Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos (589 Views)

Three Documents Cars Owners Must Tender To Police In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by Oooops: 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2019
I had a funny experience with the traffic police in Lagos.

I went to Slot office at Medical road, Ikeja to buy a phone. When I got there, I met some guys who asked me to park by d side of d road for a fee which I agreed.
Went inside, did the transaction and on coming out my car was gone.

Asked around they said traffic police towed the car away to their office.
I went to their office the man I met said I should pay 30k (undocumented) but later said the least he can do for me is 15k
I said I don’t have 15k as it was his boys that collected 200naira for parking fee and asked me to park.

The man insisted that I wouldn’t be able to take the car without the 15k exactly. Note this was on a Friday, hence I need the car for the weekend.

He insisted I pay 15k to him before he releases my vehicle.
I went to make withdrawals. Got the 15k and got my phone to record.
I recorded him as I handed him the money.

After counting, he then decided to release my vehicle.
I collected the vehicle, left the office and parked in a very safe spot.
Then I came back for negotiation. Went to his boss, showed him the video and promised it will trend if I don’t get my money back.

Prior to that I had informed my friends, sent the video to them for evidence, told them where I was and the police station address. Called a lawyer friend too and sent him the video. Just Incase I am framed or arrested or locked up.

He took my phone, watched the video extensively, he called his police colleagues and they watched it together then he held on to the phone.
He then offered me a very chilled bottle of drink. While drinking I heard him ask;
WHAT IS YOUR DEMAND

I asked for my money back (As that was all I had left) in return I’ll delete the video.
Las Las they gave me my money!!! I gave them 2500 for the inconvenience, took my drink and my phone and walked away!!!

That is how God saved me. I actually thought it would have been worse as I was prepared for the worse!!!

Below is a picture of the man counting my money!!!

Moral of the story; Na once person dey die, better don’t be a coward. Have a backup plan especially when you are being defrauded. But be cautious too.

Mods pls let people see this and learn

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by NGRsenate: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
Sharp!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by healthserve(m): 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
Nigerians can not change. Its hi-time that name gets neutralized. Tueh!
Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by Forward77(m): 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2019
Thank your stars that you’re alive

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by Oooops: 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
Forward77:
Thank your stars that you’re alive
My stars, Thank you ooo
Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by Dhayor001(m): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
Why u blur the face?

Expose the thief
Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
I learnt early that even though we are lawless and corrupt, everyone is afraid. If you know your rights, they let you go, after all there are a thousand gullible people out there. Why get into trouble because of one person.
Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
a billion likes for u op
Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by Oooops: 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
Gaggi:
I learnt early that even though we are lawless and corrupt, everyone is afraid. If you know your rights, they let you go, after all there are a thousand gullible people out there. Why get into trouble because of one person.
My brother, everybody is afraid oooh. That day I know say police too dey fear.
Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by idu1(m): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2019
grin
Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by Raysleek: 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2019
Nice one. That computer village ehn na market for those criminals in uniform. They work in conjunction with area boys.
Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by Oooops: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
Raysleek:
Nice one. That computer village ehn na market for those criminals in uniform. They work in conjunction with area boys.
You're very right. If you nor shine eyes there. Area boys go dupe you, then you go and report to police who will complete the work area boys started

1 Like

Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by symbianDON(m): 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
op you are too much joor!! 10 bags of kulikuli for you

Re: My Experience With “traffic Police” In Lagos by Oooops: 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
symbianDON:
op you are too much joor!! 10 bags of kulikuli for you
Thanks jare... Desperate times call for desperate measure!
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

2000 Lexus Rx300 @1m / Camry 2013 Model / Direct Belgium 2004 Benz C240 @2.1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.