Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

A Testimony Through First Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Testimony Through First Bank (3113 Views)

My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony / I Got A Job - Here's My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Testimony Through First Bank by samade4luv: 2:23pm On May 24, 2007
Baba God has done it again. I Finally got a job with first bank just only after four months of completing my service and my first real interview. It was really a sudden miracle! All those that got the second batch invitation will agree with me that it was unexpected. in fact most of us have lost hope. . I want to use this medium to thank nairalanders for the timely information supplied and necessary hints they gave. though I am a sort of passive member but the information has been priceless and timely. I promised I would share my testimony with nairalanders before I share it elsewhere. For has many that are still searching for, God will provide. ALL SECOND BATCH LET US PRAISE THE LORD!!!
See some of you in Kano training center, you can call 08052660631. Please does any one in the house know how much first bank pay for their training? And what do they mean by “subject to receipt of satisfactory references we are pleased to offer………” (What references are satisfactory to them)
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by bazo: 5:40pm On May 25, 2007
61 k per month
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by darqly(m): 7:06pm On May 25, 2007
Good for you, welcome to the family! "Subject to receipt of satisfactory references" means Human capital will double check with your referees before confirming you as permanent staff. I assume your referees are "satisfactory"? FBN checks EVERYTHING.

Actually you should get at least 80k with the recent increment, seems you joined at the right time!!
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by bryton(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2007
Hello dargly,
Fair day yo tou. It's like you work with FBN. Pls I want to ask you what we expect at the Training school. Will there be Lectures and all that? Is it true they still conduct Exams at the end of the Training and that some people may still be dropped.
Also, what advice will you give me towards the training? I was posted to Jos.
Thanks for your care.
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by darqly(m): 6:53pm On May 26, 2007
@ bryton, congrats to you too!! Jos? As in the training school or your first branch?
Anyway, there will be lectures(7am-7pm), there will be weekly tests as well, before the final exam at the end of the induction programme. Some people will still be dropped but you'd have to contribute ACTIVELY to be dropped at this stage grin, so the ball is really in your court.
Before you're confirmed, there's a confirmation test as well.

Most importantly, make sure all your credentials are as you said they were i.e Qualifications, AGE,Referees et al. FBN takes time to research your background and staff have been dismissed after 3 or more years because some of their credentials didn't tally with what they declared.
Training school is boot-camp so put your back into it for the 3 weeks man. But still, there will be barbeques,a party, sports and games, talent hunt, the whole shindig!! After all, all work and no play,
Cheers Mate.
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by 1derful(f): 7:42pm On May 26, 2007
Hello nairalanders,
I just finished the firstBank's training yesterday and i want to clarify some things here.
First is that everyone will be treated like kings & queens there, pls enjoy it while it last o. The early morning exercise is not too stressful and as a matter of fact , you will not need to buy food or snacks there as you'll be overfed and there's lot of parties to attend compulsorily on the eve of ur exams. But, the money, the money, is not what i'm seeing on these forum, d take home is not even up to 61K someone posted. They said they've reviewed it, evry1 wonders why it did not reflect in our letters of Appointment.
The bottom line is that : Prepare your mind very well, it s not a bad place to start something and you will have to study well to pass ur exams.

I WISH U ALL THE BEST!
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by dogarij: 12:30am On May 28, 2007
1derful, I likked the way you summarised your tok. U sound intelligent, anyway, First Bank is really on the REFORMATION now, so some guddies to soon emerge. Just be patient with them for now, do not compare to other banks as per pay-wise, u'll soon not regret being there. Wish you all successful guys the best and, please, work well, to the best of ur abilty, you are privileged don't forget, so many are still out there. Best Of Luck!
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by sanctity: 1:36pm On May 28, 2007
Please, Is it the posting after they have postponed the induction training or before.Because it seems like some people didn't get the postponement txt.
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by spoilt(f): 5:00am On May 29, 2007
congrats.
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by pamelpee(f): 2:58pm On May 29, 2007
hi nairalanders pls can anyone give me clarifications regarding the postponement of the 2nd batch induction cos i didn't get the text.cheers!
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by ojimaojo(f): 3:29pm On May 29, 2007
Congrats to every one that got a job with THE BIG ELEPHANT. 1derful, the salary paid to first bank employees varies due to location, there are 3 different categories of locations here namely A B AND C, this are categorized by the human capital department of the bank according to the cost of living in different cities, so that 61k is for category A employees but with the new salary increment u are sure to be smiling home every month.

Come to think of it, has anyone of you bought First bank shares?Its currently in the market and goes for N33 per share, right issue N31.The minimum u can buy is 500 units at N16,500. So hurry and get yours.

I wish all of you guys a successful and wonderful career with THE BIG ONE.
Re: A Testimony Through First Bank by Attah23(m): 10:37pm On Jan 28, 2019
Nice info but everyone was silent on the cut-off score that earned you this

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancies @ Occenic Bank And Globalcomm {v/i Branch} / Zain1836 - Part Time - Students Only (Kuwait!) / Travel Agents (ticketting/reservation) Required In Abuja And Lagos Branch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.