Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,217 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

I Am Disappointed. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Disappointed. (2453 Views)

I'm Really Really Disappointed In Most Men Today !. / He Feels Disappointed And Wants A Divorce! Must Read!! / Funny Tweet From A Nigerian Man Disappointed In African Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Disappointed. by topup: 2:19am On Nov 24, 2010
I read this quote today:

"If friends disappoint you over and over, that's in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren't going to change simply because you want them to. "
— Oprah Winfrey

Now, today a friend of mine disappointed me for the second time, for something I consider to be pretty major, of course we have both disappointed ourselves with minor things several times in the past - that's inevitable, but I wasn't prepared for this.

*edited out*
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Dsense(m): 3:23am On Nov 24, 2010
? angry
Re: I Am Disappointed. by madlady(f): 3:26am On Nov 24, 2010
@topup, it may be better to forgive the person. Life's too short to stay annoyed with a real friend.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Osama10(m): 4:38am On Nov 24, 2010
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 24, 2010
@poster
depending on whats the disappointment about, you may have to look at removing that friend from your list of trusted individuals.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by madlady(f): 7:47am On Nov 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
depending on whats the disappointment about, you may have to look at removing that friend from your list of trusted individuals.

Your right again, but if it's a REAL friend and the have been there for you most times, and the disappointment was not life altering undecided
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 24, 2010
^^^^you'll have to put it all in the balance and value whats more worthy/damaging to you: the time they've been there or the time they disappointed you.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 24, 2010
I always say, it's good to forgive . . . but foolish to forget! undecided
Re: I Am Disappointed. by holychild1(m): 9:26am On Nov 24, 2010
@poster You know one thing about this life,pray for the grace of advance forgiveness cos before people offend you,you might have forgiven them cos with that you won't be disappointed in what people do to you.Mind you the person that did the worse thing today can still give out the best to you.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by holychild1(m): 9:29am On Nov 24, 2010
@Ujujoan,Oh is that what you think?Does who don't for the past are does who remain the middle man in life.I don't think that is a good ideal Ujujoan
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2010
holy child:

@Ujujoan,Oh is that what you think?Does who don't for the past are does who remain the middle man in life.I don't that that is a good ideal Ujujoan

No, I disagree . . you see, forgeting is dangerous! If someone slaps you and apologizes, it's good to forgive, but dont you ever forget that he or she had the audacity to slap you! If you do, you giving him/her a silent permission to slap you again. True!
Re: I Am Disappointed. by holychild1(m): 9:44am On Nov 24, 2010
@Ujujoan what you said is just the fact and not the truth,Do you care if we talk on Yahoo IM,or do you have a face book account?
Re: I Am Disappointed. by ifyalways(f): 9:46am On Nov 24, 2010
topup:

I read this quote today:

"If friends disappoint you over and over, that's in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren't going to change simply because you want them to. "
— Oprah Winfrey

Now, today a friend of mine disappointed me for the second time, for something I consider to be pretty major, of course we have both disappointed ourselves with minor things several times in the past - that's inevitable, but I wasn't prepared for this.

*edited out*
It hurts I know but life goes on.!
Trust everyone but please leave a lil space in ur heart for such rude suprises so u wont be caught unawares.People fail every now and then and thats what makes us humane.  smiley
Re: I Am Disappointed. by holychild1(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2010
@ifyalways Oh i concur with what you said.Its always Good to have a place of forgiveness in our heart cos it makes the body system healthy and sound.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 24, 2010
holy child:

@Ujujoan what you said is just the fact and not the truth,Do you care if we talk on Yahoo IM,or do you have a face book account?

Why? Let's talk the talk here oh . . . me I no dey for FB or YIM! cool cool
Re: I Am Disappointed. by holychild1(m): 10:00am On Nov 24, 2010
You need to change your view about things in life, Even to forget issues in life is a commandment from God, But all you need to do is to be mindful on how to relate with people
Re: I Am Disappointed. by holychild1(m): 10:08am On Nov 24, 2010
ok
Re: I Am Disappointed. by madlady(f): 10:10am On Nov 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^you'll have to put it all in the balance and value whats more worthy/damaging to you: the time they've been there or the time they disappointed you.

Yes, if the disappointment can/did cause you damage then, cutting them off should be the way to go. That's what I would do.

Ujujoan:

I always say, it's good to forgive . . . but foolish to forget! undecided
Your right.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 24, 2010
Ujujoan:

Why? Let's talk the talk here oh . . .  me I no dey for FB or YIM!  cool  cool

see, you getting all the attention. guys want to chat you up in the background and you are turning them down, lol!
what are you fearing sista?!

@madlady
a real friend would never knowingly hurt you TWICE, if they did then they definitely are not "real friends".
Re: I Am Disappointed. by holychild1(m): 10:17am On Nov 24, 2010
Mallady so you don't forget issue with people when they offend you?
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

see, you getting all the attention. guys want to chat you up in the background and you are turning them down, lol!

