Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,352 members, 7,860,912 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:43 PM

FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) (1941 Views)

My Album Is Not A Floppy Disk - Davido Responds To Burna Boy’s Tweet / Simi And Friends Celebrate Her 'Omo Charlie Champagne' Album In Swimsuit / Olamide Signs Fireboydml To His YBNL Record Label (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 01, 2019
The singer has had an amazing success with his debut album, laughter tears and goosebumps, as it hit the no1 spot on Apple Music sales in the country.
Congratulations to him!

Source:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5bkdBZl13w/

Cc lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 01, 2019
Album i fit download online with 25mb? waste of money
Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by Abfinest007(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2019
even Davido album nor near

1 Like

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
Album i fit download online with 25mb? waste of money
Dts not fair on the artist. Buy and listen. N1600 is not too much money to support an artistes music you like.

2 Likes

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by Aidejay(m): 10:35am On Dec 01, 2019
Na money wey man no get if not what stops me from buying this album and other things like this thus encouraging the artist and growing the industry. For those that actually buy it you are the true nationalists

2 Likes

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 01, 2019
Abfinest007:
even Davido album nor near
He was no1 when he released but didn’t maintain the volume at all cos Timi dakolos album got released a few days after. And that album is perfect.
Also, burnas african giant hit the list again cos the Grammy nomination brought press, renewed interest and new sales. I didn’t expect Fireboy to surpass them all sha.
Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by donstan18: 10:39am On Dec 01, 2019
Dave's album 'Psychodrama' is still on repeat.

1 Like

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by Oluwaphemite(m): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2019
Fireboy 1st is #1600, Davido 4th is 1600, 2nd is #1500, All i can say is "gbefun''
Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by donstan18: 10:44am On Dec 01, 2019
Stevecovey:

Dts not fair on the artist. Buy and listen. N1600 is not too much money to support an artistes music you like.
How many of these hawkers suffering under the sun have you dashed N1600 to support their business?

Na where celebrities and pastors dey una dey remember to support.

8 Likes

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by superlanny(m): 10:48am On Dec 01, 2019
When a man is successful, you can only congratulate him, as you would want others to do for you, When Talent meets Hardwork grin cool

1 Like

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 01, 2019
donstan18:

How many of these hawkers suffering under the sun have you dashed N1600 to support their business?

Dash? This is buying and selling. Youre buying music, just like u buy from a roadside hawker. Taking the product without paying is STEALING.

You can talk dash when ur discussing pastors offering.

2 Likes

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by kiddoiLL(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2019
donstan18:

No mind am... na #1600 I go use buy music I wan listen to when I know dat #1600 can do something very important in someone else's life.
You go Google, download d full album zipped file for less than 30 mb.
I enter apple pay #1600 for the same thing you download then I make use of more than 30mb to download the files I bought.
Who's mad between you and I?
No be madness I just show so?
no mind that guy

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by unlimiteddammi(m): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2019
kiddoiLL:
No mind am... na #1600 I go use buy music I wan listen to when I know dat #1600 can do something very important in someone else's life.
You go Google, download d full album zipped file for less than 30 mb.
I enter apple pay #1600 for the same thing you download then I make use of more than 30mb to download the files I bought.
Who's mad between you and I?
No be madness I just show so?
no mind that guy

You are benefiting of someone's hardwork and you are proud to say it. What's wrong is wrong, stop justifying corruption.

4 Likes

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
unlimiteddammi:

You are benefiting of someone's hardwork and you are proud to say it. What's wrong is wrong, stop justifying corruption.
Dt is naija (black man) mentality for you. Cunny wisdom. Wisdom in reverse. And this is why the country is the way it is. Steal money for roads and health and then die due to accident.
In the long run, you’re doing yourself harm, by cheating.
Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by kiddoiLL(m): 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2019
unlimiteddammi:

