Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,403 members, 7,954,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm (879 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

Real Madrid: 87% (7 votes)
Athletic Bilbao: 12% (1 vote)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Ham (3 - 1) On Sat, 21st Dec 2013 / UCL: Juventus Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 20th November 2012 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 2) On Sunday 20th November 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by chelseabmw(m): 6:37am On Nov 20, 2010
[b]Athletic Bilbao have the odds stacked against them this weekend as they look to end Jose Mourinho's record-breaking start to life as coach of Real Madrid.
Mourinho has led Madrid to nine victories and two draws in his first 11 league games in the hotseat, which is the best return from a coach making his debut in La Liga.

That success has left Madrid a point clear at the top of the Primera Division standings, while the Spanish giants have been equally as successful in the Champions League and Copa del Rey, where they have progressed through to the last 16 of both competitions.

As well as that, Madrid also boast the attacking and defensive records in the league, netting 28 goals and conceding just five, while in Cristiano Ronaldo they boast the leading scorer in the division with 11 goals.

That all makes bleak reading for eighth-placed Athletic, who have their own problems to worry about as well.

The Basque outfit have won just 13 times in 79 visits to the Bernabeu down the years, losing 51, while in their last 12 league and cup visits to Madrid`s home ground Athletic have suffered 11 defeats and conceded an average of more than three goals per game in those matches.

Athletic have also picked up only one point from their last four away games this season.

Coach Joaquin Caparros said: "We want to have a good game to break, not only the bad run at the Bernabeu in recent years, but also the negative run of results away from home this season.

"We`ve prepared so as to have a good game and that everything turns out how we want.''

Athletic captain Pablo Orbaiz added: "To win at a ground like this is special. It`s clear that they have a very fast and very strong team who create a lot of chances and it`s difficult to beat them, but Real Madrid have always been like that.

"I`ve played against (Zinedine) Zidane, Ronaldo, (Luis) Figo, and those players are at the same level of those who they have now.

"Real Madrid always have a great team, and this season is the same. We are, as always, going there with plenty of respect but with all the hope in the world to have a good game.

"We know it`s a difficult place to go, but we`re not going to gift them anything. We hope to have a good day and things go well.''

Athletic make the trip to the capital 13 points behind in-form Madrid, who stayed top of the pack after beating Sporting Gijon with a late Gonzalo Higuain goal last week.

Mourinho watched that game from the stands due to a two-game touchline ban and the Portuguese will complete that suspension.

In his place on the bench will be assistant coach Aitor Karanka, who as a player came up through the youth ranks at Athletic and played for the Basque outfit both before and after his spell at Madrid at the turn of the millennium.[/b]
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by chelseabmw(m): 6:39am On Nov 20, 2010
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by chelseabmw(m): 6:42am On Nov 20, 2010
Competition Stats
Real Madrid Athletic Bilbao
Goals Cristiano Ronaldo 11 Fernando Llorente 8
Reds Pepe 1 Fernando Amorebieta 1
Yellows Ricardo Carvalho 3 Carlos Gurpegui 6
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by medjai(m): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2010
Fernando Llorente and Iker Munian will wreck Madrid
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by Pharoh: 8:12am On Nov 20, 2010
medjai:

Fernando Llorente and Iker Munian will wreck Madrid

No way are wey going to drop points on the way to el-classico, this match is even more important than the mid-week champions league.

We will rap it up quickly and rest our key players, then go to ajax to get a draw and prepare for the weekend. Anything less than a draw at the camp nou will be totally unacceptable.

What do you think? i am suggesting they merge la - liga weekend matches to one thread since we also follow other clubs like Villarreal, Valencia, athletico, sevilla and some African players. Then only el-classico will have a separate thread?
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by medjai(m): 10:46am On Nov 20, 2010
^^ as per the threads, that's a nice idea cos we might end up having too many match threads
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by usbcable(m): 11:24am On Nov 20, 2010
Oga chelseabmw,
not that am complaining grin , but why create another thread,with same info and source, for thesame match. I already created one. And politely asked you being the mod to add a poll(or is that the reason for a duplicate thread).

All the same Real is winning tonight.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by Pharoh: 10:24pm On Nov 20, 2010
We need to wrap this up in the first half so our galacticos can have some rest, loving the commentary on gol tv. cool
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by FBS: 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2010
Gol tv commentators are my fav.
Ray Hudson!

GH on target. Well play.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2010
Real Madrid 1 – 0 Athletic Bilbao

WATCH THE GOAL
http://.com/spanish-la-liga-highlight-video-real-madrid-1-%E2%80%93-0-athletic-bilbao/
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by Pharoh: 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2010
The whites are back and we are linking well more as a team now, ronaldo  next time fall immediately.   grin

FBS:

Gol tv commentators are my fav.
Ray Hudson!

GH on target. Well play.

I need to record one of their commentaries so i can have it for keeps.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by FBS: 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2010
Ray Hudson no go kill person with his commentaries. I'm loving it.

This is absolutely out of this world from the white house - aaaaaaaaaaa RH is mad.

Real Madrid 2 - 0 AB
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by FBS: 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2010
Llorente finally got his goal.

2-1
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 20, 2010
Real Madrid 2 – 0 Athletic Bilbao

WATCH THE GOAL
http://.com/spanish-la-liga-highlight-video-real-madrid-1-%E2%80%93-0-athletic-bilbao/
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 20, 2010
Real Madrid 2 – 1 Athletic Bilbao

WATCH THE GOAL
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by Pharoh: 11:17pm On Nov 20, 2010
Nice work di maria  cheesy

Ronaldooooooooooooooooooooooooooo grin

4-1
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 20, 2010
now 4 : 1

WATCH THE GOAL
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by Pharoh: 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2010
Final score 5 - 1

Ronaldo got an hat trick, time to face ajax. cool
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by daniel222: 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2010
please can you direct me on how to post on this site?
Thanks and i will be expecting your response
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by Pharoh: 11:59pm On Nov 20, 2010
daniel222:

please can you direct me on how to post on this site?
Thanks and i will be expecting your response

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-18.0.html

Go to that page and look into the virtual tutorials and how to create a new thread.
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by tunyus(m): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2010
infact this madrid team is just geting beta evryday.the workrate is very high.god bless the special one(mourinho)halamadrid to my fellow madridista.i luv u all.but ramos and pepe av to raise there game in the elclasico
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by SeanT21(f): 2:36am On Nov 21, 2010
Ronaldo: The BEST!!

hala Madrid!!

Awesome game!!
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by chelseabmw(m): 6:49am On Nov 21, 2010
Hala Madrid
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by amurx(m): 11:08am On Nov 21, 2010
A championship in gr8 disorder
Re: Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao [5 - 1 ] On Sat,20th November,10pm by usbcable(m): 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2010
^^^ what do you mean?

(1) (Reply)

Uefa Champions League Quarter-finals & Semi-finals Draws / Abramovich To Bring In Hiddink And Zola As Chelsea Coaches / Arsenal Set To Sign Park Chu Young

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.