Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,517 members, 7,854,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:50 PM

UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria (30028 Views)

Rufus Giwa Polytechnic School Fees For 2019/2020 Session - Talkgeria / UNILORIN Post UTME Result 2019 Is Out - Talkgeria / Yabatech Cut Off Mark For 2019/2020 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Caseless: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
FortifiedCity:
This is kinda cheap
Till I graduated, the highest I paid as a student was 22k(this was even due to late reg). We paid 19k and it's a prestigious federal university. Hostel accommodation fee was just 90 naira before we got in, but was increased to 7k in our time.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
FortifiedCity:
This is kinda cheap
my school we pay 35000
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
my almamater!
paid 30000 naira in final year in faculty of health sciences.
Now studying medicine in a private university paying 2.5 million naira.
The only difference is the small class size, conducive environment and most current medical equipment/instruments but its still the same teachers/lecturers.
Anytime I remember how much I paid then and what I am paying now, I regret why I didn't pursue medicine then.

Las las, instead of reading one nonsense course in a federal university, better go to a state or private university and read a course that will be relevant in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Farmafric(m): 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
obiaksnews:
Though it is sad, but this is the damage being done to Nigeria when Medical personnel and other people of other professions migrate in their numbers overseas to seek for greener pastures, mind you i don't blame the individuals involved. Looking at the above figures above, one can not help but notice that education in Nigeria is being subsidized to it's barest minimum. But yet advanced countries where it cost millions of naira to pay a session's school fees get to get these professionals after the Nigerian Government have subsidized their education and in return the services of these experts which are supposed to benefit Nigerians are being stolen for little or nothing. Going forward, I think the government needs to create better employment opportunities and working environment to keeps our experts back in the country.God bless Nigeria.

Very few persons realise this. Even the beneficiaries often don't appreciate what the mother nation is doing for us. On the other hand I don't blame the individual that migrated, graduates are paid peanut.

1 Like

Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by true2god: 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
Terenike:
Interesting
These is a lie and you are an unrepentant criminal. You scammed my friends and use their WhatsApp numbers to defraud people who are in their contact list.
May God punish you and your crew members. It won't be well with you.
Please Family, the offer below is a scam, DO NOT give him your WhatsApp mobile number or else he will steal it and personalize your WhatsApp number for different nefarious activities. If you check his numbers before, he has changed it for another one. He has over 30 monikers on Nairaland.

Be warned!

Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Farmafric(m): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
narijoel:
People like you are one of the problems we have in Nigeria, always accepting mediocrity as normal.Maybe you are well-to-do and do not understand the present realities that most Nigerian parents and youths face.How is education the one thing going for us in Nigeria? I don't understand, did you check the amount budgeted for education in the recently presented budget.In a country where the government is still battling to pay #30000 minimum wage and the citizens are being taxed from left to right. Yet you you think this school fees is very very affordable. Have you forgotten how much was paid for school fees in public institutions when we were growing up with many scholarship opportunities, something that our leaders also benefited from?So higher education is not meant for the poor abi, only the rich.Just continue, if you remain in Nigeria, this youths who could not afford this education may be the ones terrorizing you and your children in future, then you would be most grateful to Nigeria as you wrote.

Negative mindset! See Nigeria from a different perspective. Even if education is free, some will still not go to school. It's awesome what Nigeria is doing for her citizens via Federal schools etc.
Now, learn to choose your words!
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Yankee101: 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
Thank God for federal universities
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Obiaksnews: 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
Obiaksnews:
Though it is sad, but this is the damage being done to Nigeria when Medical personnel and people of other professions migrate in their numbers overseas to seek for greener pastures, mind you i don't blame the individuals involved. Looking at the above figures above, one can not help but notice that education in Nigeria is being subsidized to it's barest minimum. But yet advanced countries where it cost millions of naira to pay a session's school fees get to get these professionals after the Nigerian Government have subsidized their education and in return the services of these experts which are supposed to benefit Nigerians are being stolen for little or nothing. Going forward, I think the government needs to create better employment opportunities and working environment to keeps our experts back in the country.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by clockwisereport: 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
ProudBoy:
Paid around 70k in total from Year 1-4 @ABU.

when was that?
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by dfrost: 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nnaabros:

I'm most likely far younger than you.

I believe you. But I never paid 7k school fees nah cheesy tongue. Na you talk am cheesy
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by dfrost: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

grin Every jamb candidate is dying to get a cold room mark. Keeps me wondering why though.

