Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. (763 Views)

Define Your Career Life With One Word - See Funny Answers. / Nigerian Man Quits His Bank Job For A Life By The Beach Side / Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. by renaissance(m): 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hello, nairalanders, a friend needs good suggestions and pieces of advice.

This friend got an IT job with a company in Gbagada. The company gives him two options.

I) Full time: Monday to Friday = #50,000 monthly salary.

2)working on remote basis but he must be physically present three times a week. That is, he will come to work three times a week and can work from home for the remaining two days. The salary for that is #35,000 monthly salary.

And the person lives around Lasu, ojo, Iyanaba.Lagos State.

So he needs good piece of advice on which one to choose and how he should start life in this aspect ( considering where he can be accomadated around the area with no much expenses on him, etc)

Note: The guy is also a recent graduate and has just finished serving...

Any advice please?
Re: Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. by NGRsenate: 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2019
Let him relocate to Canada.
Re: Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. by renaissance(m): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
NGRsenate:
Let him relocate to Canada.
Lol...funny you...

The guy is really ambitious and he needs great advice...

He is even reading this right now....
Re: Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. by donPhill(m): 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
I presume he wouldn't be there permanently, i would go for the 35k (provided you have less to spend in terms of transport and accommodation) so i would easily go in search do a greener pasture...
Re: Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. by renaissance(m): 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2019
donPhill:
I presume he wouldn't be there permanently, i would go for the 35k (provided you have less to spend in terms of transport and accommodation) so i would easily go in search do a greener pasture...
can you elaborate more clearly, please....?
Re: Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. by landforeast(m): 5:27am On Nov 30, 2019
Relocating to Gbagada might cost him a lot except he has the money to rent a new Apartment. Self contain around Gbagada is around 150,000 then you now add agent ans agreement. Working three times a week physically and two times a week remotely is ok but the problem there is that bulk of that money is going into Transport. The Later the best if he can find a way to cost the cost of the Transport.
Re: Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. by donPhill(m): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2019
renaissance:
can you elaborate more clearly, please....?
since the latter will provide some form of freedom, you can easily take it up pending when your dream job will arrive, but you need to put into consideration the cost of transport and accommodation to work place if it rival the former, if it cost you almost the same with the job gbagada, them i suggest you take up the gbagada
Re: Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. by renaissance(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2019
donPhill:
since the latter will provide some form of freedom, you can easily take it up pending when your dream job will arrive, but you need to put into consideration the cost of transport and accommodation to work place if it rival the former, if it cost you almost the same with the job gbagada, them i suggest you take up the gbagada
okay
Re: Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. by renaissance(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2019
landforeast:
Relocating to Gbagada might cost him a lot except he has the money to rent a new Apartment. Self contain around Gbagada is around 150,000 then you now add agent ans agreement. Working three times a week physically and two times a week remotely is ok but the problem there is that bulk of that money is going into Transport. The Later the best if he can find a way to cost the cost of the Transport.
okay...thanks
Re: Advice Needed: Living/starting A Life With #50,000 Around Gbagada Area, Lagos. by eghuan1(m): 1:17am On Dec 04, 2019
Has 'your friend ' started the job?

If he has, good for him. If not, and he has some money to rent a place, he can get a room at Oworo, Bariga or Ketu. These are places he can spend like 150 to 250 daily on transport to Gbagada and do the three days per week job.

He cannot, I repeat, he cannot get a self contained apartment in Gbagada for less than 180k rent. Total cost of renting a self contained apartment in Gbagada can be up-to 350k or more depending on which part of Gbagada he wants to rent.

He's just starting life, he can manage a decent single room or hostels around Unilag.

From unilag to Bariga is 50 naira by keke and Bariga to gbagada is another 50 naira too

(1) (Reply)

Why Mobile Crane Operator Training Is Worth It!!! / Depression / How Can I Move From HND Mechanical Engineering To Safety Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.