Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria (37065 Views)

CKC Onitsha Emerged Victorious At The World Affairs Challenge (WAC) / CKC Onitsha Defeats US, Turkey Schools To Emerge Winner In A Global Competition. / CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors In A Roll At A Record Break- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Anambralstson: 11:46am On Nov 27, 2019
Christ the King College, Onitsha (CKC), popularly known as CKC Onitsha, or Amaka Boys, is an all-boys secondary school in Onitsha, Nigeria. It is ranked the number 1 (the best) high school in Nigeria and 36th in the top 100 best high schools in Africa as of February 2014. It was founded on 2 February 1933, by the late Archbishop Charles Heerey, CSSP, and his fellow Irish missionaries. Bishop Heerey remained the proprietor of the school until his death in the spring of 1967. The chief mission of the school is to develop indigenous manpower and leadership skills from the vast pool of Nigerian youths and in a Roman Catholic tradition and environment. The first principal of the college was Rev Fr. Leo Brolly and the first student to be admitted into the college was Peter Charles Obi Nwagbogu

The three governors CKC produced are Peter Obi, Willie Obiano and Peter Odili former Rivers state,
other notable personalities that attended CKC Onitsha are:
* Olisa Agbakoba (b 29 May 1953) lawyer, former president of Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, and human rights activist.[9]

*Justice Anthony Aniagolu, judge and chairman of the 1988–89 Constituent Assembly

*Justice Chukwunweike Idigbe, Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria

*Archbishop Valerian M. Okeke (b 20 October 1953) Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Onitsha since 1 September 2003

*Dr. Pius N.C. Okigbo (6 February 1924 – 2000) economist from Ojoto

*John Munonye (April 1929 – 10 May 1999), one of the most prolific Nigerian literary writers of the 20th century, and author of The Only Son (African Writers Series) among many others.

*Justice Chukwudifu Akunne Oputa (b 22 September 1924) (retired Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria), former Chairman of the Human Rights Violation and Investigation Commission (popularly called Oputa Panel)

*Prof. Patrick Utomi (b 6 February 1956) Founder Lagos Business School, African Democratic Congress presidential candidate (2007)

*Ezeolisa Allagoa 1st Indigenous Chief Judge of Old Rivers State and Amanyanabo of Neale.

*Mr Oseloka H. Obaze, (b 9 April 1955) Diplomat, politician and author.

*Dr. Philip Emeagwali.

*Senator Michael Ajegbo and so other many personalities.

24 Likes

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Anambralstson: 11:49am On Nov 27, 2019
More from CKC

5 Likes

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Anambralstson: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2019
More from CKC.

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Anambralstson: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
Lalasticlala Dr

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by donbachi(m): 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
wow!..very colourful.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Anambralstson: 12:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
CKC Onitsha is One of the oldest schools but still well maintained by mission and state government

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by sweetonugbu: 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
Is there any snake there?.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Jordan97: 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
grin
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by vincentjk(m): 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
Astark:
Always seeking validation just to feel good.

Nawa for these people

Don't be a hater bro, always appreciate a good thing

Ugoeze2016:
What is the essence of the post in the first place?
How is this going to put food on local confused man's table?

CKC amaka grin

46 Likes

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Akposkool(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy8__DP3VAU

Angry Protesters ransack National Assembly over Hate Speech / Social media bill
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Astark: 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
Igbo people and unnecessary things

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Ugoeze2016: 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
What is the essence of the post in the first place?
How is this going to put food on local confused man's table?

5 Likes

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Wuuworld(m): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
I was the house Captain of Heerey House 2008/2009.

Primus Interpares!!!!!!

Three Cheers for C.K.C!!!!!

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by partnerbizn5(m): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
This post evokes nostalgic feelings.

CKC was arguably the best secondary school in Nigeria at some point.

The same road harbours the female counterpart --QRC onitsha. The road was Oguta Road. It led to the dreaded Upper Iweka on the one hand and DMGS on the other end.

Attending this school was likened to working in CBN or Shell. It was the numero uno, the primus inter pares and Rolls Royce of secondary school then.

What's more, only the most brilliant students were picked.

The school was a legacy left by the Spiritan missionaries in the good old days.

Let me remember the chemistry teacher that loved me in SS1. "Aunty" I have not forgotten. I struggled at some point, owing to a lot of issues ranging from finance to distance and lack of coordination. She understood that I was hardworking and encouraged me.

In JSS3, my class mates sent me to the cleaners.----
Like Ben Carson who was the best in local Detroit but couldn't compete in Yale where all the best brains were camped-----

I was the best in my local league in JSS2 but couldn't compete with way smarter chaps who were all gathered together and kept in JSS3A. That was the practice. The best students from previous year are put in A, B, C etc classes.

I was later to become an 'ART' student to the chagrin of many. For they thought that only dull students went for Arts. But it was for a purpose. A definite one.

I can still recall the days of Mr NE Olisah, who was the most menacing principal.

Teachers bow to let him pass while the students kowtow.

Three cheers for CKC.

UP CKC

Bonitas , disciplina scientia.

Ka emesia.
Nwa otu.

111 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by elotajohn1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
My name no dey there
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Astark: 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2019

Nawa for these people

7 Likes

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Kevinsamba: 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
Very lovely school

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by mickykhe(m): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
Lol
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
So if I want to be a governor.

I should attend ckc Onitsha?

8 Likes

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
Na so...

Including QRC Onitsha.. Queen of the Rosary College

8 Likes

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Bshowguy(m): 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
Next thing
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by KelvinC1(m): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
Hi
Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by HonFuga: 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
Omo dis boi head no b here ooooo... E b lik sey na d head boi b dis

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Godons1: 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
This is the only good news that's coming from the East, in the past months.

Na wa oo.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Laniyilana(m): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
donbachi:
wow!..very colourful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by prizlezzlalasky(f): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
One of the best.

1 Like

Re: CKC Onitsha Produced 3 Governors And Notable Personalities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
Astark:

Nawa for these people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice / Hilarious Letter Of A Secondary School Girl / FUTA Students Made To Kneel Down By Lecturer (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.