Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

- Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / (7562 Views)

Air France Worst Customer Service. / Air France: What Is Baggage Allowance? / If You Know What's Good For You, Never Fly Air France! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 20, 2010
Re: by joxiri: 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2010
@ poster if the flight from lagos to pparis left 45 mins before schedule surely some people must have missed the flight
is that actually a good thing or am I missing something here
Re: by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2010
Re: by praxx(m): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2010
chaircover:

I know that on this forum Air France gets knocked for various things such as delayed flights, rude staff, lost luggage and so on. Personally I don't think that they are any worse than any of the other airlines that fly to Nigeria.

I am however on the mindset to praise when one does well and to admonish when one does wrong.

Today is Air Frances praise day. I just got back from Lagos (This is my 5th trip with them this year, so I know them very well) but this time I was pleasantly surprised that 3 of the 4 legs of my flight left on time with the one delayed flight making up for the delay during the flight.

[b]The flight from Lagos to Paris CGG actually left 45 minutes before schedule which is a record by any airline in my book smiley[/b]The staff were excellent. They were polite, there was more than enough food and they even went round with extras. My luggage was out within minutes & The only downside for me is because I have traveled so often in one year the entertainment was now kind of boring. There are so many times one can watch the same episode of CSI sad

But most importantly for me, I have also finally overcome my fear of flying after speaking to a very nice crew member who supported me throughout the flight. What more can I ask for? kiss

BTW I got chatting to a guy at CDG and he said he only paid £350 for his flight so some prices are pretty cheap too shocked grin

, and you think that is worthy of praise?,
Re: by Bella87(f): 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: by Bawss1(m): 3:01pm On Nov 22, 2010
praxx:

, and you think that is worthy of praise?,

I was just about to say same. If the airline left before the scheduled time then there is a high chance that some people would have missed the flight and is just as bad as a delay.
Re: by jaybee3(m): 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2010
hmmmmm Air france lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: by ifyalways(f): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2010
Bawss1:

I was just about to say same. If the airline left before the scheduled time then there is a high chance that some people would have missed the flight and is just as bad as a delay.
Nope.
Every traveller knows he/she has to be at the airport atleast 1hr30 mins before dep. time for check-in formalities.
Re: by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: by alanbolo(m): 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2010
@  OP,  I will re-think my stand on Air-France.   Their fee is actually cheaper than other major Airlines ( Not Inclusive Delta and Arik ) but their acceptance around the globe have put some fear in me - in case of terrorist revolt  lipsrsealed
Re: by ohaechesi(m): 7:07pm On Nov 22, 2010
chaircover:

grin grin grin grin

But on a serious note for the record, I was not paid a penny by Air France.

I know that Air France & KLM in particular both get yapped on this forum for poor service and I just thought that there is nothing wrong too if credit is given where due.

As for me on this occasion I had a pleasant trip and is not to say that in the next 2 months I wont be here slagging them off if they go the other way.

Some people may argue that they were just doing their jobs and that is quite true but crew attitude can make a difference between a good or bad flight.

For the record, no one missed their flight.

hold it there!!! if you were not paid for this fictitous advert, in what department are you with airfrance mek i hear word abeg
Re: by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: by ohaechesi(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2010
chaircover:

As difficult it is to beleive I do not work for nor receive any payment from any department in Air France & people who know me on this forum know that I have no business with Air France or indeed any other Airline.

Sometimes its nice having a breath of fresh air from the bashing we like giving businesses and trust me I can write letters of complaints in my sleep - [s]Dell, Sky, Comet & Vodaphone know me very well[/s] cool

either ways, thats kind of you but i still have my reservation
Re: by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: by dayokanu(m): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2010
CC,

Just join the witches association and save millions of naira of flight ticket.

Stand by the wall Raise one leg up and name your destination.

Fastest means of travel Hands down
Re: by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: by dayokanu(m): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2010
Simple. Put your luggage down and stand on it.
Re: by ohaechesi(m): 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2010
dayokanu:

CC,

Just join the witches association and save millions of naira of flight ticket.

