Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone (2936 Views)

What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? / What Happened To Gionee And Why You Haven't Seen New Phones From Them / See What Happened To My S8+ Screen Of 115k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone by Casemiro(m): 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
To cut the long story short, my phone can't access photos on whatsapp. When I click on the photo, it tells me to grant special permission for whatasapp to access storage. When I enter the settings, and click on the permission for storage, it tells me to disable screen overlay. I have done that but it still persists.

Not just on whatsapp but on other apps too! can you imagine I can't access PDF files again? same issue, asking to display screen overlay.

Please what should I do?
Re: Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone by Mood11: 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2019
Oga go and buy new phone.
Leave village people alone. They have better things to do

9 Likes

Re: Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone by mgbadike81: 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
Casemiro:
To cut the long story short, my phone can't access photos on whatsapp. When I click on the photo, it tells me to grant special permission for whatasapp to access storage. When I enter the settings, and click on the permission for storage, it tells me to disable screen overlay. I have done that but it still persists.

Not just on whatsapp but on other apps too! can you imagine I can't access PDF files again? same issue, asking to display screen overlay.

Please what should I do?

just restore to factory settings but you should move all important data to your memory card first and remove the sim card with your memory card before restoring to factory settings.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone by lekjons(m): 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Casemiro:

Please what should I do?

if you have an app that pops up notifications at a corner on your screen instead of the notification bar(e.g messeeger, phone/battery booster apps), you have to Uninstall or remove overlay permission for the particular app, removing overlay permissions on Android can be tricky, for the problem to be persistent after removing overlay means you didn't do it correctly..

Note: android won't tell you which app is causing the problem, you have to find the app by yourself.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
Mood11:

U are funny

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone by gulfer: 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2019
Uninstal and reinstall your WhatsApp, ensure you clear the cache before the new installation, thank me later cool cool cool
Re: Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Look at this image (the multicoloured icon on the right), you have an app similar to this and it only functions when it overlays. Go to settings and deactivate the overlay for the app. Afterwards grant access to the app u need. I guess yih are uskng android 6.0

Re: Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone by Skyfornia(m): 10:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
If you are in Lagos. Bring it to my house, I'll fix it for you free of charge
Re: Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone by Ejadike(m): 6:38am On Nov 24, 2019
Casemiro:

Please what should I do?

Which phone is that?
Re: Please Help! Are My Village People Following Me? See What Happened To My Phone by egopersonified(f): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mood11:

one of my uncles who lives in the village actually said once that in between teaching, running his business and going to his farm, at what time of the day or night will he torment his relatives in the city that he barely knows their names? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Black Berry Whats App No Longer Working / Tecno Camon CX New Ota Update Gives You / Top Sites To Download PPSSP Android Games For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.