Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? (27736 Views)

Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray / Who Wrote The Quran? / Will He Be Rewarded For Listening To The Qur’aan Without Understanding It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:01am On Dec 07, 2019
Question
Who wrote the Qur’aan and how was it put together?

Answer
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:
Allaah has guaranteed to preserve this Qur’aan Himself. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’aan) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)”
[al-Hijr 15:9]

Ibn Jareer al-Tabari said in his Tafseer, 14/8:
Allaah is saying, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (Reminder), i.e. the Qur’aan, and We will guard the Qur’aan against anything false being added to it that is not part of it, or anything that is part of it being taken away, whether that has to do with rulings, hudood punishments or matters having to do with inheritance.

Al-Sa’di said in his Tafseer (p. 696):
It is We Who have sent down the Qur’aan in which there is mention of all issues and clear evidence, and in which We remind those who want to be reminded.

“and surely, We will guard it” means, when it is being revealed and after it has been revealed. When it is revealed, We protect it from the tampering of every accursed devil, and after it has been revealed Allaah instilled it in the heart of His Messenger. Allaah protected the words from being changed and from anything being added or taken away, or from its meanings being distorted. So no one can attempt to distort its meanings but Allaah will guide someone to explain the truth of the Qur’aan. This is one of the greatest signs of Allaah and His blessing to His believing slaves. Another aspect of this protection is that Allaah protects the people of the Qur’aan against their enemies, and no enemy can overpower them and eliminate them.

The Qur’aan was revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in stages over a period of twenty-three years. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (it is) a Qur’aan which We have divided (into parts), in order that you might recite it to men at intervals. And We have revealed it by stages”
[al-Isra’ 17:106]

Al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
This means, We have revealed this Qur’aan in stages, to differentiate between guidance and misguidance, between truth and falsehood.

“in order that you might recite it to men at intervals” means, slowly, so that they may ponder and think about its meanings, and understand the different branches of knowledge contained therein.

“And We have revealed it by stages” means, gradually, over a period of twenty-three years.
Tafseer al-Sa’di, p. 760.

Secondly:
Literacy was not widespread among the Arabs. Allaah described them in such terms when He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“He it is Who sent among the unlettered ones a Messenger (Muhammad) from among themselves”
[al-Jumu’ah 63:2]

They used to memorize the Qur’aan by heart, and a few of them used to write down some verses or soorahs on animal skins, thin white stones and the like.

Thirdly:
At first the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the writing of anything other than the Qur’aan, and he forbade them to write down his words for a while, so that the Sahaabah would focus on memorizing the Qur’aan and writing it down, and so that the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would not be confused with the words of Allaah, and so the Qur’aan was protected from anything being added or taken away.

Fourthly:
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) appointed a group of his companions who were trustworthy and knowledgeable to write down the revelation. They are known in their biographies as those who wrote down the Revelation, such as the four Caliphs, ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas, Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan, Zayd ibn Thaabit and others – may Allaah be pleased with them all.

Fifthly:
The Qur’aan was revealed in seven dialects as was narrated in the saheeh hadeeth of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This was narrated by al-Bukhaari (2287) and Muslim (818); these were the dialects of the Arabs which were known for their eloquence.

Sixthly:
The Qur’aan continued to be preserved in the hearts of the Sahaabah who had memorized it, and on the skins and other materials until the time of the caliph Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him). During the Riddah wars many of the Sahaabah who had memorized the Qur’aan were killed, and Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) was afraid that the Qur’aan would be lost. So he consulted the senior Sahaabah about compiling the Qur’aan in a single book so that it would remain preserved and would not be lost. He entrusted this mission to the chief of memorizers Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him). Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh (4986) that Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq sent for me when the people of al-Yamaamah had been killed [i.e., a number of the Prophet's Companions who fought against the false prophet Musaylimah]. (I went to him) and found ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab sitting with him. Abu Bakr then said (to me), “ ‘Umar has come to me and said: ‘Casualties were heavy among the Qurra' of the Qur'aan (i.e. those who knew the Qur’aan by heart) on the day of the battle of al-Yamaamah, and I am afraid that more heavy casualties may take place among the Qurra' on other battlefields, whereby a large part of the Qur’aan may be lost. Therefore I suggest that you (Abu Bakr) order that the Qur’aan be collected.” I said to 'Umar, "How can you do something that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do?" 'Umar said, "By Allah, this is something good." 'Umar kept on urging me to accept his proposal till Allaah opened my heart to it and I began to realize the good in the idea which 'Umar had realized." Then Abu Bakr said (to me). “You are a wise young man and we do not have any suspicion about you, and you used to write the Divine Inspiration for the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). So search for (the fragmentary scripts of) the Qur’aan and compile it in one book." By Allah If they had ordered me to move one of the mountains, it would not have been heavier for me than this ordering me to compile the Qur’aan. Then I said (to Abu Bakr), "How can you do something that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not do?" Abu Bakr replied, "By Allaah, it is a good thing." Abu Bakr kept on urging me to accept his idea until Allaah opened my heart to that to which He had opened the hearts of Abu Bakr and 'Umar. So I started looking for the Qur’aan and collecting it from (what it was written on) palm stalks, thin white stones and also from the men who knew it by heart, until I found the last Verse of Soorat al-Tawbah with Abu Khuzaymah al-Ansaari, and I did not find it with anybody other than him. The verse is (interpretation of the meaning):

"Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad) from amongst yourselves. It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty...” [al-Tawbah 9:128] until the end of Soorat Baraa’ah (i.e., al-Tawbah).

Then the complete manuscript (copy) of the Qur’aan remained with Abu Bakr until he died, then with 'Umar until the end of his life, and then with Hafsah, the daughter of 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him).

The Sahaabi Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him) knew the Qur’aan by heart but he was methodical in his confirmation; he would not agree to write down any verse until two of the Sahaabah testified that they had heard it from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

This Mus-haf (written copy of the Qur’aan) remained in the hands of the caliphs until the time of the Rightly-Guided Caliph ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan (may Allaah be pleased with him). The Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) had dispersed to different lands, and they used to recite the Qur’aan according to what they had heard of the seven recitations from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and each of their students used to recite according to what he had heard from his shaykh. If a student heard someone reciting in a manner different from what he knew, he would denounce him and accuse him of making a mistake, and this went on until the Sahaabah feared that there would be fitnah (trouble) between the Taabi’een and successive generations. So they thought that they should unite the people in following one recitation, which was in the dialect of Quraysh in which the Qur’aan had first been revealed, so as to dispel any disputes and resolve the matter. ‘Uthmaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) was consulted, and he agreed with this opinion.

Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh (4988) from Anas ibn Maalik that Hudhayfah ibn al-Yamaan came to ‘Uthmaan at the time when the people of Shaam (Syria) and the people of Iraq were waging war to conquer Armenia and Azerbaijan. Hudhayfah was alarmed by their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur’aan, so he said to 'Uthmaan, "O Ameer al-Mu’mineen! Save this nation before they dispute about the Book (Qur’aan) as the Jews and the Christians did before." So 'Uthmaan sent a message to Hafsah saying, "Send us the manuscript of the Qur’aan so that we may make copies of the Mus-haf and we will return the manuscript to you."

Hafsah sent it to 'Uthmaan. Then 'Uthmaan ordered Zayd ibn Thaabit, 'Abdullah ibn al-Zubayr, Sa’eed ibn al-‘Aas and ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Haarith ibn Hishaam to copy out the manuscripts. 'Uthmaan said to the three men who were from Quraysh (the tribe of which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was a member), “In case you disagree with Zayd ibn Thaabit on any point in the Qur’aan, then write it in the dialect of Quraysh, for the Qur’aan was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthmaan returned the original manuscripts to Hafsah.

'Uthmaan sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'aanic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt.

Ibn Shihaab said: Khaarijah ibn Zayd ibn Thaabit told me that he heard Zayd ibn Thaabit say: “When we made copies of the Mus-haf I missed a verse of al-Ahzaab that I used to hear the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recite. So we searched for it and we found it with Khuzaymah ibn Thaabit al-Ansaari. (The verse was) ‘Among the believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allaah’ [al-Ahzaab 33:23 – interpretation of the meaning]. So we put it in its place in its soorah in the Mus-haf.”

Thus an end was put to dispute and the Muslims were united. The Qur’aan has remained and will remain narrated from generation to generation and preserved in men's hearts until the Day of Resurrection. This is how Allaah has preserved His Book, in confirmation of the verse in which He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’aan) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)”
[al-Hijr 15:9]

And Allaah knows best.

Source

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:30am On Dec 09, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:
The Koran was compiled 20 years after Mohammed death and the companions that memorized it were massacred like Suya in a battle.

