Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment (3256 Views)

Vietnam Seizes 2.3 Tons Of Elephant Tusks Inside Nigerian Wood Shipment / 18 Human Heads Found In Airport Shipment / Man Charged In Slaying Of Uic Graduate Student- Bawolomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by twinskenny(m): 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2010
Iranian man charged in Nigeria over arms shipment

Azim Aghajani said he needed his embassy to represent him before he could enter a plea
Continue reading the main story
Related stories

Nigeria reports seized Iran arms
Nigeria to quiz Iranian over arms
More arms found in Nigeria port
An Iranian man has been charged with arms trafficking in a Nigerian court, in connection with a shipment of weapons intercepted last month.

Azim Aghajani appeared in court in Abuja, but did not enter a plea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11843366

Court documents reportedly identified him as a Tehran businessman, and also a member of Iran's Revolutionary Guards.

Three Nigerians have also been charged in connection with the shipment, which included rockets and grenades hidden among building materials.

The court said Mr Aghajani had been charged with attempting to import prohibited arms into Nigeria and conspiring to send the illegal shipment to Gambia.

The Iranian said he needed his embassy to represent him before he could present his plea.

Two of the three Nigerian defendants were only charged with conspiring to re-export the shipment to Gambia.
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 26, 2010
I think Nigeria is stepping up, May god will continue to help us.
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by twinskenny(m): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2010
We need to really step up, to redeem our lost image
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by sizzlers(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2010
CAN somebody fill me in, does it mean that the arms was meant to SMUGGLE to GAMBIA? or to be use in 9ja
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by twinskenny(m): 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2010
investigation is still ongoing, no one knows
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by johndavid1(m): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2010
twinskenny:

We need to really step up, to redeem our lost image
Yea that's true
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by cnnnigeria: 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
see the eyes of the criminal

Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by Bawss1(m): 6:34pm On Nov 26, 2010
Who is the kid in dark shades and body armor rocking the Tavor assault rifle?
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by tpia5: 6:41pm On Nov 26, 2010
good question.

the iranian looks so scary. See im eyes.

and why were the weapons being shipped to Gambia i wonder.

is there a war there, or were they in transit.

as for the nigeria connection, it's not rocket science. Nigeria is a known destination and transit point for weapons trafficking.

lord have mercy. undecided
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by excoba101: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2010
grin grin grin grin what a criminal eye
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by onyengbu1(m): 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2010
Bawss1:

Kid?!!
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by tpia5: 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2010
^^yes, he looks rather young.
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by excoba101: 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2010
Yes kid. Very early 20s . In jobs like this i think it should have something to do with high and strong bone(age) in case of combat.
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by honeric01(m): 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2010
Nice gun, i need that gun for just 3 days. lipsrsealed
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by SeXyBoNE: 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
this is the first time i am seeing a sound and neat gun with any Nigeria sec official. And the guy with the gun is not joking at all, see him face
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by chidyke77(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2010
cnnnigeria:

guy nawa youoooo! how do you want criminal eyes to look like?
honeric01:

Nice gun, i need that gun for just 3 days. lipsrsealed
what do you need the gun 4?
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by Eemah(m): 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2010
Mere looking at him you know he is a terrorist. People like him o not need trial just blast him to pieces afterall they are used to suicide bombing. He must have ben importing those weapons in orer to come and train his boko haram brothers.
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by Eemah(m): 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2010
cnnnigeria:

By mere looking at the eyes you will see that they are like the eyes of a suicide bombing instructor importing those weapons to train his boko_Haram brothers in the northern part of the country had they succeeded in clearing them from the wharf. God don catch the animal.

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by honeric01(m): 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2010
chidyke77:

what do you need the gun 4?

What do they use gun for?
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by mystikal(m): 12:15am On Nov 27, 2010
Thats a sweet Rifle. God dayum!

Crazy Ahmadinejad people
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by bkbabe97y(m): 4:35am On Nov 27, 2010
Damn, I wish that Iranian would just try to make a run for freedom so that that "kid" could give him a quick demonstration in the workings of that big aszz gun!
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by igboboy1(m): 6:17am On Nov 27, 2010
In the days of Yar adua(RIP), Abacha, babangida etc this terrorist wont be charged because we all know abokis would have been bought over at the round table of the organization of Islamic countries (OIC) and be persuaded to leave their fellow jihadist to islamize the Nation. Now we have a non aboki chief of defence, non aboki president and some non aboki members of the security cabinet we can actually tackle this menace of extremism
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by twinskenny(m): 7:39am On Nov 27, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Damn, I wish that Iranian would just try to make a run for freedom so that that "kid" could give him a quick demonstration in the workings of that big aszz gun!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by sniy02(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2010

Na InterPol Officer.
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by powerblaze(m): 11:34am On Nov 27, 2010
that has to be interpol, Naija police wont even know how to load the magazine on the gun(with all those their rusty civil war rifles), but mhen, thatz some solid weapon! that guy must be feeling really cool with himself
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by jpworld(m): 11:37am On Nov 27, 2010
This guy should be handcuffs, how come he work as if nothing will happen,
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by dexmond: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2010
[size=14pt]That Kid Must be from INTERPOL. Our security outfits have embezzled the money meant for our boys to look like that guy. [/size]
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by yulad(m): 6:33am On Nov 28, 2010
about Zap.i.n time
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by SQout: 7:17am On Nov 28, 2010
that gun is simply sweet, i have seen d gun on several occassions. I guess d guy should be from SSS becos datz d gun they use. It as a lazer light on it. Which i could just see the thing work.
Dis guy is definatly a criminal, according to the anatomical metology. Dat pix looks like it's a movie. Nigeria is getin dere i guess.
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by villous(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2010
See Nigeria commando behind him OMO I like dat posture but what spoil d pics na does yaro wey dey ur back
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by villous(m): 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2010
the fear of Okitipupa prison is the begining of wisdom see as d iranian man they look like LUKU, u go here am. Nigeria prison mosquitos go make u confess say Ahmeenijad is the younger brother of Obama
Re: Iranian Man Charged In Nigeria Over Arms Shipment by OmoTier1(m): 12:05am On Nov 29, 2010
Funny how people pass comments about that "kid" on uniform being INTERPOL! Hmmmm the more one reads comments on NL, the more it seems most Nigerians know very little about Nigeria. That dude is an SSS op! As for the weapons, the regular Nigeria MOBILE POLICE FORCE NMPF may have "day gun" as their weapon of choice but not the 'Elite' secret op.

Now this Iranian weapons smuggling is a serious issue Nigeria must not play with! Has anyone read the volumes of the US Cables from WikiLeaks especially those on Irans and their clandestine operations to corner regimes around the world to their sympthy. I strongly believe part of those weapons were for the extremist in the Northern part of Nigeria.

The SSS, DIA and all the other "Secret" Layers of the Nigerian state must look beyond this weapons importation and try to unravel the Iranian clandestine agenda in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria - The persian has always been a fallen angel even right from the arly centuries and will forever remain so!

(1) (2) (Reply)

CCTV Captured Moment A Group Of Gang Shot A Young Man In Lagos Island Today / Crime. / Female Traffic Warden Crushed To Death In Calabar (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.