Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC (32332 Views)

Delta Poly Students Celebrate Exit Of Rector By Sweeping Main Gate (Pictures) / WAEC: Secondary Schools To Reopen On August 4, 2020 For Exit Classes Only / Federal University Ebonyi Generates Own Power, Independent Of National Grid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Rednaxelot: 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2019
The management of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, has attributed the delay in the exit of the institution from the national grid to the reorganisation that occurred in the Ministry of Power.

The Vice Chancellor, Prof Eyitope Ogunbodede, had on Monday, July 15, while declaring open the African Institute for Science Policy and Innovation International Biennial Conference, held at the campus said the institution planned to exit the national grid by October and generate its own energy.

However, Ogunbodede, while addressing a pre convocation press briefing on Friday, explained that the independent power project of the university was still on course.

He explained that the new completion date for the power project, through which the university would generate 8.08 megawatts of electricity, had been shifted to the end of year 2019.

He said, “There was reorganisation in the Federal Ministry of Power and change of leadership occurred. The completion time was initially December 2019, but the fast pace of work on the project made us to target October for the completion.

“Reorganisation in the Federal Ministry of Power is the reason we could not meet that target. But this December, we plan to exit the national grid. The project is on course.”

Giving the breakdown of the graduands, Ogunbodede said 7,208 students would earn degrees of diplomas in various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.

He said, “Of this number, 4, 756 are classified bachelor degrees, while the rest 536 are unclassified. Furthermore, 124 of these graduands have First Class Honours; 1,795 have Second Class Honours (Upper Division), 2, 256, have Second Class Honours (Lower Division), while 542 and 39 are graduating with Third Class Honours and Pass respectively.

“Similarly, of the 1, 917, postgraduate degrees; 59 are postgraduate diploma, 923 are Professional Masters, and 675, 52, and 208 are Masters with Research Thesis, Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy respectively.”

According to him, during the convocation, three eminent Nigerians will receive honorary doctorate degrees of the university. They are a marketing communications practitioner, Mr Biodun Shobanjo, President of African Export- Import Bank, Dr Benedict Oramah and chairman, First Bank of Nigeria, Plc, Mrs Ibukunoluwa Awosika.

https://punchng.com/oaull-exit-national-grid-by-december-31-vc/?fbclid=IwAR3c9HzS2mxWUOXoylWN5yQcS6UqdNtEnr2GNbLiD9HJX4fOp9wlfSTgssA

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by vecman22(m): 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
This is commendable

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by salford1: 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
Awesome. Self Generation.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by deepwater(f): 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
A train station in Japan exceeds the Nigerian national grid already. It's no brainer.

There is something phenomenal about Nigeria, even as cardi B enter Lagos her skin color change immediately.

Before you quote me, try to snap a picture before boarding a plane out of this shithole and snap another picture with same phone and cloths immediately you land anywhere else in this world. Then only u will see you real face undecided

128 Likes 9 Shares

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by cedricksly: 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ok
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by emeijeh(m): 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
People wen get sense.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
Lovely

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Profayo: 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Of the greatest Ife

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by tmcleo2k2(m): 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Ogbuefienubiaka: 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Great Ife. I love my old school

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Virus99: 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Just when I was considering to start my Masters in OAU angry

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by airminem(f): 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Booket

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by meccuno: 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
This is great news.
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Sheuns(m): 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Unilag needs to do this too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by lordjay: 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Excellent initiative

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by teepain: 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Rednaxelot:

https://punchng.com/oaull-exit-national-grid-by-december-31-vc/?fbclid=IwAR3c9HzS2mxWUOXoylWN5yQcS6UqdNtEnr2GNbLiD9HJX4fOp9wlfSTgssA

Now this is what we are talking about. I urge other institutions of higher learning to emulate this. Kudos to OAU.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by dont8(m): 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Great one from OAU, this is what a University should be known for.

I don't know why electricity should still be in an exclusive list up to this moment, imagine if every State or Local govt can generate own power with IPP,
Nigeria would have been industrialized by now and non-employment would have been reduced considerably.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
This is beautiful. Always setting the pace. Kudos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by A305: 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
This is a good news coming out of OAU eventhough i expected UNIBEN to take the lead. The government funding to education is insufficient yet this school is trying to make lemonade out of lemon. Kudos to UNIBEN, Sorry, i mean OAU.

Frank Sinatra would have loved that cheap benz on my page if he was alive never the less OAU is leading.

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by loveliveshere: 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
Of the GREATEST IFE!!!!

OAU I stan.

Proud Alumna

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Simplyleo: 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
Was on the campus few months back, saw some installed solar panels, but I don't think that is what the school is hoping to rely on though, cos energy outputs from solar panels that can.power the school should be much more than what I saw.

But what the vc did not state clearly is the means for this independent power generation. Certainly, not hydro.

One criminal muppet convulsing with the impression of "tormenting" me or in any convo with him keeps me laughing uncontrollably. grin

3 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
Independent power projects, especially at state level would have been the most sensible solution to the power problem in Nigeria. But the greedy mafia at the federal level always want to stagnate things in the country...

Niger Delta can generate its own electricity easily, Lagos can, even most parts of the North can create solar farms and take advantage of the vast desert lands they have, all that, added to what the National grid has would have solved our power issues...

Kudos to OAU. Great uni!!!

18 Likes

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Hypnotise: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
Chai.
Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by dtxxex: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Hienna(m): 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
Great IFE.... I stan ooo
Wanna learn about a new platform that will pay you 30k and above before two week?
Dm me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by mechanics(m): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
Wow, nice one.

1 Like

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
Let disgruntled students not go and destroy the installation in the name of "Aluta" o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by ugwusunday(m): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
Talk is cheap, seing is believing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC by osazsky(m): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
Na him osarumwense they zoor,bastard thief

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme / Almajiri Brutally Flogged In Kano For Too Much Roaming Around (Photo) / LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.