Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard (60087 Views)

John Terry Returns To Chelsea / Bayern Leverkusen Mocks Peter Cech After Arsenal 2-0 Defeat / Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Wears Super Eagles Jersey As He Poses With Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by OgaBuhari: 6:16pm On Dec 05, 2019
udemzyudex:

Ok I won't call him olodo next time.
ok abadie
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Bunnatex(m): 6:16pm On Dec 05, 2019
The best defender I've ever seen..

Coming from a Manchester United fan..

1 Like

Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by kendrick93(m): 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
VVD is the overhyped one!! Not the standard!!!
He is really enjoying the social Media era!!!

Terry was far better than him as a defender!!!

The same Terry who couldn't play in a high line?
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by kendrick93(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
VVD is the overhyped one!! Not the standard!!!
He is really enjoying the social Media era!!!

Terry was far better than him as a defender!!!

Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Minemrys: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Ballon d'or is for the calendar year..

Not just a 18/19 season!!!

VVD will be great anywhere but he will not be as good if he doesn't have prolific teammates!!!

Mane is better in 2019 calendar year... To me!!

bros if the criteria was by calendar year then obviously messi shouldn't have w0n then.
And obviously, what u are saying is, if Vvd were to go to chelsea, he wouldn't do ur defense any g0od then.
You keep c0mparing Vvd with pasts playerz in ur arguments as to why he shouldn't be a ball0n d'or c0ntender, and u leave behind the fact that uefa or fifa aren't l0oking at past stats but current ones of playerz. You can't be menti0ning those guys when Vvd never played in their time. Just as u can't c0mpare him with john terry since they aren't playing in same timeline.
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
Minemrys:

bros if the criteria was by calendar year then obviously messi shouldn't have w0n then.
And obviously, what u are saying is, if Vvd were to go to chelsea, he wouldn't do ur defense any g0od then.
You keep c0mparing Vvd with pasts playerz in ur arguments as to why he shouldn't be a ball0n d'or c0ntender, and u leave behind the fact that uefa or fifa aren't l0oking at past stats but current ones of playerz. You can't be menti0ning those guys when Vvd never played in their time. Just as u can't c0mpare him with john terry since they aren't playing in same timeline.
What I am saying is that VVD is good among Quilibaly, Pique, Ramos, etc...

But he is not good enough to be the best player in the world!!

Liverpool is not a defensive team.. A defender don't deserve to be the best player in a team that won 97 points and produce 2 EPL golden boots winner and top assister!!!

Overhyping means, he is good but he is overpraised and therefore take credits for what other players do!!!..

Ballon d'or is a calendar year award... You can check again!!!
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Minemrys: 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
What I am saying is that VVD is good among Quilibaly, Pique, Ramos, etc...

But he is not good enough to be the best player in the world!!

Liverpool is not a defensive team.. A defender don't deserve to be the best player in a team that won 97 points and produce 2 EPL golden boots winner and top assister!!!

Overhyping means, he is good but he is overpraised and therefore take credits for what other players do!!!..

Ballon d'or is a calendar year award... You can check again!!!
then i guess messi that w0n it was the sole reas0n barca w0n the la liga and lost the ucl c0nsidering his attacking prowess and also defending is praised while otherz like pique and suarez did n0thing.
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
[quote author=kendrick93 post=84656917][/quote] Baresi was an excellent Italian defender.. He will definitely want a defender to win the Ballon d'or..

He never got the chance, so was Maldini.. So was Koeman!! !

They will definitely support him.. Because they think it is high time a defender won it..

But my argument is this: is Ballon d'or a Zona award now??

Why don't we just say, 'it is high time a goalkeeper won it' since only Lev Yashin has been able to win it since the award started in 56??

Why not campaign for Allison who won everything this season to be the Ballon d'or winner??

VVD thrives on the overhype!!!

It almost pay off.. Thanks to Nigeria, many African countries, then Lithuania and Luxembourg who voted for Messi as the best.. .

They made the difference!! Just 7 points.. Wow!!!

VVD almost won by the power of the media conferred on us. Hmmmn!
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2019
Minemrys:

then i guess messi that w0n it was the sole reas0n barca w0n the la liga and lost the ucl c0nsidering his attacking prowess and also defending is praised while otherz like pique and suarez did n0thing.
Barcelona is an attacking team and Messi Contributed 74/96 of goals scored in the team...

My Argument is that Liverpool is not a defensive team, a defender(VVD) cannot be the best in a team that produce 2 EPL golden boot winners, top assisters and won 97 points throughout the season! !!

1 Like

Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Monday60655(m): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2019
We love you too @John Terry
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by theDEVILisHERE: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
[quote author=kendrick93 post=84656917][/quote]
Franco Baresi remains the greatest defender of all time
A rugged machine
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by meccuno: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
SultanOfPuna:
And So
Shey Make We Fry Bread..
it's called akara
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Correcto: 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2019
You mean Wayne Bridge ?
helinues:
One of the Chelsea legends.

Ashley Cole wife's saga ruined his reputations not just in Chelsea but England in general.

