Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate (34640 Views)

N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy / Man Constructs And Drives A Weird Type Of Vehicle (pics/video) / Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 29, 2019
mayskit4luv:

3 months! Before the permanent is issued! Or still, can be re validated if not out within the stipulated time.

The temporary one can it be useful or be of the same value with the permanent one just like National Identity card?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by kemjoe: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2019
Please do the same for Rivers State.
Can you also inform us of what the police should check on the road. I keep get conflicting request from the police on what to provide on the road.
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by twinskenny(m): 8:49am On Nov 29, 2019
I paid 15k for my drivers license 5years...

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Foxie: 8:50am On Nov 29, 2019
demmanuel78:
. But why not just register it once and for all. Assuming your old car number plates is a Lagos number plate, you can use it on your new vehicle. You will only pay the fee for existing number plates and new vehicle documentation
Please how much does this paying for existing number plates and new vehicle documentation cost?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Mcreloaded(m): 8:50am On Nov 29, 2019
stevmatt:

I am going for Army recruitment screening Next Week 8th December,, and I applied as a driver,,, can I go there with the temporary one or it is going to be useless there?

When i got mine some years back i can say with an emphatic fact that the temporary slip did everything expected of the normal drivers licence except as a means of identification in banks etc.
The temporary slip is recognised and respected by those in charge to check for drivers licence.
Least i forget i think there is an expirey date on the temporary slip and if you have not been called to collect your drivers licence go and renew the temporary slip which is very easy

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by mrkels(m): 8:51am On Nov 29, 2019
Mcreloaded:
This should be the official price, the normal price i am sure is higher than this prices you have listed if not you will wait for ages and you will not see any document, go and ask those that went through normal process for driver licence

Went for normal process drivers license and got it .
You don’t need to pay extra .
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 29, 2019
demmanuel78:
You can’t get it next week if you are a fresh applicant. Firstly, you have to enroll to driving for a driving school certificate

The temporal slip they give, can FRSC AND POLICE accept it.?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:53am On Nov 29, 2019
Ha this tout just ask a friend to bring 55k for change of ownership.. And 6k for road..
Lagos state should just arrest all dis people.. Wetin I dey talk self? all of dem na same thing..

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by xaggar(m): 8:56am On Nov 29, 2019
All these should be far cheaper today... It's black Friday afterall!
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Mcreloaded(m): 8:59am On Nov 29, 2019
mrkels:

Went for normal process drivers license and got it .
You don’t need to pay extra .

Wow thats really nice please help out this guy stevmatt on naira land he has been asking for information as per how many days it takes and how much
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by b3llo(m): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

According to Motor Vehicle Administration Agency (MVAA), these are the rates of their products/services. Some of them include plate number acquisition, vehicle licensing, change of ownership & registration, etc.

This will give you a clear picture of how much you have to set aside to get your car plying Nigerian roads with no disturbances from the various authorities. This list will also save you from being extorted by touts.

A NUMBER PLATES

1. Standard Number Plate – N12,500
2. Number Plate Renewal – N10,000
3. Articulated Number Plate – N20,000
4. Out of Service – N40,000
5. Fancy Number Plate (Standard) – N80,000
6. Fancy Number Plate (Motor Cycle) – N30,000
7. Motorcycle Plate (Ordinary) – N3,000
8. Number Plate Replacement (Standard) – N10,000
9. Motor Dealer Plate (Special) – N30,000
10. Motor Dealers Plate (Ordinary) – N25,000

B. COST OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION

1 Weighing & Registration Fee
a. Motor Vehicle – N5,000
b. Motor Cycle – N1,250

C. CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP

a. Motor Vehicle – N2,500
b. Motor Cycle – N625
D. CAPITAL GAIN TAX

a. Motor Vehicle – N625
b. Motor Cycle – N625

E. OTHER CHARGES

a. Police CMR – N1,000
b. Police Inspection Fee – N500
c. Custom Processing Fee – N500

F. VEHICLE LICENSE

a. Vehicle Below 1.6cc – N1,250
b. Vehicle BTW 1.6-2.0cc – N1,875
c. Vehicle BTW 2.0-3.0cc – N2,500
d. Vehicle Above 3.0cc – N2,125
e. Motorcycle Private – N625
f. Motorcycle Commercial – N1,250
g. Buses

1. Mini Buses/Pick-Up – N2,500
2 Hiace Buses – N3,125
3 Costal Buses – N3,250
h. Tipper & Lorries – N3,750
i. Tankers & Trucks/Luxurious Buses – N6,250
j. 16 Tyres Trailer – N8,750
k. Tractors & Bulldozers – N2,500
l. Vehicle Alert – N200