TF are you saying?
Look bro, I'm a musician, professionally a producer and I do know everything right about streaming music on certain platforms. But it doesn't mean I'll totally shut out the fact that not everybody have access to those platforms. How many Folks know about Apple Store, Spotify and the rest?
You think this is applicable to Nigerians but even white folks constantly do the same thing.
Search for lots of individual albums and you'll find them as zipped files on net on foreign sites.
you'll call that corruption?
I'm not justifying shît but listen to me, as an artist, once you go into the industry with the plan that you're doing it for money, you're setting yourself up to fail. It's an art. Art, something you do for people to appreciate and adore.
Jon Bellion, one of the best songwriter, musician and Producer for the past century, Grammy award winner, his first two albums ever released were free, Free! I'm only trying to make you understand something, he said he released his albums for free so to get and garner people who'll appreciate his music and build his circle of fans.
in the end today he's one of the very best out there, people pay to go srr him perform, people beg, beg for him to organize concerts in their cities.
That's not the point you should understand though.
Now Fireboy is a very talented artist, one who's good and just building his brand, I won't tell him how to run his brand. As an artist first you're always thinking “as I release this song, I just want the fans to appreciate it, I just want the fans to love this work, build my brand ” because after that you'll have open doors, everywhere you go you can get and earn money with your craft.
The moment you start thinking of the money first, you're doomed. That's why he's under a label, that's why he's under YBNL.
YBNL didn't sign him to think of making money, YBNL signed him to put out his talent and show his craft, YBNL wants him to focus on doing more good songs. YBNL THINKS AND HUSTLR FOR THE MONEY!!
It's why it's called artist management.
Fireboy surely knows not everyone uses an IPhone, have Spotify and others.
At the end of the day his main focus is to garner his fan base and have everyone in the country listen to his songs, both old and young.
You think he expected and planned that everybody will pay #1600 to listen to his songs? You really think that's what YBNL expects?
For this Industry we dey?
Something that happens everywhere on the planet and not just Nigeria?
At the end of the day those who have enough money to spare and are comfortable with it will pay the #1600, and those who can't afford it will sort other means to get the songs! Both fans are showing him love and support!!
That's the point! More fans means more deals more concert and prob bigger endorsement deals.
You and others on here should stop sounding as if people downloading albums are criminal or of bad intentions.
They're not downloading it for free to go sell, they're downloading. it because it's what they can do comfortably.
Stop this hypocrisy as if only Nigerians prefer downloading and not buying songs.
Let YBNL place exclusive rights that no other sites should upload their songs na! That their songs will only be on apple store and Spotify, let them do it and see the response they get and how fanbase shift to others na.
Abeg make we leave all this talk.
Nobody's doing or partaking in corruption or evil deeds for downloading songs when he or she can buy em.
As an artist, don't put your songs on Naijaloaed, Noyjustok, Tooexclusive and other music blogs na, don't let your songs be uploaded there and tell people they must pay #1500 to listen and download your songs.
Please do it na,and see who'll get affected both financially and socially, shebi you people want to be mad ni.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
kiddoiLL:
TF are you saying?
Look bro, I'm a musician, professionally a producer and I do know everything right about streaming music on certain platforms. But it doesn't mean I'll totally shut out the fact that not everybody have access to those platforms. How many Folks know about Apple Store, Spotify and the rest?
You think this is applicable to Nigerians but even white folks constantly do the same thing.
Search for lots of individual albums and you'll find them as zipped files on net on foreign sites.
you'll call that corruption?
I'm not justifying shît but listen to me, as an artist, once you go into the industry with the plan that you're doing it for money, you're setting yourself up to fail. It's an art. Art, something you do for people to appreciate and adore.
Jon Bellion, one of the best songwriter, musician and Producer for the past century, Grammy award winner, his first two albums ever released were free, Free! I'm only trying to make you understand something, he said he released his albums for free so to get and garner people who'll appreciate his music and build his circle of fans.
in the end today he's one of the very best out there, people pay to go srr him perform, people beg, beg for him to organize concerts in their cities.
That's not the point you should understand though.
Now Fireboy is a very talented artist, one who's good and just building his brand, I won't tell him how to run his brand. As an artist first you're always thinking “as I release this song, I just want the fans to appreciate it, I just want the fans to love this work, build my brand ” because after that you'll have open doors, everywhere you go you can get and earn money with your craft.
The moment you start thinking of the money first, you're doomed. That's why he's under a label, that's why he's under YBNL.
YBNL didn't sign him to think of making money, YBNL signed him to put out his talent and show his craft, YBNL wants him to focus on doing more good songs. YBNL THINKS AND HUSTLR FOR THE MONEY!!
It's why it's called artist management.
Fireboy surely knows not everyone uses an IPhone, have Spotify and others.
At the end of the day his main focus is to garner his fan base and have everyone in the country listen to his songs, both old and young.
You think he expected and planned that everybody will pay #1600 to listen to his songs? You really think that's what YBNL expects?
For this Industry we dey?
Something that happens everywhere on the planet and not just Nigeria?
At the end of the day those who have enough money to spare and are comfortable with it will pay the #1600, and those who can't afford it will sort other means to get the songs! Both fans are showing him love and support!!
That's the point! More fans means more deals more concert and prob bigger endorsement deals.
You and others on here should stop sounding as if people downloading albums are criminal or of bad intentions.
They're not downloading it for free to go sell, they're downloading. it because it's what they can do comfortably.
Stop this hypocrisy as if only Nigerians prefer downloading and not buying songs.
Let YBNL place exclusive rights that no other sites should upload their songs na! That their songs will only be on apple store and Spotify, let them do it and see the response they get and how fanbase shift to others na.
Abeg make we leave all this talk.
Nobody's doing or partaking in corruption or evil deeds for downloading songs when he or she can buy em.
As an artist, don't put your songs on Naijaloaed, Noyjustok, Tooexclusive and other music blogs na, don't let your songs be uploaded there and tell people they must pay #1500 to listen and download your songs.
Please do it na,and see who'll get affected both financially and socially, shebi you people want to be mad ni.
All these just to justify piracy and stealing. Just because the internet makes it easy to steal, doesn’t make it legal. It’s illegal all over the world and record companies try their best to shut down illegal sites.
Streaming is different from downloads. Anywhere u download music for free, without an outright fee or a subscription, is illegal. Most streaming sites also have fees they’ve paid to a record company before they can stream a song for free. It comes free to you but they recoup their money through advertising. Even YouTube pays uploaders for content. It appears free to you but it isn’t.
Re: FireboyDML’s Album Is No1 Selling Album In Nigeria. (pics) by kiddoiLL(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2019
Stevecovey:

