Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions (22758 Views)

Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations / Paul Olumide Kehinde Banned For 30 Months For Anti-Doping Rule Violation / Kylian Mbappe Makes History At The World Cup As Cristiano Ronaldo Crashed Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by Olugbenga1234: 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
Wasn't there a case with Russia in the last Olympic. Why always them.
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by webngnews: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
Oh
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by Quaddafi29: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
There is an all out campaign by the west to demonize Russia on all fronts. Its a pit that politics has been mixed in sports and the political rivalr has been brought I to our beautiful games. Each time Olympics is around the corner, the west via its affiliate organs will go afte Russia making it ga easier for their athletes to roll over other less competive athletes. Russia has to form an alternative sporting Organisation with a coalition of the willing in order not to be sidelined by the powerful western lobby. We wants see very competitive games and not a programmed western dominated charade.
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by linearity: 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2019
NORSYK:
That decision needs to be reviewed and reversed because of those innocent ones that have been working very hard ahead of this competitions

Individual athletes can still participate, as long as they pass drug screenings; only that they will not be flying Russia flag or representing Russia.
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by Folksyharry(m): 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
NORSYK:
That decision needs to be reviewed and reversed because of those innocent ones that have been working very hard ahead of this competitions

"As a result, the WADA ExCo has responded in the strongest possible terms, while protecting the rights of Russian athletes that can prove that they were not involved and did not benefit from these fraudulent acts.

Individual Russian athletes will still be able to enter global competitions under a neutral flag, as was the case for 168 Russians at the 2018 Winter Olympics when the country was banned.
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by VanEFCC: 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2019
gcey2k:
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) have stung the country with a four-year ban from all major sporting events, including the 2020 Olympic Games.

Russia will be barred from competing at the 2022 World Cup, with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) hitting the nation with a four-year ban from all major sporting events.

Along with football’s showpiece tournament, which is due to head to Qatar in three years’ time, the Russian flag and anthem will also be missing from the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
Abeg , I Must say oooo , Instead of Reading Latest Nigeria News i prefer listening to Good Top Naija Songs Biko ooooo

A WADA panel last month recommended the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) be declared non-compliant again over inconsistencies in anti-doping data discovered during an investigation.

WADA's independent Compliance Review Committee (CRC) recommended strong sanctions be imposed on Russia, including a four-year ban from competing in and hosting major sporting events.

On Monday, the body's Executive Committee unanimously agreed with the recommendation at a meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland.

A statement from WADA President Sir Craig Reedie said: “The ExCo’s strong decision today shows WADA’s determination to act resolutely in the face of the Russian doping crisis, thanks to the Agency’s robust investigatory capability, the vision of the CRC, and WADA’s recently acquired ability to recommend meaningful sanctions via the Compliance Standard which entered into effect in April 2018.

"Combined, these strengths have enabled the ExCo to make the right decisions at the right time.

“For too long, Russian doping has detracted from clean sport.

"The blatant breach by the Russian authorities of RUSADA’s reinstatement conditions, approved by the ExCo in September 2018, demanded a robust response. That is exactly what has been delivered today.

"Russia was afforded every opportunity to get its house in order and re-join the global anti-doping community for the good of its athletes and of the integrity of sport, but it chose instead to continue in its stance of deception and denial.

"As a result, the WADA ExCo has responded in the strongest possible terms, while protecting the rights of Russian athletes that can prove that they were not involved and did not benefit from these fraudulent acts.

“On behalf of the ExCo, and of the many WADA stakeholders that supported the CRC recommendation, I would like to thank the members of the CRC for their expert and considered recommendation, as well as WADA I&I and the forensic experts for their skill, diligence and perseverance in getting to the bottom of this highly complex case.”

RUSADA has 21 days to appeal the suspension, which would see its case referred to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Individual Russian athletes will still be able to enter global competitions under a neutral flag, as was the case for 168 Russians at the 2018 Winter Olympics when the country was banned.

The International Standard for Code Compliance by Signatories does not list UEFA as a "major event organisation", so Russia will also be free to compete at Euro 2020.

Stanislav Cherchesov's side have qualified for the finals, where St Petersburg is one of the host cities.

Russia have been placed in Group B alongside Belgium, Finland and Denmark.

Source: https://www.goal.com/en/news/russia-banned-from-2022-world-cup-as-part-of-anti-doping/1dumvodiy8gje10u563651upbu

Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by ABolt: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
gcey2k:
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) have stung the country with a four-year ban from all major sporting events, including the 2020 Olympic Games.

Russia will be barred from competing at the 2022 World Cup, with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) hitting the nation with a four-year ban from all major sporting events.

Along with football’s showpiece tournament, which is due to head to Qatar in three years’ time, the Russian flag and anthem will also be missing from the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.

