Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,588 members, 7,850,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:45 AM

How Do I Advise Someone To Use Deodorant? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do I Advise Someone To Use Deodorant? (417 Views)

Please Advise / Please Read This And Advise Me, I Do Not Know Who To Trust / How Can Someone Hate Me So Much?please Read And Advise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Advise Someone To Use Deodorant? by Logik: 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2019
So I'm in a non-African country with a lot of Africans.

I noticed, unintentionally, that almost all of the ones that have recently arrived from Africa tend not to wear deodorant.

This habit has given black Africans a not so lovely reputation among locals here, unfortunately.

Whenever one sits next to a non-African, that person would shortly afterwards get up because the smell can be pretty overwhelming.

I don't think they realize that they have body odor. Or maybe they do but regard it as normal and not offensive.

The other day, one of them was dressed immaculatey for a job interview. I sat down with him to talk and immediately I could smell him. I know for a fact that he would never get hired smelling like that.
And sure enough, he didn't get the job. Now granted, it could have been for other reasons, but still, it would be a major hindrance.

A few days ago I was sitting next to another one while he was on a video call. He was bragging about not wearing deodorants. I couldn't believe it! He was saying that he would never do that and that he is not like that. The way he was talking was as if wearing deodrant is a disgrace.

The same one who had an interview, I was chatting with yesterday and he was telling me about certain ethnicities how they don't shower for 3 days and how they stink when you get close to them. I was screaming inside "that's you!". But I just couldn't bring myself to say anything. It's funny too that he brought it up. We were talking about race, and that's how it came up. I deduced from what he said that I don't think he realizes that he smells. Always immaculately dressed with really good clothing that are not cheap, but reeks for a block! It really defeats the purpose of looking good.

I like the guy. And I want to help him out. But I just don't want to offend him.

Thoughts?
Re: How Do I Advise Someone To Use Deodorant? by donbachi(m): 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
Buy one and give d person
Re: How Do I Advise Someone To Use Deodorant? by Darteyyyy(m): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2019
Check out Naija Students No 1 local classifieds.

https://www.stuff4students.com/

It's like a Konga for students to sell to each other in school and students in other schools around them.
Re: How Do I Advise Someone To Use Deodorant? by Logik: 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
donbachi:
Buy one and give d person

Oh wow! Now why didn't I think of that?! /s
Re: How Do I Advise Someone To Use Deodorant? by edoairways: 7:56am On Dec 14, 2019
If you like him then say the truth as it is

(1) (Reply)

Why Igbo No Dey Sell Suya / What Could This Mean?? / Brief Information About “IVIE”...Just For Your Enlightenment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.