Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Why Does Jesus Need An Army? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does Jesus Need An Army? (1582 Views)

Why Does Jesus Refer To Himself As "The Son Of Man"? / Have You Ever Heard Of Frank E Graeff? He Wrote; Does Jesus Cares!! / Does Jesus Owe His Name To God? Ephesians 3:15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by LordReed(m): 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2019
Revelations 19
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

So Jesus as Lord of Lords, is supposedly coming back in power so why does he need an army? His power is not enough to deal with his enemies? He needs backup?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Blabbermouth: 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
LordReed:

So Jesus as Lord of Lords, is supposedly coming back in power so why does he need an army? His power is not enough to deal with his enemies? He needs backup?
Read your post again and take note where it wrote King of Kings. JESUS IS A KING, AND A KING HAS ARMIES!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by LordReed(m): 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Read your post again and take note where it wrote King of Kings. JESUS IS A KING, AND A KING HAS ARMIES!!!

What does he need the armies for?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blabbermouth:

ATHEISM has damaged some people's brains to the point they couldn't grasp simple logic anymore! cheesy

Imagine the most stupid question ever "why a KING needs ARMIES?"

Well, they felt that since it's the soldiers that protects their human rulers, the same must be applicable in the case of a supernatural being.

But in the real sense the ARMIES surrounding a King symbolises the vastness of his domain!

The quote says "heavenly armies", meaning the authority of such a ruler surpassed all that an atheist (whose intellect only manage what his eyes can see) could possibly grasp! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Blakjewelry(m): 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2019
because he sees the future, he knows the world population would have increase so he need the army. btw who brings a sword to a gun fight, i smell a massacre
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by xproducer: 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2019
In speaking to Pilate.... "Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.

Know this... the Lord GOD created all things, and all are His servants; being under His dominion! "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him." - Colossians 1:16 (Also John 1:1-3, and Revelations 4:11)

What is it to you whether or not the Lord GOD has armies? Do we know all that goes on beyond this planet on which we currently live? We should not concern ourselves with things above us(Psalm 139:6), but rather with being reconciled with GOD through belief in the Him; in the Person of the Lord JESUS CHRIST.

"Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness," Hebrews 3:7-8 (Isaiah 55:7, Psalm 145:8-9)

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Blakjewelry(m): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
Maximus69:

ATHEISM has damaged some people's brains to the point they couldn't grasp simple logic anymore! cheesy

Well, they felt that since it's the soldiers that protects their human rulers, the same must be applicable in the case of a supernatural being.

But in the real sense the ARMIES surrounding a King symbolises the vastness of his domain!

The quote says "heavenly armies", meaning the authority of such a ruler surpassed all that an atheist (whose intellect only manage what his eyes can see) could possibly grasp! cheesy
does it make sense to you that the so called king of kings and all powerful father will require an army to dominate ordinary humans. and one thing the write didnt get to realize is that today man no dey carry cutlass na gun

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Blakjewelry(m): 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
xproducer:
In speaking to Pilate.... "Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.

Know this... the Lord GOD created all things, and all are His servants; being under His dominion! "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him." - Colossians 1:16 (Also John 1:1-3, and Revelations 4:11)

What is it to you whether or not the Lord GOD has armies? Do we know all that goes on beyond this planet on which we currently live? We should not concern ourselves with things above us(Psalm 139:6), but rather with being reconciled with GOD through belief in the Him; in the Person of the Lord JESUS CHRIST.

"Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness," Hebrews 3:7-8 (Isaiah 55:7, Psalm 145:8-9)
lol i like the way you dey quote bible
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by LordReed(m): 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
xproducer:

Do you join organisations that you do not know what they do there?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Blabbermouth: 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
LordReed:

What does he need the armies for?
As Maximus69 stated, it was symbolism...
Moreover, when you were perusing the Old testament, how many times did God literally come down to carry out His wish or operations?
HE SENT HIS ANGELS!!!
Like Father, Like Son.... Shey you get?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by LordReed(m): 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Moreover, when you were perusing the Old testament, how many times did God literally come down to carry out His wish or operations?
HE SENT HIS ANGELS!!!

