Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,271 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model (1720 Views)

Pls I Need Honest Review On Nissan Serena 2.0 / Please I Need Your Advice On Nissan Quest 2012 / Electrical Faults, Brain Box, Burnt Coil, New Engine On Nissan Moran 04 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by babatee1985(m): 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Good afternoon nairalanders, I just want your advice. There is a friend of mine who is a road safety official and he owns a Nissan Altima 2000 model. He told me he is interested in selling the car coz he needs to upgrade to SUV due to the bad road that leads to his house. I know he takes good care of the car very well and he never for once complain about the car. He service it as at when due, he recently bought four new tyres and the AC is very chilling with very good engine and gear. He said he is selling it for 350k last but I told him I'm interested that he should sell it for me as paddy stuff. I told him all I can afford is 200k but he said if I can make it 250k he will let it go since we are good friends.
Here are my questions...
1. I don't get good reviews about this car model here on nairaland coz many people do condemn the car a lot. Is the price (250k) worth it?
2. Is there any room for future problems about the car?
3. Should I risk it or just keep my money and look for another car within that range of 250k?
I will appreciate your responses from all angles. Thank you all.
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by seriousthing(m): 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2019
op I was in the same delima 6 months ago. I saw a used 1998 Nissan Altima for sale in Abuja. I quickly came to nairaland for review and what I saw here discouraged me. so I decided to seek for users review on CarGurus.
Users review on CarGurus show 99.8 percent positive review. finally I bought the car, 6 months down, I have only change oil and nothing more.
1997-2001 Nissan Altima has no issue and the auto gear last almost forever if you use the recommended transmission fluid.
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by babatee1985(m): 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
seriousthing:
op I was in the same delima 6 months ago. I saw a used 1998 Nissan Altima for sale in Abuja. I quickly came to nairaland for review and what I saw here discouraged me. so I decided to seek for users review on CarGurus.
Users review on CarGurus show 99.8 percent positive review. finally I bought the car, 6 months down, I have only change oil and nothing more.
1997-2001 Nissan Altima has no issue and the auto gear last almost forever if you use the recommended transmission fluid.
God bless you my dear brother. I am very okay with your feedback since you also use the type of car. I will give it a shot too... Thanks so much boss

1 Like

Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by seriousthing(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2019
babatee1985:
God bless you my dear brother. I am very okay with your feedback since you also use the type of car. I will give it a shot too... Thanks so much boss
You are welcome.
All you need to do is test drive the car and if you cannot check the car yourself, involve a mechanic at least he can tell you about the state of the engine and others things that may need attention.
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by seriousthing(m): 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2019
Another thing you may wish to know is that the economy of Nissan Altima is awesome. I have used Toyota Camry before now. but the fuel economy of Nissan Altima beat Toyota Camry hands down.
Early Nissan Altimas comes with 2.4 engine while Toyota Camry is 2.2 engine but I keep imagining the technology used by Nissan to achieve a better fuel economy.
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by babatee1985(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
seriousthing:
Another thing you may wish to know is that the economy of Nissan Altima is awesome. I have used Toyota Camry before now. but the fuel economy of Nissan Altima beat Toyota Camry hands down.
Early Nissan Altimas comes with 2.4 engine while Toyota Camry is 2.2 engine but I keep imagining the technology used by Nissan to achieve a better fuel economy.
Thank you for the enlightment my dear bro. Will feed you back with pictures after the purchase sir. God bless you sir
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by RZArecta2(m): 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
250k with sound engine and transmission means you should buy the car though it’s better you get a paid mechanic for pre-inspection in case there are unknown problems. There a lore a couple of them here who can offer their services to you for a fair price cc gazzuzz

I’ll say buy it though
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by babatee1985(m): 12:17am On Nov 26, 2019
RZArecta2:
250k with sound engine and transmission means you should buy the car though it’s better you get a paid mechanic for pre-inspection in case there are unknown problems. There a lore a couple of them here who can offer their services to you for a fair price cc gazzuzz

I’ll say buy it though
okay boss. Thanks a lot sir

1 Like

Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 26, 2019
babatee1985:
okay boss. Thanks a lot sir
Pictures and contact details of the seller
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by larrypourl(m): 9:04am On Nov 26, 2019
It's a good car with big engine. Don't compare the fuel consumption of 2.4 to Camry 01 2.2 engine.
In terms of fuel economy Camry beats it hands down but when it comes to power, give it to the Altima. The car is a beast with swift acceleration.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 26, 2019
larrypourl:
It's a good car with big engine. Don't compare the fuel consumption of 2.4 to Camry 01 2.2 engine.
In terms of fuel economy Camry beats it hands down but when it comes to power, give it to the Altima. The car is a beast with swift acceleration.
I am getting confused. Please post the picture of the car we are talking about?
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by larrypourl(m): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2019
Smartchoiice:

I am getting confused. Please post the picture of the car we are talking about?

Pictures of the car in wine below. We use both cars and can tell you Camry is fuel economical than that Altima.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by seriousthing(m): 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
larrypourl:
Larry I don't need to argue with you. I drove Nissan Altima from Abuja to MAKURDI with 4k fuel.
I have done thesame journey severally with Toyota Camry 2.2 and the much I used is 5.5 -6k fuel.
If your Nissan Altima consumes more than your Camry then maybe your catalyst is bad or tempered with.
you can Google the fuel mpg of both cars
I rest my case
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by TPound(m): 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
RZArecta2:

I’ll say buy it though

Gazzuzz and Nissan?

His worst nightmare

P. S. If you are still skeptical about the altima, please pass me the connect,... I'll settle you...

The one I sold to a nairalander who took it down to Uyo, he's still using that horse till now... maybe me too should hold one too in case all these big big cars with me fail...

That car is ever ready... Always on point... Check my profile for the one I sold then.... I sold it for 420 then
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by RZArecta2(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
TPound:

Gazzuzz and Nissan?

His worst nightmare

P. S. If you are still skeptical about the altima, please pass me the connect,... I'll settle you...

The one I sold to a nairalander who took it down to Uyo, he's still using that horse till now... maybe me too should hold one too in case all these big big cars with me fail...

That car is ever ready... Always on point... Check my profile for the one I sold then.... I sold it for 420 then
cheii !! Na me fùck up, I’d completely forgotten this side but since na money matter he might consider na

Op, just go with a good mechanic sha though from what you say, I feel it’s worth the risk
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by babatee1985(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
grin grin[center][/center] grin
Smartchoiice:

Pictures and contact details of the seller
Haba chief you want to hijack my parole ...lol
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
babatee1985:
grin grin[center][/center] grin Haba chief you want to hijack my parole ...lol
let me epp you
Re: Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model by larrypourl(m): 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
seriousthing:

Larry I don't need to argue with you. I drove Nissan Altima from Abuja to MAKURDI with 4k fuel.
I have done thesame journey severally with Toyota Camry 2.2 and the much I used is 5.5 -6k fuel.
If your Nissan Altima consumes more than your Camry then maybe your catalyst is bad or tempered with.
you can Google the fuel mpg of both cars
I rest my case

Your Camry must be faulty to use more fuel than the Altima, also I'll refer you to the Google you spoke about. Feel free to consult it and confirm. I'm giving you first hand experience on both cars.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Benin/warri This Guy Can Ring Your Car Engine Of Any Make 2 Last 2 Years At Le / Why Nigerians Hate Hybrids / How Prepared Is Your Car For That Journey?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.