Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,383 members, 7,836,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye (1632 Views)

Osaze Odemwingie Says 70% Of African Players Use Juju / Brown Ideye Buys A 2018 Rolls Royce Wraith For His 30th Birthday / Nigerian Striker, Brown Ideye Buys Himself A 2018 Rolls Royce For His Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by reportminds: 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
Former Super Eagles striker Brown Ideye has sensationally reveal that players of the senior national team of Nigeria use charms to aid their performance on the pitch.

The debate on if Juju really works in football particularly African football has been on for a while and Ideye has now lifted the lid on the issue insisting that the practice is well and truly the norm with Nigerian players.

Ideye who was a part of the Nigerian team that won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations said it's normal for the players of the senior national team of Nigeria and players from other African countries despite the fact that the fact that most of them are either Christians or Muslims.

Although he insist he has most times rely on his natural ability and God given potential to play, same can't be said about his national team colleagues who are mostly in the act of collecting good luck charms from witch doctors to aid their performance.

“I know players who get involved with the juju men and they can’t get out, It's common in the Super Eagles ," Ideye said.

"It’s a trap. They might get short-term benefits, but in the long run they pay for it. Juju men have a lot of influence.

“These are men who are just trying to make themselves rich and tell you they can make your life perfect.

“If things like that worked then instead of Messi and Ronaldo winning world player of the year it should be some African players.

“I would advise players not to follow this route but it’s their choice, I can’t stop them.”

The former West Brom ‎striker who now plays for Greek side Aris is well remembered in Nigeria for the role he played in helping Nigeria end their long wait to lift the Africa Cup of Nations and what would have been his big break didn't happen when former Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi surprisingly dropped him from the squad to the 2014 World Cup.

Although the omission didn't affect the forward much as few months later he became the most expensive striker of West Brom when he joined them from Ukrainian outfit Dynamo Kiev for a then record transfer fee of £9m. He however failed to live up to the big money tag and left the club after just 18 months.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/super-eagles-players-use-juju-to-play.html?m=1

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by Abfinest007(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
it seems I know some

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
What higgledy-piggledy is this guy talking... angry

What a way to end my evening. The sort of BS people say these days.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by Brandstudio01: 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
On Open air?
Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by Rednaxelot: 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hmmm!

Little wonder Paul Onuachu was always playing ahead of Victor Osimhen at the last nations cup.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by hisgrace090: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2019
Real juju users will soon come here to deny the existence of juju by trying to rubbish this claim but we know them better for now.
Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by darocha1: 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2019
I didn't expect otherwise. I knew he was going to exempt himself but point fingers at others.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by uzohrome(m): 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2019
Buhari regime has a great effect on juju now self... no more effective like before. no be only juju na jazz.
Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by chigoziri2403(m): 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2019
Its everywhere, this is Africa,
Our juju has won us the world cup on several occasions
Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by CAPSLOCKED: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2019

-AFRICANS HAVE VERY STRONG JUJU.
-AFRICAN PLAYERS USE JUJU TO PLAY.
- AFRICAN JUJU AND JAZZ IS SO POWERFUL.

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS

HOW MANY WORLD CUP TROPHIES HAVE WE LIFTED AS AFRICANS?
HOW MANY FIFA WORLD BEST PLAYERS IN HISTORY ARE AFRICANS?
APART FROM A SHORT LIST OF MANE, NDIDI, MUSA, AND CO, HOW MANY AFRICAN PLAYERS PLAY REASONABLE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL BOTH ON LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL LEVELS?

USING OUR JUJU, WHEN ARE WE SENDING EVEN IF IT'S A BANANA TO THE MOON?

NONSENSE JUJU AND AFRICANS.
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by MrBONE2(m): 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2019
hisgrace090:
Real juju users will soon come here to deny the existence of juju by trying to rubbish this claim but we know them better for now.

grin

Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by MrBONE2(m): 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2019
darocha1:
I didn't expect otherwise. I knew he was going to exempt himself but point fingers at others.

grin

Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by Sabby1(m): 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2019
With all the JUJU, dem neva carry WORLD CUP
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by izzou(m): 9:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
darocha1:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by Homers123(m): 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
Niggah please, so he is playing the saint card? Goddamnnnnnnnnnnnnn it.
Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by Ryocaj(m): 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
Africa's juju is very powerful.. its not just so potent wen used for good.. it is mostly evil.. it works wonders wen it comes 2 evil..
Re: Super Eagles Players Use Juju To Play - Brown Ideye by Starboytwo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
So what if they used, don't you use JESUS...

You pray to Jesus, they pray to juju... If they ate doing better than you, maybe you shiuld switch or geh d fvck.

(1) (Reply)

Angry Liverpool Fans:"Go Back To Dortmund!" #KloppOut Trends On Twitter / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde 1 - 1 FullTime / See Jay-jay Okocha's Luxury Car Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.