@madlady
a real friend would never knowingly hurt you TWICE, if they did then they definitely are not "real friends".

I'm 'fearing' the possibility of being distracted and losing the feelings I have for you!  wink  wink  wink  cheesy
Re: I Am Disappointed. by holychild1(m): 10:19am On Nov 24, 2010
@MRbrownJAY i wonder oooooo.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by madlady(f): 10:20am On Nov 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@madlady

Hmmm I KNOW your right but, it's hard to face certain facts.

Some ***friends**** can cause you more pain than your worst enemy, THOSE are best cut off.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 24, 2010
holy child:

You need to change your view about things in life, Even to forget issues in life is a commandment from God, But all you need to do is to be mindful on how to relate with people

You see, I'm not a very religious person. I beleive in God and I go to church . . but I prefer to learn from life's experiences. If I've learnt anything in this life, it's NEVER to forget!  I've 'forgetten' one too many times!

When people show themselves to you, it'll be stooopid to ignore it!  undecided
Re: I Am Disappointed. by holychild1(m): 10:33am On Nov 24, 2010
Oh i will like to tell you what happen within me and my friend 4 days ago,I knew him to be a very nice and caring guy but he is always been nice more when he sees that i have moni at hand and as a matter of fact he did some thing thing two days ago that i we fought each other with words,Mostly i noticed that i am always on the side of i don''t want to offend my friends even if they offend me.But he took me for grated and i have to react back,But before we end that dispute i have already forgiven him and forget the issue.And we are still Good food friends and we even live in the same flat,so what can you say to that.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 24, 2010
I have a friend who has let me down severally and alwys bigtime,I on the other hand have alwys been there for her and i am alwys shocked at her me first and only attitude.

so now i treat her like she treats me and i dnt have any expectations from her to me she belongs to the group of people who cannot think before they act so they will constantly wrong you.these days nothing she does suprises or moves me.I just know the kind of "friends" we are.can i say i understand her.

I totally concur with oprah"s quote.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2010
Ujujoan:

I'm 'fearing' the possibility of being distracted and losing the feelings I have for you!  wink  wink  wink  cheesy

how can beautiful hot dreams of us being passionately together ever be distracted from your mind?!lol, just close your eyes and think about me when Holy child will be making sweet love to you. et voila, i will always be there, even if just in spirit!

madlady:

Hmmm I KNOW your right but, it's hard to face certain facts.

Some ***friends**** can cause you more pain than your worst enemy, THOSE are best cut off.

100%true about the above bolded statement!
just like with LOVE, sometimes you have to put your heart aside and let you brain take over and disregard all your heart signals and replace them for WHATS RIGHT signals!

Ujujoan:

You see, I'm not a very religious person. I beleive in God and I go to church . . but I prefer to learn from life's experiences. If I've learnt anything in this life, it's NEVER to forget!  I've 'forgetten' one too many times!

When people show themselves to you, it'll be stooopid to ignore it!  undecided

completely agree (for once), why disregard such "signs". definitely forgive once or twice but no one should ever forget. this is what makes us who we are: life experiences.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

how can beautiful hot dreams of us being passionately together ever be distracted from your mind?!lol, just close your eyes and think about me when Holy child will be making sweet love to you. et voila, i will always be there, even if just in spirit!

ROTFLMAO grin grin

holy child:

Oh i will like to tell you what happen within me and my friend 4 days ago,I knew him to be a very nice and caring guy but he is always been nice more when he sees that i have moni at hand and as a matter of fact he did some thing thing two days ago that i we fought each other with words,Mostly i noticed that i am always on the side of i don''t want to offend my friends even if they offend me.But he took me for grated and i have to react back,But before we end that dispute i have already forgiven him and forget the issue.And we are still Good food friends and we even live in the same flat,so what can you say to that.

Well good for you . . . I'm sure you'll learn with time. I live with one of such 'friends' for 5years and one day I just snapped out of my 'forgiving' nature! Got my freedom I'll tell ya . . . today I'm happier without her in my life! cool cool
Re: I Am Disappointed. by dbigrod(m): 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2010

holy child:

see format

Ujujoan:

Why? Let's talk the talk here oh . . . me I no dey for FB or YIM! cool cool

nice answer.
Re: I Am Disappointed. by iice(f): 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2010
Roll with the punches
Re: I Am Disappointed. by dayokanu(m): 10:00am On Nov 26, 2010
Is iice here?
Re: I Am Disappointed. by iice(f): 10:59am On Nov 26, 2010
Who wants to know? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Women Being Marginalised? / Pics: Funny: Mothers, when you leave Your Babies alone With Their Dads. / I Want To Go Back To Nigeria!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.