Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

"Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN (18275 Views)

FAAN Bans ‘Ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports / All Female Air Traffic Control Personnel Take Charge At Airports (Photo) / South Africa Frustrates Evacuation, Arrests Home-bound Nigerians At Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by naptu2: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2019
See previous thread here:

FAAN Bans Uber, Bolt And Others From Lagos Airport, Places Heavy Fine
https://www.nairaland.com/5575208/faan-bans-uber-bolt-others

FAAN: Bolt, Uber not banned at airports

The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) says passengers are free to use whatever means of transportation they deem fit to arrive or depart the airports across the country.

The agency said this amid complaints and claims that it had restricted taxi companies such as Uber and Bolt from picking passengers at airports.

On Tuesday, a Twitter user said: “So @FAAN_Official has issued a directive via this billboard to state that @UberNigeria @Boltapp_ng amongst others are not allowed to pick up passengers from the airport.

“The fine for this ranges from 10,000 naira. Please be aware.”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10712569_faan2_jfif_jpeg18ee60700763e10a70339c7fb83ef290

However, Henrietta Yakubu, FAAN general manager, public affairs, refuted the allegation.

In a statement sent to TheCable on Tuesday, Yakubu said FAAN is not responsible for the billboard with the restriction notice.

“A group of persons did that without recourse to FAAN management. Please disregard. Members of the public are free to be dropped at our airports by whatever means of transportation,” she said.

Speaking with TheCable, a passenger who simply identified himself as Tayo, said he had a first-hand experience of Bolt.

“When I arrived at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport on Saturday, I requested a taxi through Bolt. After I located the driver and got in the car, he pleaded that he wanted to delete the app from his phone,” Tayo said.

“When I asked why he said they were not allowed to pick up passengers from the airport and if he is caught he would have to pay a fine. He said the airport taxi drivers are against them.”

There have been clashes between regular airport taxis and cab-hailing services such as Uber and Bolt.

Many airport users say they stopped using airport taxies because Uber and Bolt are cheaper.
https://www.thecable.ng/faan-bolt-uber-not-banned-at-airports/amp

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 11, 2019
Best news of the week. Make I call lati.

My uber men since they started playing that airport routes My money dey complete, and they have enough to save. Plus My cars dey rest wella. Heared they are heavy tippers .

Airport taxi drivers think say them wise abi..... Them be Mumu men

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by inoki247: 7:19am On Dec 11, 2019
The Local Taxi operator dey try use fake news format to gain customer....

I don't even know what to believe again even if person wife get belle u av to confam ursef dix days say shey na u get am....

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by MrRhymes101(m): 7:19am On Dec 11, 2019
He said the airport taxi drivers are against them.”

obviously...

7 Likes

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by gaetano: 7:19am On Dec 11, 2019
Very mischievous headline. Uber drivers are complaining they are not allowed to pick up passengers at the airport. FAAN is saying they are not banned from dropping off passengers at the airport.

The issue here is picking up passengers as airport taxis don't want these brands to snatch the passengers, they want them to only drop them off. So the problem is still there

95 Likes

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by maynation(f): 7:20am On Dec 11, 2019
No one knows what to believe again but then I got no biznezz with them.
Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by itsme01: 7:20am On Dec 11, 2019
grin

foolish policy

the Airport Shuttle imbecsile that charges as high as 15k- upwards for little drop, have gone to bribe FAAN, unfurtunatelyfor them they cant i dentify Uber from personal drivers coming to pick their relatives or bosses

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by helinues: 7:20am On Dec 11, 2019
So BLADE erected this public notifications at an International airport without FAAN been aware?

2daful

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by SUCKCESSFUL: 7:21am On Dec 11, 2019
Hmmn

1 Like

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by maynation(f): 7:21am On Dec 11, 2019
itsme01:
grin
foolish policy

That?
Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by Dupalmer: 7:21am On Dec 11, 2019
The counter notice by FAAN addressed only dropping of passengers by Ubet, Taxify and others. The problem has always been about picking of passengers not dropping. God punish them.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by luminouz(m): 7:21am On Dec 11, 2019
maynation:
No one knows what to believe again
Lol,just try it today and see if the news is true.

I've found that the best way to find the truth is to test the lies yourself.

2 Likes

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by LabDNA: 7:22am On Dec 11, 2019
These buffons think we are fools, they are very much aware of the billboard, they are backtracking because of the backlash they received from Nigerians.

They have been harrasing and arresting Uber, bolt and taxify drivers in Abuja since last year using the Abuja Environmental protection board agents.

FAAN are simply interested in making like difficult for Nigerians because of the kickbacks they get from NURTW.

I have never seen a country that enjoys making simple things difficult except Nigeria. The leadership of faan should be sued jointly and severally by Uber and co.
Nigerian civil societies should also be interested in the matter.

Petition should also be written to EFCC, that FAAN leadship open their books, so we can see their accounts. Make life hot for them, since they've sworn that Nigerian travellers must not have peace.

NURTW taxis should either innovate or die. The world is moving forward, we cannot be left behind.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by pawesome(m): 7:22am On Dec 11, 2019
So some group of miscreants decided to put billboard abi...weldone
Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by iSufferFools: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2019
Of course she'll deny it until one use Uber or bolt and get arrested that's when you'll know she's lying
Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by Topmaike007(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2019
How is it my business, when Ocar is there and there awoof is real

2 Likes

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by Akachukwu42(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2019
Those taxi when them fit collect flight money as fair. Common from the terminal to main road them go tell you 2500. Crazy people everywhere
Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by officesetup11: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2019
This post is discussing in an outstanding way. I like your way yo discussed your valid points and facts about this. I really said you share more and more articles. office setup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by chigoziri2403(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2019
I would rather wheel my luggage by hand than enter an airport taxi
Very expensive.
Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by Goldenheart(m): 7:23am On Dec 11, 2019
sad some people just intentionally like to make life difficult for others...
Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by Cutehector(m): 7:24am On Dec 11, 2019
It's only in Nigeria that you will see news like this

Faan bans uber

1 day later

Faan denies banning uber

Is it that journalists/social media moderators dont verify news ?

1 Like

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by NaijadrivaCars: 7:25am On Dec 11, 2019
grin

The last time I travelled by Air, the driver of the airport taxi I boarded complained that "Uber drivers de put sand for their garri". After they paid heavily to run in airport, buy expensive cars (his was a 2016 Toyota Corolla).

This 'competition' is good for passengers because, I was supposed to pay N6000, according to their tfare chart, to my destination but I bargained and paid N4k.

Between Uber/Bolt drivers and airport taxi now...grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by TheMostComplex1: 7:25am On Dec 11, 2019
luminouz:

Lol,just try it today and see if the news is true.

I've found that the best way to find the truth is to test the lies yourself.

My you just said the truth
Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by bukkielee(m): 7:25am On Dec 11, 2019
Very bad from our Government. They must provide Taxometers for their Taxis to prevent overbilling

2 Likes

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by SouthSouth1914: 7:25am On Dec 11, 2019
What is wrong with these government agencies and the government itself?
Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by crossfm: 7:25am On Dec 11, 2019
Better.we really need this guys because those self acclaimed taxi drivers were turning into something else before this guys came.they think once you are in the airport you are super rich and should pay any amount they charge you.

1 Like

Re: "Uber, Bolt Not Banned At Airports" - FAAN by saraki2019(m): 7:26am On Dec 11, 2019
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nigeria Nurse Moving To The UK / FRSC Commander Advocates Sharia Law For Traffic Offences / Getting Australian Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.