Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,351 members, 7,850,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:38 PM

On Dreams And Mysteries.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Dreams And Mysteries.. (507 Views)

Share Your Dreams And The Holyspirit Will Help Interpret / Share Your Dreams And The Holyspirit Will Help Interpret / Dreams And Interpretations By Dr. Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Dreams And Mysteries.. by Perfectbeing(m): 1:07am On Nov 20, 2019
Whatever you see or do when awake and have no problem with, you shouldn't have a problem seeing or doing it in the dream too.
Simple!
If you don't have a problem swimming, eating, drinking, flying in real life, why are you suddenly bothered by any of these when you do them in your dreams?
Why should seeing a common snake become a big deal when you see it in the dream whereas you see a snake when you are awake and you don't give any mysterious interpretation to it?
Why should swimming or eating become a big deal in the dream when you eat and swim every day?
Do you think you are going to die whenever you walk past where they sell caskets or whenever you see one in a burial?
Why then do you now suddenly think or believe there is imminent death for you or a loved one when you see the same casket in your dream?
And why can't you interpret seeing a casket or a burial in the dream to mean you're being reminded that you are the one who is to raise the dead?
When you see yourself dead in the dream why can't you see it as a reminder that you are dead with Christ and buried together with him?
Have you not been seeing that all over the scriptures? How come there's suddenly a problem now that you're having a vision of the same scriptures that you've been studying?
A wise and mature believer doesn't go about seeking for interpretation or meaning to his dreams. He gives meaning to his dreams instead. He is both the dreamer and the interpreter of his dreams. And his interpretation must be submissive to knowledge of the written word
You are not Pharaoh or Nebuchadnezzar who goes about seeking for interpretation for their dreams. You are not a heathen man
You are a believer!
No believer in the Bible ever had a dream and went around seeking for interpretation
A believer should be able to subject every dream he has to the knowledge of Christ
If you have a dream that seeks to exalt itself above the knowledge of Christ you are to take it captive and bring it to the obedience of Christ
2Cor 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
Never accept as an interpretation for any dream that which brings fear, dread and anxiety
There are no fixed meanings or interpretations to dreams. Those are things you only find in fables, superstition and traditions of men
Stuff you only find in stupid dream books
The believer has the mind of Christ. He determines what becomes of any dream, trance or vision
People empower dreams that have no power by thinking on them and giving in to fear.
I hope this meets you well
Do let me know
The grace of Jesus is with your spirit
Re: On Dreams And Mysteries.. by Princewell2012(m): 11:43am On May 24, 2020
Thanks so much. my view about dream has realy changed alots since i read ur comments on my thread last week.

And beside i havent dream of eating in the dream since then. Even if i had one i will not get panicked again. Hmm but does God speaks to us through dreams? God bless you.
Re: On Dreams And Mysteries.. by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On May 24, 2020
Perfectbeing:
No believer in the Bible ever had a dream and went around seeking for interpretation
I don't get this fixation with the dreaming and interpretations. Where do people get this idea that dreams require interpretating?

Even when you see things you are not ok with, in your dreams, why panic at all? It is just a dream.

1 Like

Re: On Dreams And Mysteries.. by Princewell2012(m): 9:04pm On May 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I don't get this fixation with the dreaming and interpretations. Where do people get this idea that dreams require interpretating?

Even when you see things you are not ok with, in your dreams, why panic at all? It is just a dream.

Hmm i get your point anyway. Thats what we have been made to believe, which has also turned to our tradition. Thanks for enlightment.
Re: On Dreams And Mysteries.. by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On May 24, 2020
Princewell2012:
Hmm i get your point anyway. Thats what we have been made to believe, which has also turned to our tradition. Thanks for enlightment.
I would like to add, for the benefit of those that read this thread afterwards, that Jesus condemned the following of the traditions and rules of men. He said doing such nullifies the power of God in the lives in question . ... but here is the ESV

Matthew 15 vs 1-9
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus. They came from Jerusalem and asked him,
2. “Why do your followers not obey the traditions we have from our great leaders who lived long ago? Your followers don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
3. Jesus answered, “And why do you refuse to obey God’s command so that you can follow those traditions you have?
4. God said, ‘You must respect your father and mother.’[a] And God also said, ‘Whoever says anything bad to their father or mother must be killed.’
5. But you teach that a person can say to their father or mother, ‘I have something I could use to help you. But I will not use it for you. I will give it to God.’
6. You are teaching them not to respect their father. So you are teaching that it is not important to do what God said. You think it is more important to follow those traditions you have.
7. You are hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he spoke for God about you:

8. ‘These people honor me with their words,
but I am not really important to them.
9. Their worship of me is worthless.
The things they teach are only human rules.’”

Re: On Dreams And Mysteries.. by Princewell2012(m): 10:06pm On May 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I would like to add, for the benefit of those that read this thread afterwards, that Jesus condemned the following of the traditions and rules of men. He said doing such nullifies the power of God in the lives in question . ... but here is the ESV

Great. Sorry to ask this question.
Do you believe in a witch? If yes, can they attack a person?

Thank you.
Re: On Dreams And Mysteries.. by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On May 24, 2020
Princewell2012:
Great. Sorry to ask this question.
Do you believe in a witch? If yes, can they attack a person?
Thank you.
Are there witches? Yes
Can they attack you? As long as they are human beings inside of those bodies... Yes
What can you do about that? If you have God inside of you, they can do jacksquat to you. So relax! grin
Re: On Dreams And Mysteries.. by Princewell2012(m): 10:14pm On May 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Are there witches? Yes
Can they attack you? As long as they are human beings inside of those bodies... Yes
What can you do about that? If you have God inside of you, they can do jacksquat to you. So relax! grin
Thanks for your swift response grin
Kobojunkie:
Are there witches? Yes
Thanks for your swift response
Re: On Dreams And Mysteries.. by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On May 24, 2020
Princewell2012:

Thanks for your swift response grin
Thanks for your swift response
Don't just take my word for it. Pray to God and ask Him your questions directly. He promised He will answer, so get in the habit of asking Him and Holding Him to it too. Make sure to stay open-minded cause a lot of what we have learnt of God through listening to others is not truth.
Become like to Berean believers who always make sure to confirm whatever it is they hear of God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See How Member Plans To Celebrate Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Birthday (Photo) / First Fruit / This Generation Will Be Wiped Off Except For The Mercy Of GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.