Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

How Has This Recession Changed You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Has This Recession Changed You? (771 Views)

The Top 10 Business Idea To Start That Is Recession-friendly / How Has 2014 Changed You? / Which African Countries Will Be Hit Hardest By The Recession? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Has This Recession Changed You? by brabus(m): 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2010
A lot of people say they wish they would have done this or done that prior to this economic downturn, regret the choices they made,
But if we look at this RECESSION as kind of New Year resolution/"teaching moment", how will you do things in the future?

In short, how did this recession change you and how will it change your habits as a citizen and a consumer in the future?
Re: How Has This Recession Changed You? by brabus(m): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2010
The lack of business has given me time to expand my knowledge base, play in here (NAIRALAND). Unfortunately, the recession caught me off guard and I was spending money a bit excessively at the time. I lost my job and had been trying to look for a replacement job, which hadn't come.

Now, I've been living as if I have no money (, since I really DON'T have any money). But, I'm happier because of it, as I've found living with simplicity is a lot more fulfilling than living with a bunch of materialistic things that get in the way. So in a way, I guess you could say that I'm actually quite happy with how this recession turned out for me, as it's given me new and valuable perspective.

Share your own story.
Re: How Has This Recession Changed You? by iice(f): 9:03am On Nov 24, 2010
Nope, hasn't changed me. I've always been into simple things. I just spend more money on food than on anything else. . .it's how i was raised cool.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Month / Follow Me To The Red Room / The North Under Fire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.