Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,980 members, 7,817,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

As Muslims Where Do We Learn To Deal With Social Matters? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / As Muslims Where Do We Learn To Deal With Social Matters? (737 Views)

3 Simple Tips To Deal With Frustration / 5 Ways To Increase Our Iman As Muslims / Muslims, Where Are You Going If You Die? because Heaven Belong To Jesus U Rejected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Muslims Where Do We Learn To Deal With Social Matters? by Qlatyfah(f): 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2010
Its largely known that must masjid/mosque or islamic sect sermons or preaching are based on histrionic/prophetic stories, right and wrong,  righteousness etc[b] but mostly not in "the day to day life" context.[/b] Arabic school does not help much either undecided

So where do muslim look for get real info about -  identity issues,  relationships( esp. pre- nikkah , marriage etc), personal hygiene, career, sex education, etc shocked

for example - i had tosend an sms to the  iman of a masjid i attend a week before valentines asking he use valentines as a topic for the sunday  prayers gathering(asalatu)  and drill in islam's position on same. it worked alahamdullilai

Our spiritual life should guide our social lives but not by default becos social challenges come with age and situations.

Some may seem,  like u should know or something we pick up,  but if no conscious effort is put in place [/i]we pick them yes but from the wrong source.
This brings me to the subject - as muslims where do we learn to deal with social matters?

[i]please lets share for the sake of others and glory of Allah! Thanks
Re: As Muslims Where Do We Learn To Deal With Social Matters? by Osama10(m): 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2010
Have you checked the Quran properly? cool
Re: As Muslims Where Do We Learn To Deal With Social Matters? by Qlatyfah(f): 11:19pm On Nov 24, 2010
yeah, i know what u mean smiley
but does d quran cover topics like sex education, stds, self confidence or career?
you get ?
Re: As Muslims Where Do We Learn To Deal With Social Matters? by chakula: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2010
In the Qur'an,Prophet Traditions and the Concensus of Ulama (Ijtihad)surely these are the primary sources in which every Muslim Based h/sher life upon Socially Mentally Academically and Spiritually.
Re: As Muslims Where Do We Learn To Deal With Social Matters? by Qlatyfah(f): 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2010
chakula:

In the Qur'an,Prophet Traditions and the Concensus of Ulama (Ijtihad)surely these are the primary sources in which every Muslim Based h/sher life upon Socially Mentally Academically and Spiritually.
thanks!

Sure 100% life of a muslim should be based on those, that the norm but do we just buy the quran and hadith etc and keep to ourselves on social matter? look at it this way; when one has self esteem problem/ need to choose a spouse/ learn about effective human relationship, how do u deal with such?
Re: As Muslims Where Do We Learn To Deal With Social Matters? by zayhal(f): 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2010
A lot of Islamic oriented fora address these issues. Organisations like MSSN, MICA, Ansarud-deen Youth Association and the likes organise programmes that are specifically addressing social issues.

Have you tried MICA's leadreship forum? Infact, so many Islamic programmes are there to learn from, where you'll een have interactive sessions.

(1) (Reply)

How The Quran Shapes The Brain / I Am Sure Many Have Seen This Before, But If You Haven't? Have A Peep! / How To Observe Ramadhan In The Northern Pole During Summer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.