Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm (2012 Views)

Huge Python Killed In Isuikwuato, Abia After Swallowing Sheep (Picture) / Huge Python Killed By A Farmer In Calabar (Photo) / A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by RedDoor: 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU3m6m_i2Lw

Locals who killed a huge snake after suspecting it of having eaten a calf because of its swollen stomach discovered it was pregnant with dozens of eggs.
The incident happened in Nigeria where local media said the snake had been killed over accusations it had been feasting on farmers’ livestock.
However as these images show, the snake was not overweight because of its last meal, it was actually pregnant.

After being cut open, dozens of eggs were found and removed by locals who regard them as a rare delicacy. 
Although it was not clear what sort of snake it was, many snakes can produce up to 100 eggs at a time.
Online commentators seem to have little sympathy with the snake, with most pointing out that it was a good thing that around a hundred baby snakes would no longer be born.
Judging by the size of the snake, which appears to be almost a foot wide and several metres long, it looks like an anaconda. 
But with the species of anaconda restricted to South America, it is likely the pictured snake is an African rock python.

Males are typically smaller than females, who can grow up to and beyond 4.8m in length. 
There have been some reports of African rock pythons, which is the continent's biggest snake and one of the world's largest, growing up to a massive 6m in length.

Source : CEN, dailymail

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc myd44

Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by Rityonyi(f): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
shocked that's about hundred and something eggs shocked
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by StarUp: 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2019
Let me book a seat here because one mod whose name starts with LA..... would soon move it to FP: make him kuku move us together. cool
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by AbjMotorPalace: 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
Dam I can't believe what my eyes is seeing now.

Kudos to the people that killed it, they just saved peoples life
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by VicThory(m): 12:32am On Dec 02, 2019
chai!
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by Beboy23(m): 1:38am On Dec 02, 2019
Snake in the monkey shadow
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by RedDoor: 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2019
grin cool
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by gspace1960(m): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
lala wat ar u waiting 4....its time 4 dinner
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by RedDoor: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
Lalasticlala rejected this food
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by AbjMotorPalace: 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by AbjMotorPalace: 3:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
shocked shocked that's a big one
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by AbjMotorPalace: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
But did the eat the snake?
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by Rochasokorocha: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2019
What will I not see on nairaland
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by Rochasokorocha: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2019
What will not see on nairaland
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by RedDoor: 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
No comment for this abeg just watch the video and see for yourself
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by Rityonyi(f): 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hmm
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by DarkJeddi(m): 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2019
M
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by AbjMotorPalace: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2019
This go reach front page, let me relax here
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by AbjMotorPalace: 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2019
Fear catch me
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by AbjMotorPalace: 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
Why this food never reach front page
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by RedDoor: 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year to you all
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by Humphrizy(m): 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
Issa bigger meat - In Dremo's voice tongue
Re: Video Of A Huge Python Captured And Killed By Nigerian Villagers In A Farm by Rityonyi(f): 11:30am On Jan 02, 2020
Of this is the only meat left in the world I won't eat

(1) (Reply)

Catfish For Sale... / Defeathering Machine (Various Capacities) / #pics# Do You Need Fresh Apple Fruits??? Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.