Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,236 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride (25196 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by sharone21(f): 9:01am On Dec 01, 2019
Okay, THANKS....may we please get full details of where to board trains in Lagos to Ibadan and from Lagos to Abeokuta, the different places and any online booking? Can one highlight when they get to the end of their journeys?
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Sagay212: 9:16am On Dec 01, 2019
Dirty people should not be allowed into the train and all those people who carry nonsense stinky loads. Once you start to allow them, they'll abuse it and make the train dirty and stinky. We must force people to learn how to be clean and tidy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by mkoabiola: 9:27am On Dec 01, 2019
Scam

1 Like

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by berbs: 9:50am On Dec 01, 2019
Sorry oooo, where the train wan pass ooo I'm aware some of the lines are yet to be completed.
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by slimfit1(m): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2019
The only ministry working in this government the rest just idle.
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Minjim: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2019
Hope there is free charging and free Wi-Fi

I just love the with FREE
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Originalsly: 9:55am On Dec 01, 2019
Hmmm.... heading for a disaster. I predict....

1. There would be pretty much no crowd control... the strongest and
most determined would be jam packed first in the luxury coaches...
then in and on top of the other coaches.

2. The luxury coaches would be vandalized and reduced to regular
coach standard by day 3.

3. By Day 5.... the coaches would be filthy period.

4. By the 7th Day... the minister would be blaming the masses....and the masses would be blaming themselves.

5. When the service would be "commercialized".... it would be hell to
get people to pay for a service they were having for free.

A train wreck in the making.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by simple250: 10:01am On Dec 01, 2019
Sagay212:
Dirty people should not be allowed into the train and all those people who carry nonsense stinky loads. Once you start to allow them, they'll abuse it and make the train dirty and stinky. We must force people to learn how to be clean and tidy.

So Yorubas are dirty abi
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by murmee: 10:02am On Dec 01, 2019
So they expect people who live on the island or people who live in places like Apapa, Festac, Okokomaiko, Okota etc to first of all go on a tedious journey to Agege before they can board a train going to Ibadan. Does that make sense?

1 Like

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Maximization: 10:09am On Dec 01, 2019
murmee:
So they expect people who live on the island or people who live in places like Apapa, Festac, Okokomaiko, Okota etc to first of all go on a tedious journey to Agege before they can board a train going to Ibadan. Does that make sense?

I think they are not saying the truth here because there is no work going on within Ibadan here. Moniya is an outskirt of Ibadan. From Moniya, one will spend nothing less than #500 to come back to some areas in Ibadan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by warrenweste(m): 10:24am On Dec 01, 2019
Maximization:

I think they are not saying the truth here because there is no work going on within Ibadan here. Moniya is an outskirt of Ibadan. From Moniya, one will spend nothing less than #500 to come back to some areas in Ibadan.

So true..dugbe rail track's are still as old as metuselah

2 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Lalaska(m): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2019
This man just said 50-80 people will benefit from the free ride daily. Amazing
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by BreconHills(m): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2019
greatbello:
Misplaced priority.why can't they wait for the total completion of the project ,then run on a subsidized amount for sometime to encourage people to use it. Every free thing in this part of our world is never manage well because it will be over crowded.

Free rides are part is part of the rail delivery process. Near full loads allow them to test ticketing, platform management and onward journey connections. It allows them test the carriages and allow the manufacturers make appropriate fixes and adjustments. This is standard practice anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by olujuwonj(m): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2019
Do you need a geologist to carry out a hydro-geophysical survey for your borehole, solar borehole installation, geological survery or stratigraphic mapping... We are just a call away, we work nationwide.

Tel: 08055855962

https:///2348089626981
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by benedictuyi(m): 10:42am On Dec 01, 2019
Welcome development.

I'll build a professional website or blog for you for an affordable fee
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Ajibel(m): 10:42am On Dec 01, 2019
murmee:

No, it doesn't grin grin
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by onadana: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
And why is the Train station this dirty. How much will it cost them to tidy their Business environment?

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

This is not the station for the standard gauge services. That is a picture of the old railway track and station.

1 Like

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by kayo80(m): 11:06am On Dec 01, 2019
Sirwallace:
That rail line picture is oshodi in Lagos. Always dirty. Sanity and discipline left that place after Fashola left office. Street trading and dumping of gabbage on those track is an eyesore that will not display the aesthetic of that place.

So true.
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by kayo80(m): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2019
Maximization:

That's not true. I live in Ojoo, and from Ojoo to Moniya is 100 naira. From Ojoo to UI (University of Ibadan) and Bodija is 50 naira and 70 naira respectively. From Moniya to the other extreme of Ibadan, which is Challenge won't even cost that much. Moniya to Ojoo, N100...Ojoo to Mokola roundabout, 100...Mokola roundabout to Challenge, N100. That's a total of N300.

Let's also look at Moniya to Ibadan tollgate. Moniya to Ojoo, N100...Ojoo to Iwo Road, N100...Iwo road to Ibadan Toll gate, N150. That's N350 total. I am not saying the government is doing excellently well with the project, because when I was in Lagos two weeks ago, they were just laying the rails at Oshodi, but I just didn't like your misinformation on a large forum like Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by ba7man(m): 11:12am On Dec 01, 2019
leofab:
Moving coffin
IPOB spotted.

That's why no one is bothered when bad things happen to you guys.

2 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by kolaaderin: 11:15am On Dec 01, 2019
sayhi2bammy:
I hope this time the passengers wont have to walk 10km in the bush like the other train undecided undecided
Gradually, the 1000m (1km) news is not 10km. Very soon people like you will say they trekked the whole length of the rail line.
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by kolaaderin: 11:23am On Dec 01, 2019
Lalaska:
This man just said 50-80 people will benefit from the free ride daily. Amazing
Read correctly, 50 to 80 people to benefit from the first class coaches. That is alot if you ask me. The regular coaches will take close to a thousand people.
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by damosade(m): 11:29am On Dec 01, 2019
Nice development though...

We register your business with corporate affairs commission, process your TIN, process your SCUML and audited statement of account.. Also aid your account opening process.
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by toxxnoni(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2019
Nice
I will hala u
Brandstudio01:
And why is the Train station this dirty. How much will it cost them to tidy their Business environment?

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by VirtIQ: 12:13pm On Dec 01, 2019
When it breaks down now,problem would start

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by dhensity: 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
Useless country
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by drehdinho(m): 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
Just take a look at the rubbish these ones are calling train.

It shall never be well with all our political leaders.

This is not 1989 for Gods sake.

And I wonder why some people here are ignorant of the fact to know that that train is nothing but rubbish. More reasons why we would never have a good government in Nigeria, because even the masses are so uneducated and senseless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by MedicH: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2019
leofab:
Moving coffin

Las las no be coffin u go end?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Announces New Visa Application Centre In Port Harcourt / Nnamdi Ezechi Survives Accident As Mopol Attached To Him Dies (Photos) / Ogun Crashes Kill 20 As Commuters Blame Bribe-taking Policemen (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.