Nope. There is no place that Yahweh appeared to everyone in the old testament in power and glory. This passage in Revelation says Jesus will. How does a god appear in power and glory then still need an army? What is the purpose of the army?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blakjewelry:

does it make sense to you that the so called king of kings and all powerful father will require an army to dominate ordinary humans. and one thing the write didnt get to realize is that today man no dey carry cutlass na gun

Does it make sense to you that a king should move from one place to another without an entourage? cheesy

My friend, the ARMIES mentioned aren't for physical battle, the book said just one heavenly soldier (angel) exterminated 185,000 human soldiers in one night. 2Kings 19:35 compared to Luke 19:27

So the ARMIES mentioned connotes his Majesty NOT the forces defending or protecting him! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blabbermouth:

HE SENT HIS ANGELS!!!

I've used God's word as a weapon {Hebrew 4:12} to silenced him several times in his own reasoning { Job 5:13} so he's scared of engaging me again in reasonableness! Isaiah 54:17

I've used God's word to humiliate his pride in ATHEISM, so he feels intimidated anytime he sight my comment! wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by LordReed(m): 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
This is the thing about not responding to fleas, they begin to think they've grown into elephants.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Blabbermouth: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2019
LordReed:

Nope. There is no place that Yahweh appeared to everyone in the old testament in power and glory. This passage in Revelation says Jesus will. How does a god appear in power and glory then still need an army? What is the purpose of the army?
Okay, let me give you in your lànguage.
The armies are there to carry out the king's commands and orders.
What kind of a king runs around carrying out his own orders?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Daejoyoung: 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2019
LordReed:

Revelation is not a literal book, it is a vision.
The author uses powerful symbolic imagery both he and his audience could easily understand.
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Daejoyoung: 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2019
Maximus69:

But l think his question is that: if jesus is God and can do anything why would he need an army to fight a battle?
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by LordReed(m): 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Okay, let me give you in your lànguage.
The armies are there to carry out the king's commands and orders.
What kind of a king runs around carrying out his own orders?

So this god that supposedly made the universe all by itself, is revealing itself in power and glory now needs servants?
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by LordReed(m): 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
Daejoyoung:

But l think his question is that: if jesus is God and can do anything why would he need an army to fight a battle? even in that Revelation the army did very little, because jesus did all the fighting with only fire from his mouth, so the question he is asking is that if jesus could do this then why come with an army in the first place?

You get it.
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by LordReed(m): 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
Daejoyoung:

Revelation is not a literal book, it is a vision.
The author uses powerful symbolic imagery both he and his audience could easily understand.

So what were they supposed to understand about the army?
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Daejoyoung: 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
LordReed:

So this god that supposedly made the universe all by itself, is revealing itself in power and glory now needs servants?
lol, it's what happen when people take a symbolic book like Revelation literally.
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Daejoyoung: 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
LordReed:

So what were they supposed to understand about the army?
ok, as saint paul says: "We wrestle not against flesh and blood but principalities and powers".
So we are spiritual armies of christ fighting against the rulers of this world with the word of God( a sharp two edged sword).
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by LordReed(m): 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2019
Daejoyoung:

ok, as saint paul says: "We wrestle not against flesh and blood but principalities and powers".
So we are spiritual armies of christ fighting against the rulers of this world with the word of God( a sharp two edged sword).

So Jesus coming is spiritual not physical?
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Daejoyoung: 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2019
LordReed:

So Jesus coming is spiritual not physical?
ln a way yes, in my understanding the book of Revelation is like an action movie, more like game of thrones. lt was for all intent and purposes a symbolic vision more like Ezekiel and some parts of Daniel.
lf you look at that passage, the one on the white horse destroyed his enemies with a sword from his mouth ( that is to say his word).

But others may disagree with me and they have a right to their opinion
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2019
Daejoyoung:

But l think his question is that: if jesus is God and can do anything why would he need an army to fight a battle?

Thanks for the thought provoking question!

