Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Which Radio Station In Nigeria Is The Best For PPA - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Which Radio Station In Nigeria Is The Best For PPA (2540 Views)

I'm Searching For PPA In Ogun State / Looking For PPA In Sango-ota, Ogun State / Best Place For PPA In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Radio Station In Nigeria Is The Best For PPA by jojocity: 12:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Good day Nairalanders,

I studied Mass Communication and I want to be a Radio Presenter. I know how to produce Jingles and Station IDs. I also know how to write, edit and read the news. All things being equal, I should be going for service next year March. Which radio station do you think accepts Youth Corpers, allows them go on air and pays them

This is a huge factor in determining the state to be posted too. As far as the station does the above things mentioned, I can go and serve there no matter the location of the station.

Please if your PPA was in a radio station, how did you get there How do you advise I go about it

I have Abuja and Ibadan in mind as the places to choose for my service because of the large number of radio stations there but I'm confused as to which will accept me and allow me go on air as a full time presenter.

I'm hardworking and my previous experiences has been in my Campus Radio where I served as Presenter and also Head of Production.

Your advice is kindly needed. You can help someone fulfill his dream.
Thanks.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Front Page Please.
Re: Which Radio Station In Nigeria Is The Best For PPA by lukui: 12:35am On Nov 27, 2019
try Radio Nigeria stations nearest to you. if they don't need corper at present, tell them to refer you to another station (state, federal or private)

why I said Radio Nigeria is that they have equipments and experienced workers who are very versatile in mass com. Though they might be old guys but they are knowledgeable. if you are ready to learn you will enjoy them.

if that doesn't work, try wazobia or cool FM, but I don't know their status presently sha!!

burn your bridge, leave you comfort zone and follow your dreams (never look back)

2 Likes

Re: Which Radio Station In Nigeria Is The Best For PPA by jojocity: 12:55am On Nov 27, 2019
lukui:

try Radio Nigeria stations nearest to you. if they don't need corper at present, tell them to refer you to another station (state, federal or private)

why I said Radio Nigeria is that they have equipments and experienced workers who are very versatile in mass com. Though they might be old guys but they are knowledgeable. if you are ready to learn you will enjoy them.

if that doesn't work, try wazobia or cool FM, but I don't know their status presently sha!!

burn your bridge, leave you comfort zone and follow your dreams (never look back)

Thank you for this. I will try this out.

1 Like

Re: Which Radio Station In Nigeria Is The Best For PPA by Phunkyposh(f): 8:51am On Nov 27, 2019
Hello, The first advice i will give you is to be open minded.

I served in a radio station and didn't study Mass com but i have always been a huge fan of radio. it was a great training ground for me .

You can join OBS (Orientation Broadcasting Service) in camp to start with. you can possibly meet like minds there.

Furthermore, even if you don't get a radio station to serve, volunteer to work at anyone within where you serve.

Regards
Re: Which Radio Station In Nigeria Is The Best For PPA by jojocity: 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2019
More opinions please

(1) (Reply)

My Grouse With NYSC Corp Members that are Graduate of Medicine and Surgery / Batch C14 Stream 2 Let's Meet Here / Corpers Needed In Ikeja, LAGOS (salary Range #30,000-#50,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.