What the name of your school again?

Ojuelegba School of Hardknocks cheesy grin
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by birdmansoho: 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
I know this wouldn’t sound well to many but you can’t get a good quality education and quality facilities with tuition fees like the ones I’m seeing here. Education is costly and it cost a lot to provide sustainable quality of education. So, the next time any of you try to ridicule our tertiary institutions and comparing it to what is obtainable in the West try and juxtapose the costs.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2019
dfrost:

Ojuelegba School of Hardknocks cheesy grin

Hot room man. grin

4 Likes

Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Malawian(m): 2:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
I saw ABSU Medical students own just yesterday. N300k plus.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by dfrost: 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

Hot room man. grin

cheesy grin Bad guy
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by WizBLANCE(m): 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2019
qualityovenbake:
By the time you add other necessary voluntary fees to the school fees the total will be above N200k

Except the student want to cheat his/her parents

UNN fee is as simple as stated...
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Narijoel(m): 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
Farmafric:

Negative mindset! See Nigeria from a different perspective. Even if education is free, some will still not go to school. It's awesome what Nigeria is doing for her citizens via Federal schools etc.
Now, learn to choose your words!
Here we go again sadchanging perspective will not change the realities, no need to prolong arguments but I think you should apply your last advice to yourself, using words like "very very affordable" & "awesome" does not qualify as an appropriate description of the education that one gets or is given in Nigeria unless you never schooled in a public University in Nigeria or attended one outside Nigeria to know what affordability and awesomeness in all about.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
dfrost:

I believe you. But I never paid 7k school fees nah cheesy tongue. Na you talk am cheesy

Don't conclude oh. When I left uni in 2010 my fees then was 7.7k; and I graduated at a very young age.

I'm definitely not a daddy to you. Appreciate the respect all the same cheesy
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by acekhalifa(m): 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
UNN's tuition fees is quite expensive compared to the ABU's. The highest a new student pays in ABU regardless of their faculty should be N31,500 and returning students pay N22,000, if I remember correctly.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by SolarHub(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
Very cheap
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Mosco100(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
spiceadole:
Education in Nigeria is cheap!
And is the economy.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Mosco100(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
spiceadole:
And so is the cost of living in Nigeria high with a low standard.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by contigiency(m): 3:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
enemmo:

By the time you buy three textbooks, you will understand

How much is the usual three books that you use in one year to compare to about 8 or 9 you buy per semester when you are reading other causes? That's about 18 texts in a year.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by dfrost: 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nnaabros:

Don't conclude oh. When I left uni in 2010 my fees then was 7.7k; and I graduated at a very young age.

I'm definitely not a daddy to you. Appreciate the respect all the same cheesy

You are a daddy joor. 2010 + 10 (20 years + 9 years = 29). Accept your daddy title oga.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
spiceadole:
your fada dia
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ireboya:
Very cost ..we pay 16k in my sch
which school
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by CSmooth: 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
LIES!!!

I'm an alumni as well as 3 of my siblings and only 1 was helped to switch to the department of her choice cause she didn't make the cut off for the course of her choice but got supplemental admission into a related department. All 3 of us got in on MERIT, we didn't know ANYONE AT ALL

kulrunsman79:
UNN is quite affordable but the only major obstacle is getting admission in there. The admission racketeering that is ongoing is something else. Despite scoring high in JAMB and doing well in Post UME, you need to pay heavily to scale through...
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
kulrunsman79:
UNN is quite affordable but the only major obstacle is getting admission in there. The admission racketeering that is ongoing is something else. Despite scoring high in JAMB and doing well in Post UME, you need to pay heavily to scale through...
I don't know what influence your comment but I can categorically tell you that, if you merited the admission, you won't be denied.
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Bleiz(m): 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
contigiency:
So with all the bragging from law and medical students, they are still paying almost the same thing others are paying. So what's the noise about high cost of training a Doctor?

Government is bearing the remaining cost
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by nwakibie3(m): 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nsarug80:

The Den was fun those days especially evenings in front of Lady Ibiam & the noisemakers in IJ & GH.

You be super lion true true grin

What year?
Re: UNN School Fees 2019/2020 Session – Talkgeria by Ubdavis(m): 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2019
My ALMA MATER! The fees are relatively cheap...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Pius Ojemolon Bags 19 Awards At University Of Benin Convocation / 21 Tips To Make Distinction In All Your Courses As A Nigerian Undergraduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.