Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) (93083 Views)

Dilapidated Nature Of Oyebanjo Street, Ketu Lagos That Swallowed Two Kids / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Driver Escapes Before Massive Sinkhole Swallowed A Toyota RAV4 In Colorado (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by ifyalways(f): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
Agwo loro ibe ya. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
Explorers:
This is the stomach churning moment a cobra was found after swallowing a whole python.

Terrified residents saw the highly venomous Philippine cobra in a rice field in Davao del Sur in the south of the country.

It had killed the reticulated python and swallowed it whole, with only its victim's tail hanging from its jaws.

This image shows the aftermath of a Philippine cobra attempting to eat a reticulated python.

The cobra, head pictured, killed the other snake before swallowing it whole, leaving its tail hanging from its jaws.

After the cobra was killed, residents used a machete to cut it open.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7689653/amp/Philippine-cobra-swallows-reticulated-python-locals-club-death.html

This is a small python

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nmezor(f): 9:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
BabaIbo:

Alright, welcome
smiley
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by ibinaboonline: 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
Moses staff versus the magicians

1 Like

Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Tunagee(m): 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Explorers:
This is the stomach churning moment a cobra was found after swallowing a whole python.

Terrified residents saw the highly venomous Philippine cobra in a rice field in Davao del Sur in the south of the country.

It had killed the reticulated python and swallowed it whole, with only its victim's tail hanging from its jaws.

This image shows the aftermath of a Philippine cobra attempting to eat a reticulated python.

The cobra, head pictured, killed the other snake before swallowing it whole, leaving its tail hanging from its jaws.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7689653/amp/Philippine-cobra-swallows-reticulated-python-locals-club-death.html

Wetin concern us! This one no open our border and abeg
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Bloggers: 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
Explorers:

Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by BabaIbo: 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
GreyLaw:

Lol... finish him!

LoL, abi na. I hate oversabi people wey no know anything

1 Like

Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by BabaIbo: 10:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Progress62(m): 11:15pm On Nov 18, 2019
SPDAZZY:
shocked shocked shocked

Clash of the titans!
I hate snakes period
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
The snake wan show say street na military.. cheesy
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by BlackPantherCri: 12:58am On Nov 19, 2019
kiddoiLL:
That ain't no Philippines Cobra, no such crap as Philippines Cobra. By the large shells on the head it shows it's a King Cobra. Plus the only snakes known for eating and attacking other snakes are King Cobras.
If you come in contact with a king cobra, don't be stupid enough to say you want to stand your ground and attack, as they're way longer and more bold than your normal cobra.
You either let it go or you call for backup before attacking it.
King Cobra kill and swallow Python.
Smh King Cobras attacks even other King Cobras.
Ómo my love for Nat Geo Wild no be here

They were only able to kill it because it was in theiddle of a meal.

Moral of the story: don't be caught unaware

1 Like

Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 19, 2019
ibiso1986:
you just spoke my mind

Philippine cobras does exist.
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Anifoewoese007(m): 3:27am On Nov 19, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 19, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
I thought non-venomous snakes are immune to venom. Na wa oo
As long as any animal has blood running through her, a venomous snake will always strike with potential damage (even lions and elephants).
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 19, 2019
kiddoiLL:
That ain't no Philippines Cobra, no such crap as Philippines Cobra. By the large shells on the head it shows it's a King Cobra. Plus the only snakes known for eating and attacking other snakes are King Cobras.
If you come in contact with a king cobra, don't be stupid enough to say you want to stand your ground and attack, as they're way longer and more bold than your normal cobra.
I love NatGeo Wild too. Na dia #1, 900 subscription b my problem
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 7:25am On Nov 19, 2019
OrangeDream:
As long as any animal has blood running through her, a venomous snake will always strike with potential damage (even lions and elephants).
But some animals like honeybadger are immune
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2019
This snake killed itself. Very greedy something. No go de do pass urself you no go hear, now see your life.
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 19, 2019
Yes that's what a king Cobra or Mamba looks like..
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2019
CaptainKool15:
Is this not photoshopped?

I have seen a black mamba that size in Nigeria.

These adult snakes are existing in thick forests swamps here in Nigeria.

The most scary part of the venomous mamba or cobra is when they lift their heads and raise almost half their bodies into the air and move with lightning speed.

Mamba 14ft. Cobra 18ft.
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 19, 2019
goodnewscliff:
They big nd re called snake eaters..... Na black mamba i fear pass

Have you seen a life one ?
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by NobleEngineer(m): 10:00am On Nov 19, 2019
Naughtysite:

I have seen a black mamba that size in Nigeria.

These adult snakes are existing in thick forests swamps here in Nigeria.

The most scary part of the venomous mamba or cobra is when they lift their heads and raise almost half their bodies into the air and move with lightning speed.

Mamba 14ft. Cobra 18ft.
i hear say black mamba dem no dey for naija
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by goodnewscliff(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2019
Naughtysite:

Have you seen a life one ?
They one of the reasons i watch nat geo wild nd some YouTube video..... Real life... No... Dont plan to

1 Like

Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by theDEVILisHERE: 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
kiddoiLL:

There is Philippines cobra
Its actually of the spitting type if I'm not mistaken

Cobra has many species
Only the spitting cobras are unique, aside that they're all the same irrespective of the different names white man decided to give them
All eat snakes even fellow cobras
With snakes anything that can fit into their mouth is game
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by theDEVILisHERE: 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
NobleEngineer:

Black mamba is all over sub saharan Africa
Where ever there is thick forest in Africa they are there

...Nat Geo wild and co have many inaccurate statistics
if u want to know about Wild Africa pay a visit to Hunters and bush men, they'll give u proper info
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by owila4luv(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2019
i think the cobra was mad at the python for disrespect, thus the reason for the swallow cool
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
NobleEngineer:

Lol

Cobras and mambas are in naija. They avoid humans.

Mambas often take the colors of the environment where they live.

Most times olive green.
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by dfrost: 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
I did more research on the topic and discovered the below:

The king cobra is not considered to be a true cobra species, such as the other cobras in the Naja genus; instead, it belongs to its own genus, Ophiophagus. Its genus name was derived based on its proclivity for eating other snakes, and it is known to attack larger snakes, including pythons.

www.reptilesmagazine.com › All-A...
All About Cobra Snakes - Reptiles Magazine
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by myfan: 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
Neshietdebayzman:
You see well, but hope say you no comment to favour APC?

God punish APC. I'm a strong critic of APC. Nothing good comes from the party/Buhari
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

But some animals like honeybadger are immune
Wow, i didn't know that.
Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by AmuRubber(m): 3:59am On Nov 23, 2019
ubecharles:
. We learn everyday. I never knew cobras don't have eyes, and therefore can't see angry

Re: Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 24, 2019
[quote author=AmuRubber post=84282849][/quote]. You should tag that guy who thinks he's intelligent but wrote that cobras are blind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) / Some Funny Slangs Used In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.