G. HACKNEY PERMIT CHARGES
VEHICLE TYPE

1. Taxi Cab – N3,525
2. Car Hire Services – N3,725
3. Kabukabu – N3,925
4. Vehicle with Capacity to Carry 1-21 Passengers – N4,475
5. Vehicle with Capacity to Carry more than 21 Passengers
but less than 40 Passengers – N5,475
6. Vehicle with Capacity to Carry more than 40 Passengers
but less than 50 Passengers – N6,475
7. Vehicle with Capacity to Carry more than 50 Passengers
and above – N8,475
8. Commercial Vehicles for Goods Above 3 Tons – N3,725
9. Commercial Vehicles 3 Tons – N4,725
10. Tankers – N6,475
11. Tippers – N6,475
12. Trailers – N6,475
13. Trucks – N6,225
14. Interstate – N3,225
15. Staff Bus – N3,425
16. Okada – N2,000
17. Tricycles – N 2,000

H. DRIVERS LICENSE

a. New License – N6,350
b. Renewal – N6,350
c. Learners Permit – N50
d. Riders Card – N800

I. REGISTRATION OF MOTOR VEHICLE & SPARE PARTS DEALERS

a. Registration of Motor Vehicle Dealers – N100,000
b. Registration of Motor Vehicle Spare Parts Dealers – N50,000
c. Registration Form (Motor Vehicles) – N5,000

We hope you found this post on cost of Number Plate, Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership & Registration interesting.

For more interesting and informative posts like this, visit AUTOJOSH

Source: https://autojosh.com/cost-lagos-number-plate-vehicle-licensing-registration/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Beurself1: 9:22am On Nov 29, 2019
Mcreloaded:
This should be the official price, the normal price i am sure is higher than this prices you have listed if not you will wait for ages and you will not see any document, go and ask those that went through normal process for driver licence
For clarification, contingency fees are not included. For vehicle registration after the aforementioned fees, Insurance and roadworthiness fees are not included.
For driver's licence registration, you first need to get the driving school certificate in which charges varies from one driving school to another. It is after d driving school certificate comes out that u can then print out form for the applicant before one can make the payment of "6,350" Thereafter, you proceed to VIO office for test in which one will be charged a particular fee before finally going for biometics and FRSC office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by mayskit4luv(m): 9:28am On Nov 29, 2019
stevmatt:

The temporary one can it be useful or be of the same value with the permanent one just like National Identity card?

Well, I'm not so sure! As 'TEMPORARY' is written on it with a validity of 2/3 months. Though I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Mcreloaded(m): 9:34am On Nov 29, 2019
Beurself1:

For clarification, contingency fees are not included. For vehicle registration after the aforementioned fees, Insurance and roadworthiness fees are not included.
For driver's licence registration, you first need to get the driving school certificate in which charges varies from one driving school to another. It is after d driving school certificate comes out that u can then print out form for the applicant before one can make the payment of "6,350" Thereafter, you proceed to VIO office for test in which one will be charged a particular fee before finally going for biometics and FRSC office.

This write up is way better explained. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by adetwin(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2019
Lagos price is different from online pricing ooo, don't be a MAGA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by princejones(m): 9:58am On Nov 29, 2019
I paid 15500k for driver's license renewal (5years)
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 29, 2019
Even with a UK licence One nigerian Traffic cop Demanded 10000 bribe from me.. Apparently, Acording to him, I am not allowed to Drive in Nigeria with a UK licence.

Eventually he was Embarrassed when he was told by his Superiors that he was wrong.
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Dewvy(m): 10:08am On Nov 29, 2019
I just paid 50k for mine. Changed ownership. I guess these are official prices. Kudos OP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by alfajohn: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2019
Agboriotejoye:
A tale of two prices.
My calculation gives 22k for a car I registered last month.
I paid a total of 50k
The standard is between 40k to 60k. Depending on the vehicle and your negotiating power. Registered an SUV for 45k two weeks ago. It is like when police say bail is free but very unlikely that you will leave the station without parting with a good sum of money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by RapportNaija(m): 10:52am On Nov 29, 2019
Hi AutoJoshNG, I sent you an email yesterday. I am yet to receive any response. Kindly revert, please. Thanks

AutoJoshNG:

According to Motor Vehicle Administration Agency (MVAA), these are the rates of their products/services. Some of them include plate number acquisition, vehicle licensing, change of ownership & registration, etc.

This will give you a clear picture of how much you have to set aside to get your car plying Nigerian roads with no disturbances from the various authorities. This list will also save you from being extorted by touts.

A NUMBER PLATES

1. Standard Number Plate – N12,500
2. Number Plate Renewal – N10,000
3. Articulated Number Plate – N20,000
4. Out of Service – N40,000
5. Fancy Number Plate (Standard) – N80,000
6. Fancy Number Plate (Motor Cycle) – N30,000
7. Motorcycle Plate (Ordinary) – N3,000
8. Number Plate Replacement (Standard) – N10,000
9. Motor Dealer Plate (Special) – N30,000
10. Motor Dealers Plate (Ordinary) – N25,000

B. COST OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION

1 Weighing & Registration Fee
a. Motor Vehicle – N5,000
b. Motor Cycle – N1,250

C. CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP

a. Motor Vehicle – N2,500
b. Motor Cycle – N625
D. CAPITAL GAIN TAX

a. Motor Vehicle – N625
b. Motor Cycle – N625

E. OTHER CHARGES

a. Police CMR – N1,000
b. Police Inspection Fee – N500
c. Custom Processing Fee – N500