This a lie. Not all of them died. Don't be too lazy. Cultivate the habit of reading long post. Read more than you type. In the OP, it was stated that the Sahaabi Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him) knew the Qur’aan by heart but he was methodical in his confirmation; he would not agree to write down any verse until two of the Sahaabah testified that they had heard it from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

OfficialAPCNig:
Instead of preaching to win souls for allahu, they were busy fighting jihad for their spineless blood sucking gay God and were massacred.

There is no Prophet that did not preach to people. You Christians are always putting up lies to win souls for your Christ.

You mean deaths like that in Judges 20:45
Then the Benjamites turned and fled toward the wilderness to the rock of Rimmon, and Israel cut down 5,000 men on the roads. And they overtook them at Gidom and struck down 2,000 more.

or Numbers 31 vs 17-18 Wherein your Gods commanded:
So now, kill all the boys, as well as every woman who has had relations with a man, 18but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

This one is not Jihad but genocide right and it is OK since it is found in the Bible and being commanded by the three Gods in one?

OfficialAPCNig:
Koran is the original work of one man who relied on memorized verses, verses inscribed on leafstalk and caves 20 years ago to develop the Koran.
Many written verses were destroyed in the battle and many of the companions were killed.

Above there in your first lie you opined that the companions who memorised the Qur'an were killed. Now you said many were killed. The stench of your lies is now evident.

OfficialAPCNig:
The olodo forgot that Maryam the mother of Jesus isn't the same as Miriam the sister of Aaron.

“(Remember) when the angels said: ‘O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word (“Be!” - and he was! i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)) from Him, his name will be the Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah’”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:45]

Where did he forgot?

OfficialAPCNig:
What the Moslem fools will not tell you is that Zayd was not able to salvage all the verses of Koran.
Koran is not complete

The Sahaabi Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him) knew the Qur’aan by heart but he was methodical in his confirmation; he would not agree to write down any verse until two of the Sahaabah testified that they had heard it from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Learn to read the OP well to minimize me recopying what is already stated in the OP! You have two eyes and ear but one mouth.

OfficialAPCNig

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by OfficialAPCNig: 7:47am On Dec 09, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Where is this written in the Bible? Or we should just take your pastor's trash as it is without evidence?
Simple questions for your coconut head
1. Was the Koran compiled by zayd?
2. The compilation started 20 years after the death of Mohammed. True or false?
3. Were the companion that memorized the Koran not massacred in a battle?
4. To compile the Koran didn't zayd rely on the testimonies of few of the survivors of Mohammed companions?
5. Is it possible for someone to memorize 6,400 verses of a prose over 20 years without mixing up things?
6. Didn't Zayd also reference verses of the Koran written 20 years ago on leafstalk, caves and animal collar bones to compile the Koran?
7. Zayd wasn't able to salvage all the written verses of Koran when compiling the Koran. True or false?
8. Mary the mother of Jesus is not the same person as Miriam the sister ofAaron. True or false?
9. When zayd compiled his Koran, different versions of the Koran exists. True or false.
10. Was it not the caliph that ordered the ummah to burn and bury every copies of the koranthry had and use only zayd copy?

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:22am On Dec 09, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Simple questions for your coconut head
Calling someone you met online who may be your elder names is offensive and shows you lack proper home training. Work on your etiquette and manners.

OfficialAPCNig:
1. Was the Koran compiled by zayd?
The Qur'an was compiled by Zayd on the order of Abu Bakr and Umar ( May Allah be pleased with them all. This is clearly stated in the OP with authentic hadith but as you can't read...

OfficialAPCNig:
2. The compilation started 20 years after the death of Mohammed. True or false?
False. Abu Bakr and Umar suggested Zayd to compile the Qur'an. Abu Bakr died 2 years after the Prophet. Not 20 years but 2 years!

OfficialAPCNig:
3. Were the companion that memorized the Koran not massacred in a battle?
Many were massacred but Zayd ibn Thabit, Abu Bakr, Umar and many other memorisers were not.

OfficialAPCNig:
4. To compile the Koran didn't zayd rely on the testimonies of few of the survivors of Mohammed companions?

The word "few" is relative. The Sahaabi Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him) knew the Qur’aan by heart but he was methodical in his confirmation; he would not agree to write down any verse until two of the Sahaabah testified that they had heard it from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

OfficialAPCNig:
5. Is it possible for someone to memorize 6,400 verses of a prose over 20 years without mixing up things?
It is 2 years. And millions do memorise the Qur'an too today!

