Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Buying New Tyres In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Buying New Tyres In Nigeria (2422 Views)

Truck Moving Without Front Tyres In Nigeria / Driver Seen Driving A Trailer Without Hind Tyres In Oshodi, Lagos. (video) / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by bizzle2: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2019
I have gone through a couple of tokunbo tyres , from diverse sources ( including NL) in the past few years, and i haven't really gotten the kind of reliability and performance I have been looking for . So i finally decided on trying out brand new tyres.

I am not one to ever settle for cheap options.. ever! I have typically gone for the best I could find and intend to do same in this regard.
I'm looking at Medium to premium range brands (kumho being at the bottom of the list) all the way up to the likes of Michelin/Bridgestone etc.

Now the question is .. Are the Authentic stock of these top brands shipped and sold in Africa/ Middles East same as those Sold in Europe / North America Or are there subtle differences in quality between the regions as is the case with products of Many large Multinational brands.

I will appreciate first hand information on this

Please share first hand experience also if you have opted for any of the above med - premium brands.
Where did you buy?
How was your user experience?

There are so so many design options for any given size of each of these brands based on tyre construction, terrrain, handling characteristics , noise level, comfort, traction/wet stop.etc

I have looked at one or two authorized dealers online and have yet to get what i want.

I have narrowed my priorities to

All Season
All Terrain
size- 255/50R20
Load/speed rating- 109V
Temp - A
Traction- A or AA

Any helpful information with regards cost effective sourcing will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:08am On Dec 04, 2019
bizzle2:
I have gone through a couple of tokunbo tyres , from diverse sources ( including NL) in the past few years, and i haven't really gotten the kind of reliability and performance I have been looking for . So i finally decided on trying out brand new tyres.

I am not one to ever settle for cheap options.. ever! I have typically gone for the best I could find and intend to do same in this regard.
I'm looking at Medium to premium range brands (kumho being at the bottom of the list) all the way up to the likes of Michelin/Bridgestone etc.

Now the question is .. Are the Authentic stock of these top brands shipped and sold in Africa/ Middles East same as those Sold in Europe / North America Or are there subtle differences in quality between the regions as is the case with products of Many large Multinational brands.

I will appreciate first hand information on this

Please share first hand experience also if you have opted for any of the above med - premium brands.
Where did you buy?
How was your user experience?

There are so so many design options for any given size of each of these brands based on tyre construction, terrrain, handling characteristics , noise level, comfort, traction/wet stop.etc

I have looked at one or two authorized dealers online and have yet to get what i want.

I have narrowed my priorities to

All Season
All Terrain
size- 255/50R20
Load/speed rating- 109V
Temp - A
Traction- A or AA

Any helpful information with regards cost effective sourcing will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

I bought a pair of brand new Michelin primacy tires from this guy here.

https://www.nairaland.com/naijatyres

Tire has been solid so far, the best part is the reduced road noise. If I had imported the tires, would have spent roughly the same amount that I spent buying it here so I guess the quality is the same.

1 Like

Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by bizzle2: 11:39am On Dec 05, 2019
rationalmind:

I bought a pair of brand new Michelin primacy tires from this guy here.

https://www.nairaland.com/naijatyres

Tire has been solid so far, the best part is the reduced road noise. If I had imported the tires, would have spent roughly the same amount that I spent buying it here so I guess the quality is the same.
Much appreciated, Thanks.
How long have you had them for? Any long distance trips (6 or more hours) with them?
Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by bizzle2: 9:41pm On Dec 10, 2019
So it Came down to a choice between a set of Michellin Latitude Sports at 90,500 x 4 or the Pirelli Scorpions at 73,500 x4.

both had load/speed ratings of 109Y. And both had similar reviews online.

Did some reasearch and finally settled for the Pirellis from Infinity Tyres on Adeola Odeku. was pretty impressed with their Tire Workshop. Same guy had all four Tires changed,wheels balanced and alignments done in about an hour. The right equipment make all the difference in efficiency.

These are my first set of New Tires ever and believe me , the Difference in traction, handling and Drive Comfort are definitely noticeable!!

1 Like

Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by bizzle2: 9:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
Now it's.. Pedal to The Floor, Look The Devil In The Eye grin

3 Likes

Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by bizzle2: 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2019
Terribly Miss My Old Wheels , We Turned Quite a Few Heads Together

2 Likes

Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by DonBrad: 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
bizzle2:
Terribly Miss My Old Wheels , We Turned Quite a Few Heads Together

Hello Chief, I am considering getting an Acura Mdx too. will really appreciate any advise from you and if we could chat outside here cause
i do have a few questions you're in the best position to help answer.

Thanks.

I look forward to your response
Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by Zane2point4(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2020
I think the old tyres nd wheels look better.
Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
Zane2point4:
I think the old tyres nd wheels look better.
I swear,they look more better on the ride.
Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by bizzle2: 11:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
DonBrad:

Hello Chief, I am considering getting an Acura Mdx too. will really appreciate any advise from you and if we could chat outside here cause
i do have a few questions you're in the best position to help answer.

Thanks.

I look forward to your response
Hi, i no longer have access to the email address attached to this account.
You can email bluebird.redfire@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by DonBrad: 12:17am On Jul 28, 2020
bizzle2:

Thanks. Will do.
Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by DonBrad: 9:16am On Jul 28, 2020
bizzle2:

Just sent you a mail.
Thanks
Re: Buying New Tyres In Nigeria by asamwababy: 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
How much do the rims cost?

(1) (Reply)

Rav4 Vs Crv Vs Exterra / Please Advice Me On KIA Sorento SUV / Any Difference Between VIN And Chassis Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.