Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Shaky Prawns - Getting Lost In Lagos With Your Chop Life Gang - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Shaky Prawns - Getting Lost In Lagos With Your Chop Life Gang (667 Views)

Itoro Food Stuff -oron Crayfish - Prawns - Snails - Palm Oil - Bonga Fish Supply / See N16,000 Prawns And Plantain Served At A Lagos Hotel / Seafoods (crab,prawns,tilapia,shrimps) In ILORIN/OFFA/OYO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shaky Prawns - Getting Lost In Lagos With Your Chop Life Gang by Smilingkemi(f): 10:57am On Nov 25, 2019
Lately, when I think about the new evolvements in Lagos with restaurants and bars opening up everytime, I feel like I’m Lost in Lagos. I mean, its getting really trendy and fun in Lagos. Trust me if you have so much you can enjoy yourself in Lagos, no need to run anywhere.

Anyway, Welcome back!!

‘Don’t forget to smile, you never know who is falling for your smile.’

So SmilingKemi decided to go spot haunting in Lagos despite the heavy traffic after work. Its safe to say she prefers hanging out after work than spending that time in traffic. I mean use a stone to kill two birds, right?

To be honest, when you visit some places in Lagos it makes you feel like you travelled away from the country, giving you the feel of another country in your country.

Can I just talk a bit about my spot? I had a meetup with my chop life gang partner at this spot. I went to a restaurant this time around (yes, we all love food).

Entry;
On my arrival at the restaurant, I was fascinated by the entry. It felt like a red carpet entry but in this case it was a well layered green turf with concrete slabs over it with beautiful white stones and lights by the edges. The entry also had a beautiful array of potted plants, flowers. Right from the entrance you can spot the moonlight hues which reminded me about ‘Tales by moonlight” – a Tv show where kids gather around the presenter for a story. I still remember the sound of the music. Well, this happened while I was a kid.
The well layered green turf with concrete slabs over with beautiful white stones, lights and potted flowers

The Ladies/Gents;
When I entered, I was in a hurry to defecate because it turned out I had too much water to drink before leaving work and so all I wanted to do was ease myself. That was the first thing I asked for despite the greeting I got. I got directed to the restroom and I must say I love what I saw. While washing my hands, I noticed how the tissue rolls were folded with the mini towels to use after hand-wash (all in a mini weaved black & grey basket).

It was my first time seeing a restroom neatly arranged, it also had a seat where you can relax to sit. Oh wow, I got engaged right there with a woman who just traveled from her country to Nigeria and she kept talking about how wonderful the restaurant was. Whilst trying to adjust our make-up (the woman and I), the discussion continued (we totally forgot it was the restroom). Regardless, that conversation lit up my mood for the dinner.

The only thing I had with the restroom is that its one for female and male each so you have to take turns.(I don’t think that’s cool). I’mma be real, I changed to my heels whilst I was in the rest-room. (A lady has to slay, lol).

The dining;
After leaving the restroom, I went to look for my friend but we later changed where we sat. Guess where we sat? Boom, I saw a long couch with long array of mirrors(to be honest, it crossed my mind to lie down and sleep as the couch was so comfy). I moved over to the other side which was a single seat and I was captivated with the ray of lights in a ball-like shaped hung on top.

Drinks;
At some point while trying to get my balance as I hadn’t taken pictures to my satisfaction, my friend needed a drink and called one of the attendants. He brought out the drink menu. So he ordered for “Once in a blue moon” (a mixture of Vodka, Blue Curacao & Blueberry). When I saw it, I was shocked because its just a shot. I think the drink took him to the moon (lol).

As for me; I got captivated by the Shirley Moon Temple (I wondered what that would taste like) so I ordered it. It’s a classic –grenadine with a touch of moon magic). Although it was pretty much I couldn’t finish it.

While waiting to be served, went out to take more pictures so y’all can see how fancy it is.

Ambience;
I got attracted by the garden which was also arrayed by candles. It was a beautiful sight to behold.
There’s also a long round table for group meetings/ hangouts inside. I love the sight of the bar when you come in with different bottles and the bartender mixing things up.

At night;
The lights were reduced to a less brighter light with some good oldies to give it a more quiet feel. Need I mention the blue light on each table? Oh, lovebirds this is romantic. Although I didn’t find that fancy because at that point I was about to eat (I’m sorry I didn’t mean to break everyone’s vibe). So I had to call their attention to it for the light to be increased which was.

Customer service
While trying to look around for a change in seat, one of the staffs thought I needed something and so he came to ask me politely what I needed. That to me is a level of sensitivity which I adore. I also loved the fact that one of the staff was sighting some spots for me to take pictures. Hilarious, I know but I love it.

Food;
Honestly, I was confused on what to order as I had no idea. The names of each meal is fascinating enough for a try-out. So all I wanted was to eat seafood and so I stumbled on “Shaky Prawns’. A Lagos style prawns poutine with caramelized onion & mushroom sauce. I’m not a fan of mushrooms so I ate the two big sized prawns alone without the sauce which was so filling for me. I had a complimentary bread basket courtesy of the house which wasn’t bad. Although I didn’t like the cracker (was kinda spicy for me).

Ratings:
Ambience: 4 stars
Food & Drink: 4 stars
Customer service: 4 stars
Comfort; 5 stars. It was very comfy.
Value for money: 5 stars. You get good value for your money.

Cost;
Shirley Moon Temple – N2500
Once in a blue moon – N2000
Shaky Prawns – N5000

Conclusion;
Alas, I felt super relaxed after a stressful day at work. I had to remind myself of work the next day so I could get going. It’s a good place to relax and dine. So visit Vanilla Moon Lagos situated at 2 Saka Jojo, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Did you enjoy this article? Feel free to share.

Read more; https://smilingkemi.com/getting-lost-in-lagos-with-your-chop-life-gang/

Re: Shaky Prawns - Getting Lost In Lagos With Your Chop Life Gang by mokt(m): 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nice one, maybe you should Invite me next time.

Hope to hear back from you.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Shaky Prawns - Getting Lost In Lagos With Your Chop Life Gang by Smilingkemi(f): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2019
Thank you mokt. That's not a problem. You can catch up with me on Instagram via this link for more. https://www.instagram.com/smilingkemi/ or see more on my blog. www.smilingkemi.com

(1) (Reply)

Chivita Ice Tea Contains “no Preservatives” In Its Recipe / How To Prepare Ugba / Get Your Beer Or Drinks Cool In Less Than 10 Minute Using Salt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.