Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Programming Challenges - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Challenges (1673 Views)

Codewars.com Coding Challenges / Regular Programming Challenges With The Odd Money To Win / New To Python, Gurus Please Help Solve These Challenges. Thanks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Challenges by adehsenior(m): 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
Good day house, I've been learning C# programming language for about 6 months now but I need to get my hands on practical challenges. Please if anyone has any website that provides practical C# challenges to help me polish and develop myself.
Re: Programming Challenges by shegzhkn: 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
where and how did you learn C# and did you really understand object , clases and oop concept very well , if that the case you should have no problem honing your skill.
Re: Programming Challenges by neuroboy4: 3:37am On Dec 11, 2019
Check project-euler, Hackerrank, Codewars.

These sites have thousands of challenges. You can use your knowledge of C# to tackle the problems there. It will also help you to improve your problem solving and critical thinking abilities

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenges by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
Wow with all the trash that c# packs as a language you try. Me self I never learn am finish that rubbish virtual and override bullshit I no understand am. Can I test your skill here.
Re: Programming Challenges by darealez(m): 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Ausrichie:
Wow with all the trash that c# packs as a language you try. Me self I never learn am finish that rubbish virtual and override bullshit I no understand am. Can I test your skill here.
which language do you understand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Programming Challenges by darealez(m): 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Project Euler was fun..
Re: Programming Challenges by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2019
darealez:
which language do you understand?
C and c++ though I still as usual don't understand the virtual and override bullshit in c++. Last last I now understand why programming languages of today face criticism. I understand c# too but the thing is just too long and the libraries are too large. C remains the best.
Re: Programming Challenges by adehsenior(m): 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
Ausrichie:
It's not what one understands overnight, the knowledge comes with practicing.
Re: Programming Challenges by 2ray4sure: 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2019
C# is very interesting but time consuming.
You can test your knowledge by building simple application.

You can build a simple data entry software .
You can build simple login and registrations web applications.

Once you can do that. You just need to build on it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Programming Challenges by hardebayho(m): 9:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
Ausrichie:

C and c++ though I still as usual don't understand the virtual and override bullshit in c++. Last last I now understand why programming languages of today face criticism. I understand c# too but the thing is just too long and the libraries are too large. C remains the best.
My brother, if you're talking like this then you have no idea how much you don't know about the C language. C++ is not complicated na.

Go and view the linux kernel source code and tell me how much of the code you can read and understand. Then you can say C is the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programming Challenges by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 15, 2019
hardebayho:

My brother, if you're talking like this then you have no idea how much you don't know about the C language. C++ is not complicated na.

Go and view the linux kernel source code and tell me how much of the code you can read and understand. Then you can say C is the best.
It depends on who writes it and the so called ANSI standard that is why c# named it as a standard to use camel casing for variables I.e isBool and for methods e.g DoSomething(); those times no one gave a hoot. Ah C++ is complicated oh they should have scrapped multi inheritance but no they won't. And the method for printing to the screen scares beginners: "cout<<"Hello World!"<<end; how would a beginner know operator overloads just like that.

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenges by adehsenior(m): 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2019
2ray4sure:
C# is very interesting but time consuming.
You can test your knowledge by building simple application.

You can build a simple data entry software .
You can build simple login and registrations web applications.

Once you can do that. You just need to build on it

Thanks, I think this contribution is an eye opener. I'll work on your suggestions
Re: Programming Challenges by 2ray4sure: 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
adehsenior:

Thanks, I think this contribution is an eye opener. I'll work on your suggestions

We have experience with them if you need help you can reach out to our team
https://www.naijaitguys.com.ng

For free advice and consultation.
Re: Programming Challenges by hardebayho(m): 3:21am On Dec 24, 2019
Ausrichie:

It depends on who writes it and the so called ANSI standard that is why c# named it as a standard to use camel casing for variables I.e isBool and for methods e.g DoSomething(); those times no one gave a hoot. Ah C++ is complicated oh they should have scrapped multi inheritance but no they won't. And the method for printing to the screen scares beginners: "cout<<"Hello World!"<<end; how would a beginner know operator overloads just like that.

Bro, there are rules in every programming language, and every language has its own methods of solving problems. Just like a regular language, you can't expect c++ to look, be or act the same as the C language. If so, then what's the point of having a new language in the first place?

And if you think about it, you don't have to use all these things. If you don't want to use streams in C++, you can always use C's printf functions, which works just fine. These things are not forced on you, but if you take some time to study and practice these little things, then you'll find that it's quite easy and not too difficult to work with. I used to think assembly language was hard until I got my hands dirty and learned that it's just basic instructions (machine code) stored as mnemonics to tell the CPU when and how to manipulate memory.
Re: Programming Challenges by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
hardebayho:

Bro, there are rules in every programming language, and every language has its own methods of solving problems. Just like a regular language, you can't expect c++ to look, be or act the same as the C language. If so, then what's the point of having a new language in the first place?

And if you think about it, you don't have to use all these things. If you don't want to use streams in C++, you can always use C's printf functions, which works just fine. These things are not forced on you, but if you take some time to study and practice these little things, then you'll find that it's quite easy and not too difficult to work with. I used to think assembly language was hard until I got my hands dirty and learned that it's just basic instructions (machine code) stored as mnemonics to tell the CPU when and how to manipulate memory.
You're right sha. And my problem with assembly is how different assemblers bring in their own directives that thing is really annoying when I use MASM it is different from NASM or worst of all GCC and AS(GNU assemblers) Bjarne was really right when he said: "There are two types of languages: the ones that are not used(obsolete) and the ones that people complain about" grin
Re: Programming Challenges by Jas80: 8:23am On Jan 02, 2020
What can you do with c#, or better still, which app have you created
Re: Programming Challenges by nappy760(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2020
In conjunction with dotNet ,c# can be used to build web apps.
I started c# 2 yrs ago and I still haven't completely grasped it grin
Although my work schedule and inability to dedicate all my time is part of the cause but I need to stop making excuses and start doing the do grin
angryNo more excuses

(1) (Reply)

Why Are All Tech Startups In Nigeria Fintechs? / Please Help Fix My XSLT File / How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.