A WADA panel last month recommended the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) be declared non-compliant again over inconsistencies in anti-doping data discovered during an investigation.

WADA's independent Compliance Review Committee (CRC) recommended strong sanctions be imposed on Russia, including a four-year ban from competing in and hosting major sporting events.

On Monday, the body's Executive Committee unanimously agreed with the recommendation at a meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland.

A statement from WADA President Sir Craig Reedie said: “The ExCo’s strong decision today shows WADA’s determination to act resolutely in the face of the Russian doping crisis, thanks to the Agency’s robust investigatory capability, the vision of the CRC, and WADA’s recently acquired ability to recommend meaningful sanctions via the Compliance Standard which entered into effect in April 2018.

"Combined, these strengths have enabled the ExCo to make the right decisions at the right time.

“For too long, Russian doping has detracted from clean sport.

"The blatant breach by the Russian authorities of RUSADA’s reinstatement conditions, approved by the ExCo in September 2018, demanded a robust response. That is exactly what has been delivered today.

"Russia was afforded every opportunity to get its house in order and re-join the global anti-doping community for the good of its athletes and of the integrity of sport, but it chose instead to continue in its stance of deception and denial.

“On behalf of the ExCo, and of the many WADA stakeholders that supported the CRC recommendation, I would like to thank the members of the CRC for their expert and considered recommendation, as well as WADA I&I and the forensic experts for their skill, diligence and perseverance in getting to the bottom of this highly complex case.”

RUSADA has 21 days to appeal the suspension, which would see its case referred to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The International Standard for Code Compliance by Signatories does not list UEFA as a "major event organisation", so Russia will also be free to compete at Euro 2020.

Stanislav Cherchesov's side have qualified for the finals, where St Petersburg is one of the host cities.

Russia have been placed in Group B alongside Belgium, Finland and Denmark.

Source: https://www.goal.com/en/news/russia-banned-from-2022-world-cup-as-part-of-anti-doping/1dumvodiy8gje10u563651upbu

@gcey2k, Russia will participate in FIFA world cup if they qualify. FIFA do not recognise WADA tongue tongue tongue wink
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by OgaBuhari: 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
Lenadiva:
MY ARSENAL MY PRIDE, THE ONLY CLUB TO GO UNBEATEN IN THE HISTORY OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL. YOUR RESURRECTION START TONIGHT. RISE AND FALL NO MORE.
keep living on past glory...

nevertheless I like ur signature.
you sound unique and different from other nairaland ladies here.
kindly send a pm let's talk
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by Bigcowhorn: 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
keep living on past glory...

nevertheless I like ur signature.
you sound unique and different from other nairaland ladies here.
kindly send a pm let's talk
[/s]

Trash

You already have a girlfriend from Delta state, you said so today, but more importantly you are scared of well educated women and prefer to play the slave.

@Lenadiva: feel free to DM this useless Librarian. Na garri you go drink on your first date.

Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by Retrography(m): 11:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
Abeg shebi Marion Jones that year na Russian abi na American?
I remember they stripped her of her gold medals.
What about Lance Armstrong?
Who was also doping.
Was America banned?
Putin is still the most powerful man on earth.
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by Correcto: 1:56am On Dec 10, 2019
Backed by your comment, It is obvious you possess half baked knowledge of global politics
cRobo:
World war loading
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by IJEYdiamond(f): 7:54am On Dec 10, 2019
They should just do the right thing..... either they want to invade some people's land or one ugly thing...

Super power for the wrong things....
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by koffsman(m): 9:48am On Dec 10, 2019
Putin will react to this because he will feel his country and it's citizens have become a target of the dope test body
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by xjiggy: 11:45am On Dec 10, 2019
KyleXYZ:

Learn to read properly. Na so you de take fail simple Comprehension passages.
You guys are quick to insult others which is a sign of immaturity. WADA that made the pronouncement does not have authority to enforce when it comes to football. Thx decision to ban Russian football team still lies on FIFA and UEFA. I can bet you top dollar FIFA will not ban Russia from 2022 world cup and according to the attached article, UEFA is not recognized as a major tournament organizer. I had to write this comprehension in order to clarify My summary it does not affect football. https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/50710598
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by shariff84: 5:44pm On Oct 07, 2021
Wa., the
Re: Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup As Part Of Anti-doping Sanctions by Szilard: 11:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
MY ARSENAL MY PRIDE, THE ONLY CLUB TO GO UNBEATEN IN THE HISTORY OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL. YOUR RESURRECTION START TONIGHT. RISE AND FALL NO MORE.

How's this going now sir grin grin grin

Miserable I tell you! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UEFA Places Oma Akatugba In Their Media Portal / Tanitoluwa Adewumi: 8-Year-Old Chess Player Interviewed By CNN / Zinedine Zidane "Contemplating" Manchester United Job Offer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.