Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? (697 Views)

CV Template/format For All Jobs In Nigeria 2019 Pdf/word Doc. / Differences Between A CV And A Resume / Earn N1000 By Converting 10 Lectures In Word Doc To Powerpoint. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? by Baileyz101(m): 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hello Nairalanders. HR/Admin Officers in the house, please which format is the best to use for a CV? Thank you
Re: Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? by meobizy(f): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
It depends on the employer. Possess both for the best chance of employment.
Re: Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? by Baileyz101(m): 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2019
meobizy:
It depends on the employer. Possess both for the best chance of employment.

Thank you but in a case where they just say forward your CV to ................Email. which one do you think is best to send?
Re: Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? by meobizy(f): 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2019
Baileyz101:

Thank you but in a case where they just say forward your CV to ................Email. which one do you think is best to send?
A word document. If they’re too lazy to specify which is needed then they should accept whichever comes their way. Word documents are the standard requirement when it comes to job applications.
Re: Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2019
I've always felt odd sending a CV doc file, but when I send PDF. I feel it's alright.

2 Likes

Re: Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? by FlutterDollar99(m): 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2019
Baileyz101:

i will chose pdf because word document scatters most times

1 Like

Re: Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? by Baileyz101(m): 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
Jhaytee4all:
I've always felt odd sending a CV doc file, but when I send PDF. I feel it's alright.

Me too. Whenever i send a word doc i feel some things like fonts, paragraph and other edit i made would have changed when the recipient is viewing the file

1 Like

Re: Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
Baileyz101:

Me too. Whenever i send a word doc i feel some things like fonts, paragraph and other edit i made would have changed when the recipient is viewing the file

Precisely!
Re: Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? by LongThickPenis(m): 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
FlutterDollar99:
i will chose pdf because word document scatters most times
It scatters if the receiver is using an older version of MSWord than that you used to create it to read your CV. I feel word is ideal so that if recruiter us using ATS software, with key words, they can identify your CV if those key words are there. I stand to be corrected but I think pdf would pose issues for ATS
Re: Which Format Is The Best For A Resume/cv? Word Doc Or Pdf? by Martins004(m): 12:39am On Dec 06, 2019
Ms Word

(1) (Reply)

Which Offer Should I Go For / Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) Massive Job Recruitment 2020 / Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.