Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

“Joshua Will Destroy Wilder If They Ever Fight” - Former Heavyweight Boxer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “Joshua Will Destroy Wilder If They Ever Fight” - Former Heavyweight Boxer (881 Views)

Anthony Joshua Will Beat Fury Because He Is Physically Superior - David Haye / The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria / Former Heavyweight Boxer, David Bey Dies While Working At A Construction Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Joshua Will Destroy Wilder If They Ever Fight” - Former Heavyweight Boxer by Great100000: 7:30am On Dec 13, 2019
Three names have dominated World Boxing heavyweight division in the last few years -Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder.

We have seen a less fancied Fury who was not in great shape take on Wilder and that ended in a draw. Having seen Wilder and his devastating right hook, it is widely believed that Joshua stands no chance against the WBC heavyweight champion.

But how will we know until we see both of them in a fight, even though that might never happen especially seeing Wilder rejecting lucrative offers to fight the Nigerian born British boxer.

Former World Cruiserweight Champion Tony Bellew is among the very few who believes Joshua will absolutely demolish Wilder in the ring.

In an interview with Talk Sport, the retired British boxer categorically stated that Wilder is no match for Joshua and will be left looking ridiculous.

“I just don’t think he’s big enough for Fury or AJ.

“I do actually think he’d beat Deontay Wilder, not gonna lie.

“I think technically he’d make Deontay Wilder look absolutely ridiculous. And Wilder will know that, so won’t touch him. Styles make fights,” he said.

Deontay Wilder has been very critical of Joshua since he defeated Ruiz to regain his belts. However, just like Bellew, Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn believes the world has given to much relevance to Wilder.

Joshua and his team have to decide between fighting IBF mandatory challenger, Kubrat Pulev and WBO mandatory challenger, Oleksandr Usyk within the next 180 days.

Usyk who recently moved up weight divisions from Cruiserweight to Heavyweight shares the same promoter as Anthony Joshua, and reports suggest Usyk might be closer to agreeing a fight with Derek Chisora which might play to Joshua’s advantage.

Bellew believes Joshua should be wary of Usyk who he described as an impending “danger to anyone”

“Oleksandr Usyk is a big danger to anyone. He’s a very, very good fighter in his own right.

“I just think that the only thing that is missing with Oleksandr Usyk is the sheer size and the weight.

“What he’ll find is he’ll probably be beating all these guys for five or six rounds – very similar to how I was beating him to be honest until I got tired – and then what’ll happen is they’ll catch up with him.

“I do think he beats everybody, I think the only two guys who are gonna be a step too far will probably be Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua – depending on which Joshua comes in.

“The Joshua who turned up on Saturday night, I think that’s the perfect model for the Usyk fight.”

In 2018, Oleksandr Usyk stopped Bellew in round 8 to retain all his cruiserweight belts , ending Bellew’s 10 fight winning streak and ultimately sending him into retirement.

Re: “Joshua Will Destroy Wilder If They Ever Fight” - Former Heavyweight Boxer by partnerbizn4(m): 7:36am On Dec 13, 2019
Lets wait for fury and wilder first.
But i guess they should postpone fight for both Aj and wilder so as to create more suspense.
Re: “Joshua Will Destroy Wilder If They Ever Fight” - Former Heavyweight Boxer by Topmaike007(m): 8:10am On Dec 13, 2019
No be by mouth oo sad
Re: “Joshua Will Destroy Wilder If They Ever Fight” - Former Heavyweight Boxer by drips8(m): 8:53am On Dec 13, 2019
Heavyweight or cruiserweight boxer, which one OP?

Re: “Joshua Will Destroy Wilder If They Ever Fight” - Former Heavyweight Boxer by meobizy(f): 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2019
It seems these heavyweights do more of talk than action. There is nothing to fear in someone who rose up in weight class, they are only faster but do not carry power, endurance and strength. One sweet hit to the chin from a regular guy in the weight class and they’ll dream of irrelevant things while sprawled on the canvas.
Re: “Joshua Will Destroy Wilder If They Ever Fight” - Former Heavyweight Boxer by jezrael001(m): 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
Don't underestimate the power of fufu��
Re: “Joshua Will Destroy Wilder If They Ever Fight” - Former Heavyweight Boxer by Great100000: 2:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
drips8:
Heavyweight or cruiserweight boxer, which one OP?
Heavyweight
Re: “Joshua Will Destroy Wilder If They Ever Fight” - Former Heavyweight Boxer by Blueelf: 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
meobizy:
It seems these heavyweights do more of talk than action. There is nothing to fear in someone who rose up in weight class, they are only faster but do not carry power, endurance and strength. One sweet hit to the chin from a regular guy in the weight class and they’ll dream of irrelevant things while sprawled on the canvas.

Lolllll

(1) (Reply)

Sure Bet9ja Booking Code For Today Monday 10th August 2020 / Sure Win Paripesa Free Prediction And Booking Code For Today 18 August 2021 / Top 8 Highest Paid England Managers And Their Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.