We all have other side though
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Minemrys: 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Barcelona is an attacking team and Messi Contributed 74/96 of goals scored in the team...

My Argument is that Liverpool is not a defensive team, a defender(VVD) cannot be the best in a team that produce 2 EPL golden boot winners, top assisters and won 97 points throughout the season! !!
oga, if the defense hadn't played their part, Liverpool wouldn't have had 97 points. And don't forget Van dijk didn't c0ntribute to just the defense al0ne. Last week, he was the reas0n we w0n bright0n. He made countless blockings and intercepti0ns against sheffield united at a time salah and mane and firmin0 had an off day. And the goal in that game came n0t fr0m the attackers but a midfielder that sits deep in defense to help the full backs. Against Arsenal last seas0n and against Tottenham, Virgil was a goal threat. He had chances to net hattricks. He even had a chance against barcel0na.
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Myself2(m): 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2019
John Terrible Terry, was he not the one alleged to be sleeping with the wife of his teammates especially Ashley Cole
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Badteke47: 8:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
Legends!!!
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by fideliaudemmadu: 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
helinues:

Ashley Cole wife's saga ruined his reputations not just in Chelsea but England in general.

. Wayne Bridge
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
Minemrys:

oga, if the defense hadn't played their part, Liverpool wouldn't have had 97 points. And don't forget Van dijk didn't c0ntribute to just the defense al0ne. Last week, he was the reas0n we w0n bright0n. He made countless blockings and intercepti0ns against sheffield united at a time salah and mane and firmin0 had an off day. And the goal in that game came n0t fr0m the attackers but a midfielder that sits deep in defense to help the full backs. Against Arsenal last seas0n and against Tottenham, Virgil was a goal threat. He had chances to net hattricks. He even had a chance against barcel0na.
Which defender make Man city win 100 point??
Which defender make Madrid won 100 point with Mourinho
Which defender make Barcelona won 100 points with Tito Villanova(RIP)

Are these defenders the best in respective teams??

It is not possible that a team who won 97 points and produce 2 EPL golden boots winner, is a defensive team..

A defender cannot be the best in that team...

Allison, Fabinho and Matip all contributed to the team success in the defence... Not just VVD!!
He is overpraised for Liverpool success!!

I prefer Mane!!!
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Seventy7kings: 8:46pm On Dec 05, 2019
helinues:

undecided Ashley Cole or Wayne Bridge?
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by GeneralPula: 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
wwwihy:
Chelsea is the most cohesive legendary club in the world. Every former player and legend always want to return.

Unlike a club that Dino Melaye supports, their fans don't have good relationships with their former players

Is that not Ballack in the 4th pic with Lampard?
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by kendrick93(m): 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Baresi was an excellent Italian defender.. He will definitely want a defender to win the Ballon d'or..

He never got the chance, so was Maldini.. So was Koeman!! !

They will definitely support him.. Because they think it is high time a defender won it..

But my argument is this: is Ballon d'or a Zona award now??

Why don't we just say, 'it is high time a goalkeeper won it' since only Lev Yashin has been able to win it since the award started in 56??

Why not campaign for Allison who won everything this season to be the Ballon d'or winner??

VVD thrives on the overhype!!!

It almost pay off.. Thanks to Nigeria, many African countries, then Lithuania and Luxembourg who voted for Messi as the best.. .

They made the difference!! Just 7 points.. Wow!!!

VVD almost won by the power of the media conferred on us. Hmmmn!
Keep on backpedaling. So it was the media who convinced all those countries to VVD.... They they put a gun to their head if i may ask?
Sorry but I would take the words of Baresi and Kompany over you
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by LivingSage: 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2019
Blue blood runs in my immediate and extended family's veins. We're blue
Hope you've been here as well @ Seunmohmoh wink
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by GeneralPula: 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2019
id911:
Captain. Leader. Legend. Best Chelseafc defender of all time. [b]Your partnership with Richado Calvalho was the best partnership ever in Chelsea's history. Respect my evergreen Captain! [/b]

Confam NI , but not only in Chelsea, one of the best partnership in football history! They were the brain box behind packing the bus that later got spread!

1 Like

Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2019
I'm a die hard Chelsea fan though.
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by SEGLIZ: 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
Iykediallo:
Wow my favorite center back then. Though im a barca fan. Captain fantastic

you're equally a legend, watching good football not just a club supporter.
your likes are rare around, keep it up good for the health.
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by SEGLIZ: 9:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
GeneralPula:

Confam NI , but not only in Chelsea, one of the best partnership in football history! They were the brain box behind packing the bus that later got spread!

meaning they introduced the pattern of football "park bus."
these are not just footballers but inventors.
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Minemrys: 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Which defender make Man city win 100 point??
Which defender make Madrid won 100 point with Mourinho
Which defender make Barcelona won 100 points with Tito Villanova(RIP)

Are these defenders the best in respective teams??

It is not possible that a team who won 97 points and produce 2 EPL golden boots winner, is a defensive team..

A defender cannot be the best in that team...

Allison, Fabinho and Matip all contributed to the team success in the defence... Not just VVD!!
He is overpraised for Liverpool success!!