Stand by the wall Raise one leg up and name your destination.

Fastest means of travel Hands down

That;s it, you got it alright

chaircover:

errrrrmmmmmm Dayo good idea but you are forgetting one small detail. . . . . . .How do I carry my 268kg of luggage? grin grin grin

You've lost your stake on the air france advert, why don't you revert to VODAFONE, ewu-mmeeee grin
Re: by marcus1234: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2010
Re: by mukina2: 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2010
Please ignore ishit4body he/she/it is the same person as tumfulu the forum's nuisance.

Thread has been cleaned, please lets stick to the topic
Re: by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2010
Re: by slap1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2010
Lol, see clean-up! Nairaland Environmental Protection Agency at work. Thumbs up, Muki. Good job.
Re: by yongnoble(m): 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2010
chaircover:

I know that on this forum Air France gets knocked for various things such as delayed flights, rude staff, lost luggage and so on. Personally I don't think that they are any worse than any of the other airlines that fly to Nigeria.

I am however on the mindset to praise when one does well and to admonish when one does wrong.

Today is Air Frances praise day. I just got back from Lagos (This is my 5th trip with them this year, so I know them very well) but this time I was pleasantly surprised that 3 of the 4 legs of my flight left on time with the one delayed flight making up for the delay during the flight.

The flight from Lagos to Paris CGG actually left 45 minutes before schedule which is a record by any airline in my book smiley

The staff were excellent. They were polite, there was more than enough food and they even went round with extras. My luggage was out within minutes & The only downside for me is because I have traveled so often in one year the entertainment was now kind of boring. There are so many times one can watch the same episode of CSI  sad

But most importantly for me, I have also finally overcome my fear of flying after speaking to a very nice crew member who supported me throughout the flight. What more can I ask for?  kiss

BTW I got chatting to a guy at CDG and he said he only paid £350 for his flight so some prices are pretty cheap too  shocked grin

Get your stories staright before posting them, na only u say u don travel 5 times this year and yet, u still get fear of flying,
hmmmm, i hail
Re: by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2010
Re: by Ib(f): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2010
i have used klm and airfrance a few times in the past and i can attest that they are really really good.  Affordable fare, Lots of food, loads of liquor, you can go to the back of the plane and take as you like,nice inflight entertainment and always on time. Very reliable. Only wahala is that the departure time from london is 6.45 to CDG or schipol and longer journey .
Re: by joxiri: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2010
yea airfrance do serve a lot of food enough crossiants to go round i did enjoy it
and whats happenig to this thread i though there was a slagging match going on
Re: by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2010
Re: by Ib(f): 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2010
BTW do you know that for the same price as parking your car for a week in the long term car park or using the meet and greet car service, you can stay over at Heathrow Crowne Plaza (which is a 4 star hotel) and you get 14 days free parking in the deal

interesting, i will bear that in mind for next time. Thanks chaircover.
Re: by moonraker(m): 12:58am On Nov 24, 2010
hmmmm, i am not sure abt the type of KLM and Air France that peeps on this thread are using

but i have used both airlines from Osaka to lagos and tokyo respectively and believe me,

its costs an arm and a leg to get on those birds, The seats are cramped, Food is just there,

Lufthansa, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Air france and British Airways are all overpriced and Overhyped POS.

Thanks Chaircover for the review but i think am gonna be sticking to them airlines like emirates and Qatar for now,
Re: by DisGuy: 2:36am On Nov 24, 2010
My last Flight from London with KLM was at 8.40am, i already checked in online so didn't hang around long at the airport
Re: by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2010
Re: by moonraker(m): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2010
@ Chaircover

I am glad that we agree on something!!!! grin

and you make very valid points too.its would be pretty senseless

to use emirates on your route, Now, if you think that emirates is good,

Qatar airways will blow you away, no joke at all, been back home twice this year

using qatar and the aircrafts are brand new, nice service all ard,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leaving For Nigeria In 3 Weeks: What Do I Need To Know? / Some Amazing Facts About Bahamas, Dubai, And Barbados. / My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.