Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Any Dba In D House,pls Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Dba In D House,pls Help (1135 Views)

Programmers In Da House Pls I Nid Ur Help / Programmers In The House, Pls Come To My Rescue / Java Vs Oracle Dba: Which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Dba In D House,pls Help by zai(f): 10:02am On May 24, 2007
Goodmornin,
pls can any one help me on this.
Am havin prob granting access 2 a new user of a database.Each time i run d query "Grant all to , " it says d login has no valid role,thus access denied by d dbo.
Please help .
Re: Any Dba In D House,pls Help by Maleeq(m): 3:03pm On May 25, 2007
The problem is that the user you are logged in as does not have the necessary to privilege to grant other users all privileges.
What you need to do is to connect as the sysdba (or contact your sysdba) to grant you (the user you are logged on as) "all privileges" with grant option or admin option, then you will be able to grant other users the specific or "all privileges"

Let me know if this resolves your problem
Re: Any Dba In D House,pls Help by zai(f): 10:13am On May 28, 2007
Thanx 4 d reply.
This is actually my 1st time of creating a login in an existing database,cos i was just given d responsibilty of a DBA.Though i av done several w same mthd n can't really say y dis is given me a prob.Even when i logged in as SA,its tel me dr is no user/role with this name.
Pls can u help on this.
Re: Any Dba In D House,pls Help by Maleeq(m): 8:53pm On Jun 01, 2007
Obviously, the user you want to grant these privileges does not exist!. You can check if it does by querying the dba_users to confirm. If it aint there, then create that user and try again.
Re: Any Dba In D House,pls Help by SLEEKCHIC2(f): 8:55am On Jun 04, 2007
Hello Zai,

Hope the work's coming on fine. I know you can grant a privilege or role. Personally, i don't think you can grant "all" to a user cause all is not a privilege, neither is it a role. If you want to give the person all the system and object priviledges, you can either grant DBA to the user , or create a role and grant all the priviledges (u want the person to have )to that role, then grant the role to the user.

Hope this helps you.

All the best
Re: Any Dba In D House,pls Help by webguru(m): 6:57pm On Feb 15, 2008
all these is seemin like film trick after so long

when will oracle wake up in naija?
Re: Any Dba In D House,pls Help by ubonessiet: 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2008
the syntax to grant privileges or roles to a user:

1. sqlplus conn [username/password] @[database name] as SYSDBA

NOTE: YOU MUST BE CONNECTED AS A SYSDBA BEFORE YOU CAN GRANT ANY PRIVILEGE OR IF YOU ARE NOT A SYSDBA, YOU MUST HAVE BEEN GRANTED PRIVILEGES WITH ADMIN OPTION (THIS WILL ALLOW YOU TO GRANT OTHERS SYSTEM PRIVILEGES) OR WITH GRANT OPTION (TIHS WILL ALLOW YOU TO GRANT OTHERS OBJECT PRIVELEGES)

2. sqlplus> grant [privilege] | [privilege, privilege,, ] ON OBJECT
to user
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE CREATED A USER BEFORE YOU GRANT A PRIVILEGE OTHERWISE YOU WILL RECEIVE AN ERROR

eg. sqlplus conn tom/tiger @buran as SYSDBA

, connected

sqlplus> grant SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE ON HR
to ZAI
, grant succeded

(1) (Reply)

Learn C++ & Java Programming / Programming - Help Urgently Needed!!! / Installing Ms Sql Server 2005 On Window 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.