I prefer Mane!!!
i can see u are just talking to trash talk Vvd. Speaking of man city, how has their defense been after the exit of k0mpany and Laporte's injury this seas0n. City have been c0nceeding goals they wouldn't have. And when u c0nceed goals while leading with 2:1, ur point drops fr0m 3 to 1. And when u were on equal f0oting like against wolves or n0rwich and the defense slips and the opp0nent sc0res, that's u l0osing 3 points. N0w at the end of the day, calculate the points u would've amassed had the defense been g0od. That's what is going on with man city n0w. Same defense issue cost us the league in 2014. In a game that could've been a title decider, Liverp0ol were leading Crystal palace with 3 goals up then due to stupid defensive issues, palace equalized and Liverpo0l ended up 1 point. It was in that game man city got a 2 point advantage that gave them the league that seas0n as they w0n their last 2 matches.
And again, last seas0n when Liverpool played man city at etihad, there was a goal line clearance by a man city defender that ensured man city w0n that match. N0w, had the defender n0t d0ne that, we w0uld have ended that game with a draw and potentially w0n the league. Same with c0mmunity shield this seas0n when Kyle walker of man city made a goal line clearance fr0m a Salah potential goal that would've w0n Liverpool that shield. Hence Walker literally w0n that shield with that clearance as it kept man city in the game till the penalty shoot outs. Yes, defenderz helped man city and madrid win points. Have a faulty defense, and u c0nceed goals. And goals determine sc0res.
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
Minemrys:

i can see u are just talking to trash talk Vvd. Speaking of man city, how has their defense been after the exit of k0mpany and Laporte's injury this seas0n. City have been c0nceeding goals they wouldn't have. And when u c0nceed goals while leading with 2:1, ur point drops fr0m 3 to 1. And when u were on equal f0oting like against wolves or n0rwich and the defense slips and the opp0nent sc0res, that's u l0osing 3 points. N0w at the end of the day, calculate the points u would've amassed had the defense been g0od. That's what is going on with man city n0w. Same defense issue cost us the league in 2014. In a game that could've been a title decider, Liverp0ol were leading Crystal palace with 3 goals up then due to stupid defensive issues, palace equalized and Liverpo0l ended up 1 point. It was in that game man city got a 2 point advantage that gave them the league that seas0n as they w0n their last 2 matches.
And again, last seas0n when Liverpool played man city at etihad, there was a goal line clearance by a man city defender that ensured man city w0n that match. N0w, had the defender n0t d0ne that, we w0uld have ended that game with a draw and potentially w0n the league. Same with c0mmunity shield this seas0n when Kyle walker of man city made a goal line clearance fr0m a Salah potential goal that would've w0n Liverpool that shield. Hence Walker literally w0n that shield with that clearance as it kept man city in the game till the penalty shoot outs. Yes, defenderz helped man city and madrid win points. Have a faulty defense, and u c0nceed goals. And goals determine sc0res.
Are the defenders the best players of such high scoring teams??
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2019
kendrick93:
Keep on backpedaling. So it was the media who convinced all those countries to VVD.... They they put a gun to their head if i may ask?
Sorry but I would take the words of Baresi and Kompany over you
Sure!!!
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Mryacks: 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
Chuks9000:
Love this guy.
He is about the last dependable defender!

True. Even as an Arsenal I always liked JT.. captain, leader, legend. Respect!

1 Like

Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Minemrys: 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
eni4real:
Are the defenders the best players of such high scoring teams??

why n0t? U got to l0ok at their work rate. Key tackles, intercepti0n, speed and passes. Also ball distributi0n and winning headers. Plus s0me defenders assist. Acc0rding to Vvd's stats in terms of speed, he was the fastest defender last seas0n and even beat s0me forwards in speed ratio.
Re: Terry Returns To Stamford Bridge, Poses With Cech, Lampard by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 05, 2019
Minemrys:

why n0t? U got to l0ok at their work rate. Key tackles, intercepti0n, speed and passes. Also ball distributi0n and winning headers. Plus s0me defenders assist. Acc0rding to Vvd's stats in terms of speed, he was the fastest defender last seas0n and even beat s0me forwards in speed ratio.
fastest?? With the ball or without the ball??

VVD really enjoyed the hype last season. Chai!!

Laporte or Kompany was not the best player in Man City which won 100 points

Sergio Ramos was not the best player in the Real Madrid team which won 100 points

Puyol was not the best player in the Barcelona team which won 100 points.. despite having Valdez as the goalkeeper

All of a sudden, VVD was the best player of Kopp's Liverpool which won 97 points, produced 2 EPL golden boots winner, and top assister..
An attacking team can never have a defender as his best player..

VVD hype was just an EPL agenda backed by all ex defenders because they think their role has been overlooked.. And you know, if Modric could win the Ballon d'or, why not VVD??

Thankfully, Ballon d'or has regained its respect now...!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Removes Heineken Bottle, Follows Cristiano Ronaldo's Footsteps (Video / Pele Is Hospitalised Over Swollen Body, Heart Issues / Ronaldo And His Daughters, Alana Martina And Eva Maria Strike A Pose (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.