Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,392 members, 7,853,748 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

Pls Help! My Friend Is Remanded For The Crime He Didn't Commit - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pls Help! My Friend Is Remanded For The Crime He Didn't Commit (224 Views)

Big Cobra Found In My Friend's Bathroom / Man Released In Prison After 7 Years Being Spent For A Crime He Didn't Commit / Look At The Snake Killed By My Friend Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help! My Friend Is Remanded For The Crime He Didn't Commit by micellgevity: 9:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
Few months back, my friend was remanded in Ilesha prison for a crime he didn't commit. He used to work with one major hard drinks distributor in Ilesha as a salesperson until the manager was sacked and he was asked to assume the position of the manager. He rejected the offer but the management insisted. Since he had no other job, he reluctantly obliged. The company had no proper record keeping and the way the organization was being run was below the standard. My friend saw this, and called the management's attention to it. He was trying to put things in shape before he was accused of embezzlement and taken to remand. If he actually embezzled their money, he would have used part of it to get a lawyer to defend himself. Somebody that could not afford a lawyer fee. On getting to the police station when the case freshly began, the police said "eyin tun ni." Meaning "it is you again." This expression means remanding their employees has become their style. I don't know why a (family) company will be remanding the defenseless employees. After spending close to three weeks in remand, one lawyer stood for him on the promise that he would pay him after his freedom. Up to now he is still struggling to pay the lawyer before the adjourned date. Fast forward... He appeared in court on the 23rd of October and the judge adjourned again till the 30th of the same month. This was the last time I heard from him. He has been remanded again. If not for the demise of his brother, he had no business working with the company in the first place. He joined the company after the demise of his brother, who died two weeks before going back to Australia. Iku ma b'olaje o. Death is a bitch.
Pls push this to the front page, may be human right lawyers from Osun will see it and help. Pls help us.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Supermod
Ishilove
Re: Pls Help! My Friend Is Remanded For The Crime He Didn't Commit by Asquare84(m): 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
Let him try and visit a pastor for prayers, nothing prayer can't solve
Re: Pls Help! My Friend Is Remanded For The Crime He Didn't Commit by Royruky(m): 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
micellgevity:
Few months back, my friend was remanded in Ilesha prison for a crime he didn't commit. He used to work with one major hard drinks distributor in Ilesha as a salesperson until the manager was sacked and he was asked to assume the position of the manager. He rejected the offer but the management insisted. Since he had no other job, he reluctantly obliged. The company had no proper record keeping and the way the organization was being run was below the standard. My friend saw this, and called the management's attention to it. He was trying to put things in shape before he was accused of embezzlement and taken to remand. If he actually embezzled their money, he would have used part of it to get a lawyer to defend himself. Somebody that could not afford a lawyer fee. On getting to the police station when the case freshly began, the police said "eyin tun ni." Meaning "it is you again." This expression means remanding their employees has become their style. I don't know why a (family) company will be remanding the defenseless employees. After spending close to three weeks in remand, one lawyer stood for him on the promise that he would pay him after his freedom. Up to now he is still struggling to pay the lawyer before the adjourned date. Fast forward... He appeared in court on the 23rd of October and the judge adjourned again till the 30th of the same month. This was the last time I heard from him. He has been remanded again. If not for the demise of his brother, he had no business working with the company in the first place. He joined the company after the demise of his brother, who died two weeks before going back to Australia. Iku ma b'olaje o. Death is a bitch.
Pls push this to the front page, may be human right lawyers from Osun will see it and help. Pls help us.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Supermod
Ishilove

The information here is not enough. Maybe you can tell why he was remanded again? Embezzlement is a bailable offence usually prosecuted in the Magistrate Court. Why the High Court?

Was he granted bail by the Court when he was arraigned?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News... How To Evacuate Bed-bugs Entirely In A Room. / What Happened To All The Recharge Card Sellers? / What Is The Most Trending Type Of Flatware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.