Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Help Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me (1032 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me by playstashun: 10:36am On Dec 13, 2019
Pls i want to ask some questions.
When i turn on the ignition and the car starts, both fans come on immediately .I turn on the a/c and i noticed that i am getting poor gas miles. I bought 11litres and drove about 10miles and zoom my fuel dropped to 3 litres /yellow light becomes visible. At moderate speed...40-60kph... I am very worried because i have replaced two fans and they keep getting spoilt. now the fan on the left side i have to hit it slightly before it picks. Rewire said i should change the engine of the fan and that bypassing has no business with fuel, that people are even coming to do bypass fans so that both fans work direct when engine is turn on or at idle. Does it affect fuel
Re: Help Me by nurey(m): 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2019
playstashun:
When i turn on the ignition and the car starts, both fans come on immediately .I turn on the a/c and i noticed that i am getting poor gas miles. I bought 11litres and drove about 10miles and zoom my fuel dropped to 3 litres /yellow light becomes visible. At moderate speed...40-60kph... I am very worried because i have replaced two fans and they keep getting spoilt. now the fan on the left side i have to hit it slightly before it picks. Rewire said i should change the engine of the fan and that bypassing has no business with fuel, that people are even coming to do bypass fans so that both fans work direct when engine is turn on or at idle. Does it affect fuel

is the car a Nissan?
Re: Help Me by playstashun: 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2019
Honda
nurey:

is the car a Nissan?
Re: Help Me by nurey(m): 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2019
playstashun:
Honda
Revert all connection back to manufacturer specs.
Re: Help Me by fait10(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
playstashun:
Check if ur car has a catalyst converter
Re: Help Me by EngRichie: 7:08am On Dec 14, 2019
Check to ensure that other cooling system components are okay(no leaks, no weak hoses, no faulty fan control, no faulty temperature sensor, no underlying over heating issue and so on). Then revert the fan back to factory working mode.

Direct fan connection is overworking the fans, stresses your power supply, increases your fuel consumption and reduces your engine's life span.
Re: Help Me by playstashun: 4:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
Check engine light came on
Scanned. Shows 02 sensor low.
I just changed the sensor 4months ago so it seems voltage not entering in.
Again pls whr can i find a competent rewire that works on honda cars in ibadan.someone who can help me revert back the fan connection to factory. Kazeems have made a fool out of wires . From relay switch of nissan ,to fan . Pls help me.
fait10:

Check if ur car has a catalyst converter

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Almera Car Sale. / Niaja Used Tire For Sale (sold. Sold. Sold) / Toyota Camry 2004 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.