large scale platform then you made a mistake using BaaS for backend. BaaS is used for small projects with not much control. Remember you do not own your data. You can not export any data you have there to your own host. Since your app is still on development, it's advisable you develop your custom backend and database so you can have full control

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by matthew80(m): 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
talk2hb1:

Nawa for you, "Bro before Hole" -Bro Code

You got me there. But this hoe is also a bro. wink

Thanks for your suggestions too.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by matthew80(m): 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
devdev:
This is a cool project and if you plan to make it a small scale app and be around for a short time then it's cool. But if you plan to turn it to a large scale platform then you made a mistake using BaaS for backend. BaaS is used for small projects with not much control. Remember you do not own your data. You can not export any data you have there to your own host. Since your app is still on development, it's advisable you develop your custom backend and database so you can have full control

Thanks for your feedback bro.

Maybe I forgot to mention, the only firebase feature I'm using is push notifications service and analytics.

The app makes API end call to its own custom backend. I love full control too grin grin grin
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by ovoSoft: 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2019
The value of an app is estimated by the number of users (which is a key information missing in your writeup). The length of time used in app development, is irrelevant to investors

An example is the popular app, whatsapp. It was sold for $19 billion not because it was developed in 10 years or 10 days but because it had over 1 billion loyal users.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by matthew80(m): 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2019
ovoSoft:
The value of an app is estimated by the number of users (which is a key information missing in your writeup). The length of time used in app development, is irrelevant to investors

An example is the popular app, whatsapp. It was sold for $19 billion not because it was developed in 10 years or 10 days but because it had over 1 billion loyal users.

Thanks so much. I understand your point. But this holds if only I want to sell the app.

I'm not selling it. We're just starting out. But someone needs to know how much he's investing, how much risk he's taking and what percentage of the expected returns he should be expecting.

It would just be like, "Okay, I've made this app and it's worth xyz, so, if you invest xyz/2 it means we have equal share of the expected profit"
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by ovoSoft: 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
^^^ nah you still don't understand my point. Any app made is worth $0, when it gets its first user its value begins to rise. If you want investors to invest in an idea, then its a different thing.

Also making money from an app is still very much dependent on the number of users. The value of a company/app is highly dependent on its customers/users, and investors will wanna know the value of the app before investing.

You can sell the app idea to them and use the money to increase the user base cuz thats what determines the value
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by matthew80(m): 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
ovoSoft:
Any app made is worth $0

Like seriously? I've never thought about this though.

Of course, if an app is designed for users and no one is using such app, then it's worthless.

But if someone conceives this idea and ask me to build it for them, I should be able to charge them.

Even if I design a calculator app for a client, I should be able to tell them what it cost to build it. Just thinking though.

But thanks anyway.
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by phelpy: 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2019
Please call me. 08104374494....
Let's work on a project...u ll benefit from it..trust me.. @OP
Re: How Much Should I Charge For This Mobile App Project? by shegzhkn: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2019
matthew80:

Thanks for your feedback bro.

Maybe I forgot to mention, the only firebase feature I'm using is push notifications service and analytics.

The app makes API end call to its own custom backend. I love full control too grin grin grin

which language did you use to build the backend ? and i guess you develop the app natively , am I right?

(1) (Reply)

Africa's Sexy Tech: Death By Innovation? / / Help Pls With My Final Year Project Chapter2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.