Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,415 members, 7,836,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

[Answered] Which Programming Language Should You Learn/work With? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / [Answered] Which Programming Language Should You Learn/work With? (685 Views)

For Every Beginner Who Asked - Which Language Should I Start With? Watch This / What Back End Language Should I Learn In 2020 ? / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[Answered] Which Programming Language Should You Learn/work With? by OlamigokePhilip: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
For a lot of people just taking interest in programming [Web development], either in pursuit of a securing a first job as a developer or those looking to switch fields to the technical side.

Do you feel confused, like : .. I hear some say JavaScript, I hear Python, I hear Golang, I hear PHP etc. Which one should I focus on.?

My Answer
Basically it depends on what you want to do. Some language have better frameworks to handle certain type of project, at times it's the community behind it [the more active, the better] but sometimes it just comes down to personal preference.

Instagram runs a server written in Python. Facebook's largely PHP, PayPal- Nodejs, WhatsApp server is almost completely implemented in Erlang. etc.

The Right tool for the job is always the one that gets the job done with skills you and your team have!

If you are all js dev’s, JavaScript is the way to go. If you are versed with Python go with Django or Flask. If you started with PHP look at Laravel, Symf etc..

What tech blogs tell is the hottest tech 2019 does not matter, what framework gives the best benchmark results does not matter, largest eco system does not matter(as long as you don’t go with a dead/or too new fringe tech stack).

Most of these programming languages are evolving and improving, they aren't sitting in one place..

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you learning and you'd like to grow and share information with others?
I created a platform to help you learn along with others, ask questions as well as documenting and sharing your findings, solutions with your peers. Check out https://minify.tech

I created this as an open source project. For persons interested in web development in Django you can give the source code a look at https://github.com/anclaTechs/minify

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Want To Hire Top Website Developers In Dubai? Here Are Some Of The Ways! / Hire An Experienced Programmer For Your Projects! / How To Make Coming Soon Page Using Html And Css

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.