F. VEHICLE LICENSE

a. Vehicle Below 1.6cc – N1,250
b. Vehicle BTW 1.6-2.0cc – N1,875
c. Vehicle BTW 2.0-3.0cc – N2,500
d. Vehicle Above 3.0cc – N2,125
e. Motorcycle Private – N625
f. Motorcycle Commercial – N1,250
g. Buses

1. Mini Buses/Pick-Up – N2,500
2 Hiace Buses – N3,125
3 Costal Buses – N3,250
h. Tipper & Lorries – N3,750
i. Tankers & Trucks/Luxurious Buses – N6,250
j. 16 Tyres Trailer – N8,750
k. Tractors & Bulldozers – N2,500
l. Vehicle Alert – N200

G. HACKNEY PERMIT CHARGES
VEHICLE TYPE

1. Taxi Cab – N3,525
2. Car Hire Services – N3,725
3. Kabukabu – N3,925
4. Vehicle with Capacity to Carry 1-21 Passengers – N4,475
5. Vehicle with Capacity to Carry more than 21 Passengers
but less than 40 Passengers – N5,475
6. Vehicle with Capacity to Carry more than 40 Passengers
but less than 50 Passengers – N6,475
7. Vehicle with Capacity to Carry more than 50 Passengers
and above – N8,475
8. Commercial Vehicles for Goods Above 3 Tons – N3,725
9. Commercial Vehicles 3 Tons – N4,725
10. Tankers – N6,475
11. Tippers – N6,475
12. Trailers – N6,475
13. Trucks – N6,225
14. Interstate – N3,225
15. Staff Bus – N3,425
16. Okada – N2,000
17. Tricycles – N 2,000

H. DRIVERS LICENSE

a. New License – N6,350
b. Renewal – N6,350
c. Learners Permit – N50
d. Riders Card – N800

We hope you found this post on cost of Number Plate, Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership & Registration interesting.

Source: https://autojosh.com/cost-lagos-number-plate-vehicle-licensing-registration/

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by demmanuel78(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2019
kemjoe:
Please do the same for Rivers State.
Can you also inform us of what the police should check on the road. I keep get conflicting request from the police on what to provide on the road.
Allocation paper, proof of ownership certificate, vehicle license, police clearance( cmr), road worithness and insurance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by demmanuel78(m): 11:29am On Nov 29, 2019
Foxie:
Please how much does this paying for existing number plates and new vehicle documentation cost?
for existing number: 30k but the old vehicle license must still be valid. For new registration: 45k for vehicles below engine capacity of 2.0, 48k for vehicles below engine capacity of 3.0 while 50k for vehicles above engine capacity of 3.1

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Vikelo1212: 11:34am On Nov 29, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

H. DRIVERS LICENSE

a. New License – N6,350
b. Renewal – N6,350
c. Learners Permit – N50
d. Riders Card – N800

H. DRIVERS LICENSE

a. New License – N6,350
b. Renewal – N6,350
c. Learners Permit – N50
d. Riders Card – N800

Learner's permit N50?

Is this still the current amount?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by demmanuel78(m): 11:40am On Nov 29, 2019
stevmatt:

The temporal slip they give, can FRSC AND POLICE accept it.?
to be honest with you, any temporary license before your capturing is not valid

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by ezugegere(m): 11:45am On Nov 29, 2019
If I buy a car from someone, can I just obtain change of ownership without fresh registration of the vehicle/New num number plate?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by demmanuel78(m): 12:08pm On Nov 29, 2019
ezugegere:
If I buy a car from someone, can I just obtain change of ownership without fresh registration of the vehicle/New num number plate?
After the change of ownership, you will be given a reregistration number plate but if you have a Lagos number plate . You can use it on the new vehicle you bought
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by lanreni: 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2019
Its more than this o! Both official and unofficial together, might make you spend at least 14k. This is Nigeria angry
sanmtiago:
Please I need a license
Is that the price to get a new drivers license for real ? 6k??
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by sanmtiago(m): 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2019
lanreni:
Its more than this o! Both official and unofficial together, might make you spend at least 14k. This is Nigeria angry
i was just surprised when I saw 6k cry
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by lanreni: 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
Yeah. This is close to the 'official' amount. I spent 14,000 (transport to/fro road safety office from Idimu inclusive). Forget the useless official amounts up there. To do change of ownership, new number plate, registration, insurance, hackney permit, and so on, you will spend nothing less than 50k. This is Nigeria angry
princejones:
I paid 15500k for driver's license renewal (5years)
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by pattybf(f): 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
stevmatt:

Please help me, I wish to get a drivers license Next Week,

How many days does it takes to get?
How much exactly?
Do they demand for any requirement??
Thanks

Let's chat via WhatsApp. Note u cant get it so fast

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Drives Into A Shop In Ado-Ekiti [see PHOTOS] / The All New 2019 Ford F-150 Is Sporty, Luxurious And Powerful. (photos) / Photos Of Accident Along Lekki-epe Expressway In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.