Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Unwanted Messages - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Unwanted Messages (628 Views)

Juju To Protect Yourself From NL Unwanted Ban? Come In! / Solution To BLUE Balls:men's Unwanted Friend? / How Do You Respond To Unwanted Broadcast Messages??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unwanted Messages by Eemah(m): 3:41am On Nov 24, 2010
Please I want sumone in the house to help and educate me on how to stop some kind messages that have been coming to my email addresses recently with names of ladies as senders and all claiming to have gotten my address from NAIRALAND proposing relationships to me and then afterwards try to give me some cock and bull's story of how they have been orphaned and inherited some huge sums of money and they are looking for some trust-worthy person who will help them to process the money one was even foolish enuf to send the picture of a lady that looks like a movie star cum model and was saying that He-she lives in a refugee camp in Guinea and from my last check of the UNHCR website there is no refugee camp in that country.
I want the moderatos or sumone in the house to let the moderator's know that they should pleas increase privacy measures on the forum to avoid such messages getting to a NAIRALANDER who might swallow thir tales and fall prey to their antics as for me, I AM BAD MARKET TO THEM.

Re: Unwanted Messages by alanrewaju: 9:30am On Nov 29, 2010
Thanks for the post. I've been getting such messages too though i never respond to them. I just pray no one as fallen to their pranks.
Re: Unwanted Messages by waks1(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2010
I av received such messages too, i responded up to d stage of phone cal to one of there agent pretended 2 be revrend but i always made up my mind dat anytin dat involve sendin money 2 process any doc. Wil amount to scam, they did ask me 4 dat n i bak down. They are scammers dont fall prey.

(1) (Reply)

edited / 2 Weeks Old Ipad 32gb (wi-fi) As Good As New For Sale! / Pls Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.