OfficialAPCNig:
6. Didn't Zayd also reference verses of the Koran written 20 years ago on leafstalk, caves and animal collar bones to compile the Koran?
Of cos he did but he (may Allaah be pleased with him) knew the Qur’aan by heart and was methodical in his confirmation; he would not agree to write down any verse until two of the Sahaabah testified that they had heard it from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

OfficialAPCNig:
7. Zayd wasn't able to salvage all the written verses of Koran when compiling the Koran. True or false?
False. Where did you get all this lies from?

OfficialAPCNig:
8. Mary the mother of Jesus is not the same person as Miriam the sister of Aaron. True or false?
True.
OfficialAPCNig:
9. When zayd compiled his Koran, different versions of the Koran exists. True or false.
False.
OfficialAPCNig:
10. Was it not the caliph that ordered the ummah to burn and bury every copies of the koranthry had and use only zayd copy?
Don't be confused. All this your confusion would have been thrashed if you have been patient enough to read the original post.

After compilation by Zayd....
Then the complete manuscript (copy) of the Qur’aan remained with Abu Bakr until he died, then with 'Umar until the end of his life, and then with Hafsah, the daughter of 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him).

This Mus-haf (written copy of the Qur’aan) remained in the hands of the caliphs until the time of the Rightly-Guided Caliph ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan (may Allaah be pleased with him). The Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) had dispersed to different lands, and they used to recite the Qur’aan according to what they had heard of the seven recitations from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and each of their students used to recite according to what he had heard from his shaykh. If a student heard someone reciting in a manner different from what he knew, he would denounce him and accuse him of making a mistake, and this went on until the Sahaabah feared that there would be fitnah (trouble) between the Taabi’een and successive generations. So they thought that they should unite the people in following one recitation, which was in the dialect of Quraysh in which the Qur’aan had first been revealed, so as to dispel any disputes and resolve the matter. ‘Uthmaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) was consulted, and he agreed with this opinion.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by OfficialAPCNig: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Re-read the previous post. Your hand is faster than your brain.
He couldn't answer them like I rightly guessed

5 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by OfficialAPCNig: 11:26am On Dec 15, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Calling someone you met online who may be your elder names is offensive and shows you lack proper home training. Work on your etiquette and manners.

The Qur'an was compiled by Zayd on the order of Abu Bakr and Umar ( May Allah be pleased with them all. This is clearly stated in the OP with authentic hadith but as you can't read...

False. Abu Bakr and Umar suggested Zayd to compile the Qur'an. Abu Bakr died 2 years after the Prophet. Not 20 years but 2 years!

Many were massacred but Zayd ibn Thabit, Abu Bakr, Umar and many other memorisers were not.

The word "few" is relative. The Sahaabi Zayd ibn Thaabit (may Allaah be pleased with him) knew the Qur’aan by heart but he was methodical in his confirmation; he would not agree to write down any verse until two of the Sahaabah testified that they had heard it from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Of cos he did but he (may Allaah be pleased with him) knew the Qur’aan by heart and was methodical in his confirmation; he would not agree to write down any verse until two of the Sahaabah testified that they had heard it from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

True.
False.
Don't be confused. All this your confusion would have been thrashed if you have been patient enough to read the original post.

You want to deceive me with Taqqiya abi? Kindly deceive your fellow Yoruba Moslems.

Zayd started compiling the Koran 20 years after your rosul's death.

Some of the verses of the Koran that were written down in the time of Mohammed were destroyed in the war that killed many of Mohammed companions.

There were different versions of Koran after the compilation. Umar ordered the ummah to burn them.

You knew Mary the mother of Jesus is not the same as Miriam the sister of Aaron, so why did zayd portrayed the two as the same.

At least you agreed that one man compiled the Koran, so how are you sure he didn't utter it even by a single letter?

He divided the Koran into verses and re-arranged them. That is why some portions are illogical, disjointed and incoherent.

Dont deceive us.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by true2god: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

You want to deceive me with Taqqiya abi? Kindly deceive your fellow Yoruba Moslems.

Some of the verses of the Koran that were written down in the time of Mohammed were destroyed in the war that killed many of Mohammed companions.

There were different versions of Koran after the compilation. Umar ordered the ummah to burn them.

You knew Mary the mother of Jesus is not the same as Miriam the sister of Aaron, so why did zayd portrayed the two as the same.