All these just to justify piracy and stealing. Just because the internet makes it easy to steal, doesn’t make it legal. It’s illegal all over the world and record companies try their best to shut down illegal sites.
Streaming is different from downloads. Anywhere u download music for free, without an outright fee or a subscription, is illegal. Most streaming sites also have fees they’ve paid to a record company before they can stream a song for free. It comes free to you but they recoup their money through advertising. Even YouTube pays uploaders for content. It appears free to you but it isn’t.
I ain't justifying stealing or piracy bro.. It's simple as ABC, ask musicians in the game trying to come out into the limelight.
As an artist, those site owners will bill you, Just last 2 months I had one of my friend who had to pay 90k cash in total to have his songs uploaded on Naijaloaded and five other top music sites.
What's my point? Sometimes you even pay to get your own Apple store profile verified and legible, that's why it's not easy getting your songs on stores such as apple store and Spotify.
In the end the artist who paid to have his song on Spotfy, or Naijaloaded wants his music to be pushed out by these Stores or sites. In no way am I supporting stealing, I mentioned to you earlier on, those citizens Downloading music from sites, do they Download it to sell to other people?
I'm telling you all these from the view of someone also in the game.
When it gets to a point in your career, you can charge #2000 for even your album, those who will buy it will buy it.
You don't say just because you're an artist looking to enlarge your brand and looking to be successful, you'll start charging everybody to listen to your songs.
Get the differences and facts right!
Only you and your family members will face your songs, and those who will get it through other means will do.
Someone like 2face can end up putting his grass 2 grace album as #3000, and people will buy it!! Others who cant afford it will still look for ways to download it.
You don't just start, people are just warming up to you and then you charge #1600 just for your fans to get your album.
Do you think everybody will pay that? And when you get exclusive rights and make sure no other single site will upload your songs, how many fans do you think your contents will get to when you do it like that?

Once again I'm not justifying stealing or piracy, when Fireboy gets to certain level in the industry, if he charges #5000 for his album, people won't complain like they did up there.
It's showbiz bro, don't think everything in Showbiz and entertainment is black and white bro, even apple can't stop Americans from getting music albums online and you think those top artist lose sleep over it when it means their contents goes worldwide?

(1) (Reply)

Tacha And Ike Spotted At Play Royal In Owerri On Boxing Day / Sad Photos: 16-year-old Tiktok Star Siya Kakkar Commits Suicide / #bbnaija 2020: Erica In Tears, Regrets Choosing Kiddwaya Over Laycon (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.