Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,244 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Pope Francis Compares Trump To King Herod - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Compares Trump To King Herod (328 Views)

The End Of King Herod / Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / What If King Herod Succeeded In Killing Jesus When He Was Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Compares Trump To King Herod by millizoo: 11:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
Pope Francis in another rebuke recently of the Trump administration's border separation policy, the Clergy Father, compares President Donald Trump to King Herod, who tried to kill baby Jesus, according to Breitbart's Thomas Williams, newsmax reports.

"In other parts there are walls that even separate children from parents," Francis said, per the report. "Herod comes to mind. Yet for drugs, there's no wall to keep them out.

"The phenomenon of migration is compounded by war, hunger and a 'defensive mindset,' which makes us in a state of fear believe that you can defend yourself only by strengthening borders. At the same time, there is exploitation."

The report however stated that, Pope Francis has been a frequent critic of President Trump's border wall, despite the fact his Vatican City is surrounded by walls in Rome, Italy.

"I must admit that I am shocked by some of the narratives I hear in Europe about borders," the Pope said, per the report. "Populism is gaining strength.

"The phenomenon of refugees has always existed, but today it is better known because of social differences, hunger, political tensions and especially war. For these reasons, migratory movements are intensifying."

"The Christian tradition has a rich evangelical experience in dealing with the problem of refugees," he added, per Breitbart. "We also remember the importance of welcoming the foreigner as the Old Testament teaches us."

Source: https://www.nollywoodtimes.com/2019/12/pope-francis-compares-trump-to-king.html

Re: Pope Francis Compares Trump To King Herod by ghettokid1(m): 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
Truth, but it pains
Re: Pope Francis Compares Trump To King Herod by chiefolododo(m): 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
May God bless President J. Trump

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Compares Trump To King Herod by sLentlover7778(m): 11:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
Donald Trump the real GOAT. grin grin grin
Re: Pope Francis Compares Trump To King Herod by Pauldollars(m): 11:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
Those who love lies cannot be friends with Trump. They always criticize him
Re: Pope Francis Compares Trump To King Herod by angelEmade: 11:36pm On Dec 08, 2019
Hmmm may God be with trump...
Re: Pope Francis Compares Trump To King Herod by oaroloye(m): 1:21am On Dec 27, 2019
MISHIGAS!

I want to know how ITALY treats ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Also, can people just walk into THE VATICAN, anyhow?

I don't believe that people can just cross the borders of Italy, nor enter the Vatican, with impunity.

The MEXICANS invading America illegally are usually ROMAN CATHOLIC.

So, the Pope cannot be speaking from justice, here.

(1) (Reply)

COZA Woman Apologises Over Controversial Davido Video / Poverty And Unemployment Has Turned Many People to be Pastor In Nigeria. / Top 5 Most Beautiful Gospel Songs (naija)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.