At least you agreed that one man compiled the Koran, so how are you sure he didn't utter it even by a single letter?

He divided the Koran into verses and re-arranged them. That is why some portions are illogical, disjointed and incoherent.

Dont deceive us.
You have done excellently well. Mohammd will be shocked if he sees today's copy of the quran produced by the khalifas for their political gain. Omar Ibn Kathab was the brain behind the quran while Zaid ibn Thabit was only used as a project supervisor for the compilation of the quran.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Dont deceive us.

I don't think there's any point responding to you any longer. Since you accused me of telling lies!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
true2god:
You have done excellently well. Mohammd will be shocked if he sees today's copy of the quran produced by the khalifas for their political gain. Omar Ibn Kathab was the brain behind the quran while Zaid ibn Thabit was only used as a project supervisor for the compilation of the quran.

Those two people you mentioned were memorisers of the Qur'an too!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by OfficialAPCNig: 6:06am On Dec 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I don't think there's any point responding to you any longer. Since you accused me of telling lies!
You have been defeated since you having nothing more to say to defend your allahu

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by OfficialAPCNig: 7:16am On Dec 18, 2019
true2god:
Not just shocked but also disappointed that his scribe altered his Koran.

10 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by true2god: 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Those two people you mentioned were memorisers of the Qur'an too!
Being a memorizer is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for one to compile the quran. Mohammed asked muslims to collect the quran from 4 people and among them is ibn Masud and he didnt agree with Zaid ibn Thabit:

Az-Zuhri said: "'Ubaidullah bin 'Abdullah bin 'Utbah informed me that 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud disliked Zaid bin Thabit copying the Musahif, and he said: 'O you Muslims people! Avoid copying the Mushaf and the recitation of this man. By Allah! When I accepted Islam he was but in the loins of a disbelieving man' - meaning Zaid bin Thabit - and it was regarding this that 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud said: 'O people of Al-'Iraq! Keep the Musahif that are with you, and conceal them. For indeed Allah said: And whoever conceals something, he shall come with what he concealed on the Day of Judgement (3:161). So meet Allah with the Musahif.'" Az-Zuhri said: "It was conveyed to me that some men amongst the most virtuous of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah () disliked that view of Ibn Mas'ud."
Jami' at-Tirmidhi Vol. 5, Book 44, Hadith 3104

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
true2god:
Being a memorizer is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for one to compile the quran. Mohammed asked muslims to collect the quran from 4 people and among them is ibn Masud and he didnt agree with Zaid ibn Thabit:

Az-Zuhri said: "'Ubaidullah bin 'Abdullah bin 'Utbah informed me that 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud disliked Zaid bin Thabit copying the Musahif, and he said: 'O you Muslims people! Avoid copying the Mushaf and the recitation of this man. By Allah! When I accepted Islam he was but in the loins of a disbelieving man' - meaning Zaid bin Thabit - and it was regarding this that 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud said: 'O people of Al-'Iraq! Keep the Musahif that are with you, and conceal them. For indeed Allah said: And whoever conceals something, he shall come with what he concealed on the Day of Judgement (3:161). So meet Allah with the Musahif.'" Az-Zuhri said: "It was conveyed to me that some men amongst the most virtuous of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah () disliked that view of Ibn Mas'ud."
Jami' at-Tirmidhi Vol. 5, Book 44, Hadith 3104

Questions:
1. Why don't you quote this hadith in full? You abrigded it for your mischief right?
2. Who is Az-Zuhri?
The first statement from Az-Zuhri supports your claim and the second statement is against your claim. So the view of the most virtuous of the Sahabahs is majority view!
And mind you, here is a list of some of the memorisers of the Qur'an from the time of Muhammad till about 3AH.
Hope you and the OfficialAPCNig can digest it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by itsme01: 9:01am On Dec 20, 2019
cool

Angel gabriel who whispered to Mary of the special pregnancy of Jesus christ, also whispered the Quran to Mohammed SAW

4 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by themosthigh: 9:06am On Dec 20, 2019
what does it matter. It is a book from God.
Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Toks2008(m): 9:08am On Dec 20, 2019
Firstly, sixthly, I was expecting tenthly Lol!

Next time OP just put numbers and not all these funny tags.

As for the Qur'an I learnt that some Christians were captured in a cave and made to write the Qur'an from biblical manuscripts.

