Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Cost Of Studying And Living In Russia - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cost Of Studying And Living In Russia (1323 Views)

Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK / Snakes Living In DELSU Student's Room / Studying And working in Australia made easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Studying And Living In Russia by Engineer11985(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
Thousands of students now are going to Russia to pursue their studies because the cost of studying and living in Russia is very low and affordable. Tuition fees charged by Russian universities are among the lowest in Europe when compared to countries like Sweden, Netherlands etc. In Russian universities you can actually pay as low as $2000 per for study programs in English language. So today’s article will focus on the cost of studying and living in Russia.

For many of you who don’t know, Russia is the world’s largest nation and it borders both European and Asian countries as well as the Pacific and Arctic oceans. It has a landscape that ranges from tundra and forests to subtropical beaches. The country is popular for Moscow’s Bolshoi and St. Petersburg’s Mariinsky ballet companies. St. Petersburg, founded by Russian leader Peter the Great, has the baroque Winter Palace, now housing part of the State Hermitage Museum’s art collection.

Cost of studying in Russia

Cost of studying in Russia as I said earlier is very low and affordable. For medicine the tuition fees ranges from $3500 to $7000 per year in English medium while Russian medium could go for as low as $2500 to $3000 per year. For Science, Arts and Engineering courses, tuition fees usually range from $3000 to $4000 per year for English taught programs and as low as $1500 for Russian taught programs. Please note that, to study in Russian language, you will be expected to learn the Russian language for a period of 6 months prior to your study. Once you are done with the Russian language training, exams will be set for you and if you pass, then you are qualified to study in Russian language. Also note that unlike countries like United Kingdom, USA, Canada and Australia, Russian universities do not ask for test of English language like Toefl or Ielts, so you might not border to sit for these exams.

Cost of living in Russia
It’s very important that as a student, you become familiar with the cost of living in the country you want to pursue your studies. Cost of living in Russia is one of the lowest in Europe and it usually ranges from $150 to $250 per month for students. This amount will take care of your feeding, accommodation, transportation, buying of books, etc for one month. Please note that cost of living depends on the spending habit of students and the city he or she resides for studies.
Admission requirements to study in Russia
Russian universities have very easy admission requirements that an average student can meet. There are admission requirements for both undergraduate and postgraduate students and I’m going to talk about it now.

Undergraduate applicants
To study at the undergraduate or bachelors level, an applicant is expected to have completed a secondary school and have good grades in all subjects. If you took WAEC or NECO exams for instance, and you are a science student, you should have minimum of a ‘C’ grade in mathematics and English language plus 3 other science subjects to qualify to study in a Russian university. If you have this grade kindly contact us as soon as possible so we can enroll you in a good Russian university. Russian universities do not need JAMB or any A’level results so you don’t need to border about this.

Postgraduate applicants
If you are applying for a master’s program in Russia, you should be in possession of a good bachelors degree certificate from a good university in your country. You should have minimum of 2.2 or second class lower degree to qualify for a master’s program in Russia. In addition to this, you will have to get your transcripts from the university you attended since Russian universities will want to see it to know if you qualify for the masters program you are applying for. Once you have all these, then you are good to go, just contact us and we shall enroll you in a good university. Please note that Russian universities do not ask for entrance examinations or aptitude test before they give you admission. When you meet the minimum entry requirement for your chosen program, you will be given admission as soon as possible.

How to apply for admission into Russian universities
Applying for admission into a Russian university isn’t that easy. You will be expected to translate your documents into Russian language and have someone in Russia take it to the university. Goabroad Edu Services make this process easy. We have experts in Nigeria and Russia that helps with documents translations, legalizations and visa processing. So if you want to hire us kindly check the ‘contact’ section of this site , copy the numbers there and call us or come to our office in Abuja, Nigeria. We have assisted thousands of Nigerians travel to Russia and pursue their studies there at very low tuition fees.
Read more: https://goabroadeduservices.com/low-tuition-fees-cost-of-study-and-living-in-russia/
Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In Russia by unikwa: 11:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
Good luck learning the Russian language in 6 months, and expect to be ready for studies at the university.
Even after one year of going to school six days a week, you'd still struggle with the language.
Do yourself a favor if you choose to go to Russia, do not start your university course after 6 months of learning Russian language. You would die of stress, especially in science and engineering.
Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In Russia by Laren24(m): 1:29am On Nov 19, 2019
Is it still possible to study and work in Russia?
Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In Russia by ManuelWest(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2021
Please can someone advise me on how to go about this

I got admission to synergy university in Moscow. I'll be resuming in September. So I've been gathering documents for my visa.
I was told Russian embassy doesn't accept laminated waec result. I've laminated mine some years back.
Please can you advise me on how to go about this?

(1) (Reply)

The Concubine By Elechi Amadi - PDF Download / ASUU Strike Will Be Call Off In Days – Falana / ASUU Strike: Office Of The Speaker Press Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.