First of all Jesus is son of the Almighty God (the righteous judge), the armies following him aren't formerly angels, they symbolises his vindication as one having right to exterminate disobedient humans. Revelations 12:11 compared Luke 19:27

These ones were taken from the earth to heaven to rule with him because they proved themselves faithful and loyal till death. So they serve as Jesus' credentials to judge disobedient humans. Revelations 14:3

To illustrate, when a teacher teaches a class of about 80 students and majority of them failed woefully. Nobody has the right to PUNISH any of the students EXCEPT if some students in the same class got excellent during the same assessment!

So those following Jesus are NOT former angels in heaven who never experience the difficulties we face to do God's will in the flesh, they are the born again Christians who were taken to heaven to prove that imperfect humans can do God's will.
In fact it's there presence in heaven that gave Jesus the right to drive away disobedient angels from heaven! Revelations 12:7-11

In fact that's why Satan was desperate in eliminating the first set of born again Christians in the first century, because he knows that if Jesus could successfully gather obedient humans to become God's children in heaven (born again Christians), he (Satan) has no right anymore to be there! Luke 10:17-18 smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Daejoyoung: 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2019
Maximus69:

Thanks for the thought provoking question!

First of all Jesus is son of the Almighty God (the righteous judge), the armies following him aren't formerly angels, they symbolises his vindication as one having right to exterminate disobedient humans. Revelations 12:11 compared Luke 19:27

These ones were taken from the earth to heaven to rule with him because they proved themselves faithful and loyal till death. So they serve as Jesus' credentials to judge disobedient humans. Revelations 14:3

To illustrate, when a teacher teaches a class of about 80 students and majority of them failed woefully. Nobody has the right to PUNISH any of the students EXCEPT if some students in the same class got excellent during the same assessment!

So those following Jesus are NOT former angels in heaven who never experience the difficulties we face to do God's will in the flesh, they are the born again Christians who were taken to heaven to prove that imperfect humans can do God's will.
In fact it's there presence in heaven that gave Jesus the right to drive away disobedient angels from heaven! Revelations 12:7-11

In fact that's why Satan was desperate in eliminating the first set of born again Christians in the first century, because he knows that if Jesus could successfully gather obedient humans to become God's children in heaven (born again Christians), he (Satan) has no right anymore to be there! Luke 10:17-18 smiley

ok nice input.
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Blabbermouth: 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
LordReed:

Whatever HE pleases!!! There are thousand other ways HE could have appeared or designed His second coming. God's ways bro, God's way. He USES angels doesn't translate to He NEEDS angels.
PS: Jesus didn't create the universe.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Daejoyoung: 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Whatever HE pleases!!! There are thousand other ways HE could have appeared or designed His second coming. God's ways bro, God's way. He USES angels doesn't translate to He NEEDS angels.
But your bible says
ln the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was God, all things were made by him. John 1v1-3.

Hebrews 1v8 also says the son laid the foundation of the earth.

So what l understand from all these is that the spirit of christ( Spirit of Wisdom) which is Holy Spirit is being referred to in all of these passages.

Because in Genesis, it was just God and Holy Spirit flowing from God creating the world.
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by LordReed(m): 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blabbermouth:

John 1:3
All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by TVSA: 9:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
Blabbermouth:

Colossians 1:15-16 KJV
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: [16] For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Blabbermouth: 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2019
LordReed:

John 1:3
All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
Through him... Did you see that? Read God's act of creation in Genesis.
When every thing was being created;
God said, God saw. God said, God saw. God said, God saw it was all good.
John 1:1
"In the beginning was the WORD, The WORD was with GOD, The WORD was God."

The WORD was what God used to create all things. And JESUS WAS THE WORD.
That was what the verse you quoted meant...
I said that Jesus didn't create the universe so that you never mince the person of the SON with the FATHER. The MOST HIGH [God the father] was the creator of the whole universe...
Re: Why Does Jesus Need An Army? by Blabbermouth: 10:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
TVSA:

Colossians 1:15-16 KJV
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: [16] For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
By Adam were all Human created doesn't mean ADAM created all human.
THE WORD was God's instrument of creation, so every thing was created by and through it.
Do you comprehend?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“The Bamiloyes” Adorable Photo Of Mike Bamiloye And The Full House! / Why Burning Quoran? / Discipline Determines Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.