I don't know if this is true but a converted Islamic cleric gave this narration.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by alphaNomega: 9:11am On Dec 20, 2019
Lol. You guys should wake up. All these religious books were written by people like you, the problem is that they are conmen.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by FreeSoworeNow: 9:11am On Dec 20, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
Angel gabriel who whispered to marry of the special pregnancy of Jesus christ, also whispered the Quran to Mohammed SAW
[/s]
guy you no be Muslim

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by nutarious(f): 9:16am On Dec 20, 2019
There is a way you tell yourself lies and want to believe the lies, at such point the lies looks like truth.

But when it's tested in open experiments, such lies won't or can't hold.

Muslims believe Quran is perfect, yet it was Compiled by a Man, can you believe that, that the Human brain is capable of retaining such verse?

Yet, Muslim choose to believe much of this unproven tendencies.

If you agree He was good in Memmorizing, why did he also gather from old writen ones around.

Also, robots have not been produced to 100% efficiency, not to talk of Man.

So we all should just believe a Man was perfect enough to write and we believe this man was absolutely correct.

When Religion is beyond facts and truths it has become illusion.

I recommend you dont post such things again. Your other Muslim. Brethren won't be happy

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by olaadesino(m): 9:30am On Dec 20, 2019
When we are talking about religion, Christianity is not included but an association. Simple question, what is religion of Jesus Christ?

4 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Oluwadare316(m): 9:30am On Dec 20, 2019
May God help this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Moneyboyz: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

True.
False.

Alaye how many times do you want to quote the same shit repeatedly..
This is very annoying.

How can a man memorize the whole book alone verse my verse, you said some set of of people persuaded him to.write after giving testimony that the Lord ordered it be written, what if it's a lie just to preserve their legacy..

The Bible is written by so many people giving their own account which makes it more convincing..
You are killing yourself because of what a single man wrote thousands of years ago..

At the end of the day what has your religion of peace caused, all terrorist groups are muslims so far just because a drunk man included something's..
The innocent people blood are on your neck.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Xbee007(m): 9:32am On Dec 20, 2019
Torah + Old Testament = Qur'an.

2 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Olamilekxy(m): 9:37am On Dec 20, 2019
nutarious:
There is a way you tell yourself lies and want to believe the lies, at such point the lies looks like truth.

But when it's tested in open experiments, such lies won't or can't hold.

Muslims believe Quran is perfect, yet it was Compiled by a Man, can you believe that, that the Human brain is capable of retaining such verse?

Yet, Muslim choose to believe much of this unproven tendencies.

If you agree He was good in Memmorizing, why did he also gather from old writen ones around.

Also, robots have not been produced to 100% efficiency, not to talk of Man.

So we all should just believe a Man was perfect enough to write and we believe this man was absolutely correct.

When Religion is beyond facts and truths it has become illusion.

I recommend you dont post such things again. Your other Muslim. Brethren won't be happy

many people can memorise Quran without a single mistake, and they ain't Arab.

stop comparing your brain capacity to others, some people are bless and if you didn't believe Google is ur friend .

6 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by adeblow(m): 9:37am On Dec 20, 2019
Toks2008:
Firstly, sixthly, I was expecting tenthly Lol!

Next time OP just put numbers and not all these funny tags.

As for the Qur'an I learnt that some Christians were captured in a cave and made to write the Qur'an from biblical manuscripts.

I don't know if this is true but a converted Islamic cleric gave this narration.
Just try and read the Qur'an, the English version and decide for yourself whether anybody read the Bible or not simple.

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by 0temSapien: 9:39am On Dec 20, 2019
Abd Allah( aka Allah) wrote most part of the Qu'ran. Before his death, he enslaved Moh Ahmad (Mohammed) and made him to propagate the Qur'an. Read the Book Of Universal History: Common Era II for details.

3 Likes

Re: Who Wrote The Qur’aan And How Was It Put Together? by Olamilekxy(m): 9:45am On Dec 20, 2019
0temSapien:
Abd Allah( aka Allah) wrote most part of the Qu'ran. Before his death, he enslaved Moh Ahmad (Mohammed) and made him to propagate the Qur'an. Read the Book Of Universal History: Common Era II for details.

u people really trying, where did you get this?

with all the lies and propaganda about Islam am sure you people will be suprise dat Islam keep elevating, well am not suprise cos Allah promise us dat he will guide Islam.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Wisdom Behind The Prescription To Remove Pubic Hair And Armpit Hair / Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? / Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.