Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. (4232 Views)

Age Limit For Varsity Admissions Backward - Punch Editorial Board / The Reality Of Life After Graduation / Benjamin Ola. Akande Appointed As President Of Champlain College In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by benori: 12:18am On Dec 01, 2019
https://brainerves.com/
Benjamin Button: The story of a man born old and died young (True story)
[center]"As a child, Daisy meets Benjamin Button who suffers from a rare ageing ailment wherein he ages backwards. They keep in touch as she gets older and he turns younger."[/center]

A book with a seemingly fictional character was published in 1922 by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It was the story of a man born old who aged backwards and dies young. This was called ‘the curious case of Benjamin Button’. This became very popular at the production of the movie in 2008.

Many had thought it was mere story that was never real, and of course the movie was based essentially on a fantasy that recreates the flavour of Forrest Gump. You may have to watch the film for it’s curious flavour, as we would only be talking about the disease as a reality of our time rather than fiction/fantasy.

The disease Benjamin Button is commonly known as...

https://brainerves.com/question/is-benjamin-button-ageing-backward-disease-in-the-curious-case-of-benjamin-button-real/#comment-167

1 Share

Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by hinograce: 5:08am On Dec 01, 2019
This is hutchinson gilford syndrome, its extremely rare but really bad

2 Likes

Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by benori: 5:49am On Dec 01, 2019
Yes, can be found in one out of four million birth, but people seem to think it was unreal when the movie came out.
hinograce:
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by sesaan(m): 7:08am On Dec 01, 2019
I once saw A movie about him, never knew it was true life story.. I guess baba has this disease

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by drmorphine(m): 7:30am On Dec 01, 2019
hinograce:
This is the opposite of what the OP is saying. HGS is a form of progeria

1 Like

Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by ruggedtimi(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2019
the curious case of benjamin Button, one of my favourite all time movie
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by kennyjam: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2019
hmm
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by Uyorecruits1: 10:31am On Dec 01, 2019
Uyo Recruitment!!!
A Reputable firm is growing and is looking to hire motivated individuals as Business Development Officers. You will design training and development programs from the scratch and coach our business representatives so that they meet their goals.

Get up to N60,000 monthly plus other incentives/bonuses

CALL TO ACTION, send CV to uyorecruits@gmail.com

Inform friends/family!!!
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2019
Pls i need 100 naira card, 08082189952 airtel, pls i just need to call.
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by benori: 10:47am On Dec 01, 2019
You should get a VTU soon... HNM
dancok:
Pls i need 100 naira card, 08082189952 airtel, pls i just need to call.
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:20am On Dec 01, 2019
sesaan:
I once saw A movie about him, never knew it was true life story.. I guess baba has this disease
Lolzzzzzzzz but his dictatorship never ages

Nigerians no go kee persin!!!

1 Like

Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by franklingud(m): 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
Brad Pitt really portrayed this character very well.
Benjamin button.
Interesting movie.
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by dazzlingd(m): 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2019
I've watched this movie over and over again and never got tired of it....a masterpiece, excellent work of art
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
benori:
You should get a VTU soon... HNM
thanks bro, God bless u, u will never lack, i really appreciate this. Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by Renforce: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2019
So which of the picture is the young version?
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by crackhouse(m): 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2019
sesaan:
sure he have it.

1 Like

Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by tjones007: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
One quick question OP.

If he was born old and aging backwards.

Was he born tall?
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by mrssomebody(f): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
Where can i get the movie pls?
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
shocked

OP, don't get it twisted.
There were people who saw into the future as far back as history could not remember, but The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is definitely not one of those instances.

The case of Button is a fiction and will always remain a fiction, which would never be physically or scientifically possible even in the distant, most tech-advanced future.

Benjamin Button was born looking older than a centenarian, grew taller into a younger old-man till be grew into a middle-aged man, then he continued to grow younger and shorter until his stature shrank into a day-old baby after which he died.
The scenario above is different from the case of Sam Berns (in the second picture), who had Progeria.
While Button ailment made him grow younger from a old man to a baby and made him pass through impossible stages of height/stature increment and later decrement, Progeria on the other hand make a kid born as a normal kid age rapidly than usual, and they don't usually reach 30 years before they die.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by hardbody: 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2019
This topic pass me. So i just dey read dey go.

But our president tho...

When will he grow back to a day old baby, i cant wait.
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by benori: 5:34am On Dec 02, 2019
ola33t:
shocked

OP, don't get it twisted.
There were people who saw into the future as far back as history could not remember, but The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is definitely not one of those instances.

The case of Button is a fiction and will always remain a fiction, which would never be physically or scientifically possible even in the distant, most tech-advanced future.

Benjamin Button was born looking older than a centenarian, grew taller into a younger old-man till be grew into a middle-aged man, then he continued to grow younger and shorter until his stature shrank into a day-old baby after which he died.
The scenario above is different from the case of Sam Berns (in the second picture), who had Progeria.
While Button ailment made him grow younger from a old man to a baby and made him pass through impossible stages of height/stature increment and later decrement, Progeria on the other hand make a kid born as a normal kid age rapidly than usual, and they don't usually reach 30 years before they die.

A good analysis though, definitely the movie was partly fantasy, to entertain, but the bottom line is creating an awareness of the disease called Benjamin button which is a reality, though not 100% true as portrayed in the movie.

You wouldn't expect a movie not to have additional spices nah... even Titanic had to spice the story up to make it entertaining... you could read about 10 real life facts about Titanic never mentioned in the movie https://brainerves.com/question/10-real-life-facts-about-titanic-movie/
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by benori: 5:36am On Dec 02, 2019
tjones007:
One quick question OP.

If he was born old and aging backwards.

Was he born tall?
Smiles, in reality someone with Benjamin Button disease is usually born like any other healthy baby, but symptoms begin to show after few months, and start showing old age growth... as shown in the picture.
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by benori: 5:44am On Dec 02, 2019
Re: Must Read!!! The Reality Of Benjamin Button (ageing Backward) Disease. by mrssomebody(f): 7:45am On Dec 02, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Oau Resumes New Session Feb26- Confirmed! / Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science, Which Is More Lucrative? / Full List Of Characters In Sweet Sixteen (JAMB English Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.